Gamepot.com spends the weekend with the 666th.. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WTH is a Mag, and why do I want to ride it?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-26, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Gamepot.com spends the weekend with the 666th..

I know alot of you don't use the main PS forums, so I'm posting this here too...

"The Secret World of Hardcore Gamers"

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6086914/index.html

If you don't want to sign up for a free basic account, you can get the stream off of our front page.. www.planetside-devildogs.com

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2004-01-26, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

My favorite is watching your guys using the 4 shot Jackhammer exploit
Nice video though! Its great to see PS getting such exposure
Old 2004-01-26, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Yeah I noticed the camera-guy had a nice little surge icon there, along with the Jackhammer. But on the flipside, I saw one TR guy with an MCG rushing around in a crowd of at least four NC, and it took them quite a few shots to kill him. The Reaver pilot who bailed, who I presume was the camera guy, had to be wearing Agile (since rexo don't fit).

Well, to each his own. Congratulations, it's nice to see good publicity for Planetside, even if it was NC. Great work, and maybe some of the other outfits out there can take a page from your book and learn some things. Hopefully some of them will be TR/Emerald.
Old 2004-01-26, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Quad shot is not an exploit. SOE's "fix" will not effect the quad shot--it will just make the already horrendous reload afterwards even worse.

As for the Agile, you can't pilot in Rexo--if you could, I'd be using it.

Old 2004-01-26, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Yeah the whole point about the agile...

Surge/Agile/Jackhammer.
Old 2004-01-26, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Quad shot is an exploit on the bug where the Jack doesnt have to properly reload, thereby gaining access to what otherwise would not be useable in that form. Choosing to use bugs for an advantage = exploit
Old 2004-01-26, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Quad shot isn't an exploit eh? I sense a bit of shame at the fact that someone's kills have been gained through exploitation. Hardcore != exploiter.

It's a triple-barelled shotgun. Where's the fourth bullet come from? A magic bullet perhaps?

Some people just don't get it.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-26, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I know that when I am using my Jackhammer, if I want to, I can quadshot untill my clip is spent. This is contrary to the design and is a documented bug. As I understand it each tripple shot is supposed to require a reload and you dont get to wait till your clip is spent to take care of it if you want to tripple-shot again
Old 2004-01-26, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by EVILPIG
Quad shot is not an exploit. SOE's "fix" will not effect the quad shot--it will just make the already horrendous reload afterwards even worse.
http://planetside-universe.com/forum...ad.php?t=18610

Might want to read the first post by Infinite Loop.
Old 2004-01-26, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Manitou said leave it alone. Good thing he's not a dev.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

Old 2004-01-26, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

I would have like to seen HT interviewed ('lies' would like to have seen a VS outfit interviewed ), they have a 10th of the members and are about the only NC that I know the names of the members and avoid them when I see them in-game.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2004-01-26, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Gryphon
I would have like to seen HT interviewed ('lies' would like to have seen a VS outfit interviewed ), they have a 10th of the members and are about the only NC that I know the names of the members and avoid them when I see them in-game.
I'd like to see them interview an outfit from each empire. So far the only outfits I have seen interviewed are massive NC outfits. Funny how some of the smaller outfits on Emerald can do what larger outfits can't, or simply lack the organization to. I know outfits who have double-digit numbers and they're climbing the outfit-points ladder or are already in the top twenty (I say top twenty because it was "top ten" before the server merger).

But lest I take away from the recognition, again I say congratulations.
Old 2004-01-26, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I had never fired a Quad-shot till it became a forum hot topic recently (like a month ago).

You guys seem to have a misconception about how it's supposed to work. If fixed properly, you won't have to reload the clip after a triple. The clip and the barrels are to different things. The way a "quad" should should work, is there should either be the same delay from a normal shot to the triple as there is between two normal shots (reload the one barrel first) or switching fire modes after a normal shot would immediately expell the two remaining barrels (as one is already empty). Either way, I see far too much b1tching about the JH as it is. The MCG is the best HA in the game.

Old 2004-01-26, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Why does NC get an alt-fire that increases ROF? It's a clear violation of the (rather stupid) empire flavor.

TR gets ROF bonus. Not NC.

Why is this such a tough call for the devs?

Old 2004-01-26, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

CDL man, its all about the CDL.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion