El Jacko Hammero - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Awaiting approval. Oh wait...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-07, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
TheN00b
Colonel

I saw this one thread that favored replacing the Jackhammer in NC HA with a large, slow-firing railgun that was affective at medium range. Seems to me like that would fit the HA mold more than the Jackhammer does.
Old 2004-02-07, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Marsman
Major

Originally Posted by Dharkbayne
marsman, they got rid of the reload thing, they're just making you wait like, 1.25 seconds between switching from single shot and triple shot
And you got this info from ... where? I just went thru the dev tracker for that info - afaik, that's the latest.
Old 2004-02-07, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Spee
Delete the HA certification. It sticks out like a sore thumb of unbalanced badness.
I completely agree. Nothing good comes out of mobile weapons that can be carried by infantry which kill you in a second indoors. I loved it when HA universally sucked and all fights were done primarily with MA weapons. HA completely sucks.

The stationary, deployable weapons would be a great replacement for HA.
Old 2004-02-07, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rempel
Corporal

Hmmmm we got some good ideas going on here. I like that idea about having some group of deployable weapons such as machine gun'ss and mortar's. I also liked the idea about the Rail gun. that would be alot cooler than the JH. but i don't see what all the complaining is about. i used the JH before and i don't see what it has over the minigun or the lasher. sure it's got that burst fire thingy and is really good in close quarters but so are two or three TR guy's carying miniguns. in any case, having bunkers that need to be captured to create a lattice is a super idea. if SOE ever asks if we want that ill be sure to say hell yeah!
Old 2004-02-07, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Marsman
And you got this info from ... where? I just went thru the dev tracker for that info - afaik, that's the latest.

On the OF, I'll get the link later, it was from SmokeJumperPS

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-02-07, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

God i love fights when HA is not involved, We had one last week, we were the last NC on teh cont and had the tower out in the middle of noware and a samll band of VS kept somaing and we heald out for quite awhile, no HA involved(a max one each side though) it was so awsome

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-07, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't like Heavy Assault either. More credits for a bigger gun is all it is. Play with the little vehicles all you want, the real fight is always inside the base, where close-quarters combat is unavoidable. The 'tactical' applications of Heavy Assault basically include capping off a Quake mentality or a warping exploit.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-07, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Totally agree on the stationary weapons as a replacment for HA. I don't see it happening unfotunately.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-02-07, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
VashTheStamped
Major

Misc Info

leave The Jackhammer Alone You Whinning Babys.

Nc Is Suppossed To Have The Strongest Weapons. Read Your Manual. Stop Complaining.
Old 2004-02-07, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by VashTheStamped
leave The Jackhammer Alone You Whinning Babys.

Nc Is Suppossed To Have The Strongest Weapons. Read Your Manual. Stop Complaining.

Dumbass, you do not even have a single fact to support your argument. Do you think that is what they meant by "most powerful"?

How the fuck did you even get to be a moderator??
Old 2004-02-07, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
MrCovertMan
Sergeant

removing HA would make: NC for their beloved jackhammer. TR cause they only recently got a decent HA. and the VS cause honestly alot of us never really liked our HA
hey ya know what....maybe we should remove HA
right now friendlies run around a recently capped base with a looted jackhammer and start firing into the air near crowds to make people freak out
"Speak not of power until you have beheld it's truest form"
Old 2004-02-07, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Yah, that's some pretty poorly thought-out commentary, Vash.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-07, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

By strongest he means hardest hitting

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-07, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Rempel
Corporal

OMG, you people! i can't belive your still arguing about how powerfull the jack hammer is. start up a new charecter, use the JH. IT'S NOT THAT GOOD! i have the cert, I don't use the stupid gun. I will stick with my gauss. let's talk about how dumb it is that you cant go prone! WTF is up with that, you could gain a seriouse tactical advantage if you could lie down in the battle field, SOE hear me!
Old 2004-02-07, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
MrCovertMan
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rbstr
By strongest he means hardest hitting
ok so the NC are about power. the TR are about more = better. the Vs are about versatility and or mobility. so why give the NC a TRIPLE barreled shotgun? I thought the TR was for more = better. Remove the 2 extra barrels, lower it's refire and beef up the Jackhammers damage to = 1.5 to 1.75 sweeper shots.
"Speak not of power until you have beheld it's truest form"
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion