Un-Nerf UBGL? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nuff Said...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-12, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Un-Nerf UBGL?

I would like to formally propose that the devs do this. Soon.

That's not to say I want it to be a hand-held dalton that is infinitely resuppliable by engineers, but a direct hit should be a 1 hit kill. As much as I know everyone hates OHKs, it's a grenade launcher and is hard enough to get a direct hit with anyway.

And the radius is ridiculously small. Testing in the VR my grenade exploded at the foot of a target and dealt no damage. It's terribly nerfed and nobody really uses it.

Typical overboard nerf, make it take longer to resupply at engi ammo boxes or something, but don't make it a waste of an underbarrel slot for all the classes that don't abuse the ammo box.
Old 2014-02-12, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Re: Un-Nerf UBGL?

Maybe not overdo it this time (as they tend to do) and just fix the trajectory and the sight first. That might already fix a few problems. Then we can talk about damage values, although I don't think it should be a OHK. We have too much of those already. But yes, I think the attachment is underperforming. Pretty much the only reason I use it for is shooting grenades at Maxes in close combat as you can actually reliably hit those (and get some damage done before being horribly shred to pieces)

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2014-02-12 at 01:14 PM.
Old 2014-02-12, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
DynamoECT
Private

Screw UBGL, and the horse they rode in on. They can stay nerfed forever. At least 1hk headshotting someone with a sniper at range takes some skill.
Old 2014-02-12, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
War Barney
Sergeant Major

It is kind of funny that people scream insults at you for suggesting a sniper rifle shouldn't OHK and complain non stop if you suggest touching a shotgun.. but a GRENADE LAUNCHER apparently shouldn't have OHK...

While we're being insane I think taunt should be a OHK for any enemy who hears it! and its entirely unfair that tanks don't blow up when they run into me!
Old 2014-02-12, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Disagree.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2014-02-12, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Selerox
Sergeant

Exclamation Re: Un-Nerf UBGL?

Keep it nerfed. The last thing we need is yet more explosive-based farming.
Old 2014-02-12, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Can't believe people are actually disagreeing... If you get directly hit by a grenade launcher it deserves a one hit kill. Things like the UBGL are the reason you use S-variant weapons.

It ought to be doing some worth-while damage and it should be more reliable.

But really, all I'm asking is this: Can you say that in its current state it's adequate? Because nobody uses it right now. With a reason. Now, maybe my suggestion of a 1-hit kill (when the shell actually makes direct contact with the target) is "overkill" even though rockets do it, but something needs to be changed and it needs to be a reliable boom-launcher.

And farming? That's why I suggested making it take longer to resupply. Simple concept.
Old 2014-02-12, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Explosive damage as far as I know is bugged in the VR. That's not a good basis to go by when testing things like the ubgl.
Old 2014-02-12, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
HiroshiChugi
Captain

I agree, Make my launcher like it was pre-nerf. Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with everything else (except buff the damage JUST A TAD BIT! And the speed needs a slight buff as well).

*EDIT*: Grammar.

Last edited by HiroshiChugi; 2014-02-13 at 11:28 AM.
Old 2014-02-12, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
typhaon
Sergeant Major

No. It doesn't need to be OHK - but they could certainly adjustments to the radius/dropoff.
Old 2014-02-12, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

It was a fun but over rated weapon way back before the nerfs started.

The it was a weapon of limited situational usefulness.

And now its junk that only matters in that the S weapon variant is slightly worse than other weapons.
Old 2014-02-12, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
AThreatToYou
Major

I'm not against the UBGL being OHK. I am against snipers.
Old 2014-02-13, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
I am against snipers.
Old 2014-02-13, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
CanVer
Private

Maybe UBGL should be OHK for anyone who doesn't use flak protection. It is way too bugged to be useful at this point. Sometimes the grenade explodes and sometimes it doesn't. When it does explode it isn't doing much, other than to alert the enemy and force them to run away or turn around and kill you. Splash damage is not working in VR so ubgl won't work properly there.

AND I'm not against snipers. I just hate anything that kills me in this game so nerf everything SOE.
Old 2014-02-13, 06:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

I don't think that the UBGL should be a weapon that is used to directly aim at the enemy anyway. With that design it's "just" another direct fire weapon and a shitty design too that will never be balanced.

Simply make it an area of effect damage weapon which isn't great in direct confrontations (as the grenade doesn't explode on impact) but can be used to soften up groups of enemies. A NS Lasher so to speak which is more about supporting your squad then making kills. By that the weapon would actually have a unique purpose and niche in squad based play. The fact that it doesnt explode on impact would also give enemies the time to react like moving away, activate shields, etc.

With that idea I would also recommend that UBGL grenades and C4 replace hand-grenades. But that's not going to happen.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion