Radar Bane for Galaxies - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you pick at it, it WILL get worse.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should Galaxies Be Changed to have no radar signature.
Yes 7 18.92%
No 30 81.08%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-01-13, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

There's also the fact that it doesn't really make sense... the way that Stealth Bombers work is the fact that they basically don't have a tail. This was first discovered in 1945 by a German Bomber (the HO-445 I believe... the number's wrong though) that was basically the first Stealth Bomber. It was designed as a big flying wing, and, by sheer luck, the inventors discovered that it had a fairly weak radar signal. This is due to the fact that there's no tail wing. If the war had gone on to 1946, Germany would have most likely dropped a nuclear bomb on New York. Of course, you can say "Well we would have dropped a bomb on them first! Remember Hiroshima? You are such a n00b." Not true... the German's were developing a plane that would use Wire-Guided rockets that could EASILY destroy the American plane that was used for delivering the Atomic Bomb. This would have been done before the HO-445 was. Also, there was the Volksjager which could down any british or American plane.

But I digress... the point is is that some war buffs would probably point out that this doesn't make any sense...
Old 2004-01-13, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

LOL don't make me count the ways in which my entire family could contradict you
-whole line of male military members/buffs-
Old 2004-01-13, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Jagd
Major

Oyoyoi. Marbo, not everyone wants the game to be dominated by air power which is probably why you guys won't see eye-to-eye. Personally, I'd love some new aircraft but then again I'm also the type of pilot who knows when to ditch my plane and do some grunt work on the ground. Pilots tend to get a bad rap in Planetside because too many them are totally focussed on kill spam, rather than using their Reavers for what is really needed-- taking out enemy aircraft first, enemy armor second, and only worrying about infantry when there is nothing bigger to kill.
Old 2004-01-13, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Incompetent
I was comparing it to the deliverer moron, and 25/20mm cannons absolutely rape armor and infantry. The galaxies guns are ineffective because it's too hard to concentrate them, but two of them firing at the same target are murder.
20mm rape armor do they? the reaver is a twin 20mm and you let one sit there and shoot a tank dead on for a while and tell me if from the time it started to stopped you don't think you could have brought it down. If you can't then practice your aiming i can down a reaver with a freak'n flail i don't know about you. Ok i'll dropp it down to 2 25 mils on wing and 2 passaners hows that? the 25 doesn't rape unless your down low. The 35 is murder i'll admit.. but i didn't use that now did i? now as for the 20mm if you think about how they are set up they can't dual target they have a 90* radius with a 180* verticle firing zone. That leaves a central blindspot runing the length of the aircraft begining at the guns, at all firing angles. It's speed is the same as that of the galaxy. It is slightly more manuverable, equal to that of the Liberator, But that is due to it's smaller size. The lower armor would make it absolutly useless for High combat drops as in order to set up it would get Annihalated. The Purpose is to have an Insertion craft for smaller teams that can deploy it's cargo then maintian minor Close Air support in hostile territory away from allied support. the null signiture would be to allow the aircraft to survive long enough to make it behind enemy lines and deploy into the facinity of enemy automated fortifications. The aircraft would not have superior armor to a deliverer ever seen how many full on rocket barrages a del can take? how many a grounded reaver can? that is where the armor is determined. anything else is piloting skill.

Last edited by SlyMarbo; 2004-01-13 at 04:59 PM.
Old 2004-01-13, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Jagd
Major

You know, you're arguing about something irrelevant since there will never be a new aircraft in PS that is built to the specifications of one Sgt.SlyMarbo, Drill Instructor for the Blackhawks Air Division. Thanks though, we have all wanted an airborne deliverer for months and months.
Old 2004-01-13, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

i'm using toned down mill specs that spawned actual real world aircraft (don't rag on me on "this isn't the real world" when i say toned down it is heavily toned down, look at the full capabilities of the Russian Hind Helicpter and you'll see what i had to start with) and equipment. Not only aircraft. And i'm a drill instructor and a member of the Air division not instructor for it. if your air division i'd hope you graduated our boot camp allready.
Old 2004-01-13, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

And as for ground pounding watch for me in your DL sometimes.. if i'm not beamer sniping outside of it.
Old 2004-01-13, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Chewy a couple of questions for your bullshit scenario? Is in development the same as in production? No? What whould nuking new york accomplish? Not a lot by that point in the war. Where whould they launch this mythical strike from?

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-01-13, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Anyway back on target before playing My virtual Cock is biggerest. Were not going to worry about real world aircraft for the moment untill i get my sam sites.

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-01-13, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Ummm... let me think about that. The HO-445 had already been produced. It was tested, flown, and I believe even took down a B-29. Nuking New York would do one of the most important things... lessen the morale. What do you think the point of V-1 and V-2 Rockets Germany fired at London?
Old 2004-01-14, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

oiy

Screw the fact it could down a B-29! He had a point where in the (FLE) are they going to launch this mithical strike from? The HO-445 did not have the range to make that sort of crossing and come back. So what if you can bring down a B- 29, big (FLE)ing deal the thing is a fling whale, your average fukawulf could do that. Also the H0-445 was not large enough to carry a nuclear weapon of that time it didn't have the cargo capacity nor the lift potential for lugging a pre-plutonium nuclear device. the HO-445 also was no match for the P-51 mustang and other fighter aircraft. The Rockets of that period were also unable to cary said payloads as again they lacked the carying potential. Rocket launchable Nuklear weapons were not feasable till the 50s. if the V-1 or V-2 rockets were to be loaded with Nuclear warhead it would no longer have the range to remove the payload far enough away to prevent the destruction of the launch site.
Old 2004-01-14, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

BTW and so you guys don't complain I'm very fond of TLAs

TLA = Three Letter Acronyms
FLE = four letter explative
BTW = By the Way
WTH = What the Hell
WTF = do i really have to translate?
Old 2004-01-14, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

You're right, the current one didn't have enough fuel to make the flight and back. However, a second version was in development that would have been thicker and would have had enough fuel to make the flight and back. It would have been done before 1946.
Old 2004-01-14, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally Posted by Incompetent
Not neccesary, it just needs better guns and possibly a second version with the vehicle bay stripped out and more seats.
That'd be nice.
Old 2004-01-14, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by ChewyLSB
You're right, the current one didn't have enough fuel to make the flight and back. However, a second version was in development that would have been thicker and would have had enough fuel to make the flight and back. It would have been done before 1946.
Too bad it still didnt have the payload to carry that era's nuclear bomb, Plus again i ask you, what whould this have accomplished, america whould not have pulled out of the war, we whould have lost some of our production, but defense department planners wisely put most of our critical production (tanks and planes mostly) in the interior of the country. I.E Omaha and elsewhere, so yes you kill a lot of people, ok what does that accomplish other then having us do things to the german people that make the Russian offensive look like a tea party.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion