Im new and have some newbie questions - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better than sex. Well, fat sex atleast.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-12, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Corbie
Private

Im new and have some newbie questions

Hey folks,

Im new here, ive always known about planetside but never really gave it much of a look. Ive been playing RTCW the last year, and its turned me into more of an FPS gamer than I used to be..so now planetside is looking pretty interesting to me.

Anyway, I had some questions..and ill admit right now that I havent given the boards a thorough search yet, so some or all of these may be questions that have been asked before..possibly quite a few times.

1. How many Certs can you get?

2. If your vehicle is destroyed, are you and everyone in it killed as well?

3. Do you have to pay to have a vehicle created at a base or do they spawn periodically? and if they spawn..what is the limit on vehicles before they stop spawning?

4. Can you switch between medium and heavy armor at will? or do you have to choose one or the other?

5. Agile armor has an extra pistol slot, does that mean you can use 2 pistols at once with agile armor? What about smgs such as the suppressor?

6. Will there be the standard $10 a month charge, or will they be raising it to 12 or 15 like all the other money grubbing bastages out there?

7. Ive played MMORPGs before, and ive never seen a twitch based one. The reason for this, ive always been told, is because its just not possible to get the great connection that is required for twitch based games when you have 1-2000 people on the same server. Was this just a misconception? or has Planetside done something new in order to give players the quick connection they need?

Ive got more questions, but ill leave it at this for now.

Thanks for reading, I hope yall are more kind to newbies than other MMO communities that ive been in
Old 2002-12-12, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

ahh so many questions. I'll take a stab at the easy ones.

1. You can get 21 of the possible 60+ certs at rank 20.

2. If your vehicle blows up with you still in it I think you die. Bail out before it does that.

3. You spawn a vehicle from sort of a vehicle spawn bay or something from what I understand.

6. Probably remain the same price but I guess it depends on how many people play it. It's sony so you never know.
Old 2002-12-12, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

I should be able to answer all ofthese

1. How many Certs can you get?
A) We just learned a solid answer to this today in fact. Its around 1/3 of all certs. This is once you have a max battle rank of 20

2. If your vehicle is destroyed, are you and everyone in it killed as well?
A) I am not sure on ground vehicles. WIth air vehicles it is possible to eject - but if your inside when its destroyed the pilot is killed. Not 100% sure on vehicles. So I wont answer

3. Do you have to pay to have a vehicle created at a base or do they spawn periodically? and if they spawn..what is the limit on vehicles before they stop spawning?
A) The only cost of vehicles is time. You get them by going to a vehicle station and spawning once. Once you spawn one if you crash immediatly you need to wait x minutes till you can get a new one. There is NO limit on the amount of vehicles in game.

4. Can you switch between medium and heavy armor at will? or do you have to choose one or the other?
A) You need to go to an equipment station.

5. Agile armor has an extra pistol slot, does that mean you can use 2 pistols at once with agile armor? What about smgs such as the suppressor?
A) If it has a larger weapon spot you can fit a surpressor. If it does not, you can only carry a pistol (or 2 depending on armor) see this for an inventory screen: http://www.planetside-universe.com/i...3&filetype=jpg

6. Will there be the standard $10 a month charge, or will they be raising it to 12 or 15 like all the other money grubbing bastages out there?
A) No way to know yet

7. Ive played MMORPGs before, and ive never seen a twitch based one. The reason for this, ive always been told, is because its just not possible to get the great connection that is required for twitch based games when you have 1-2000 people on the same server. Was this just a misconception? or has Planetside done something new in order to give players the quick connection they need?
A) They have done everything from scratch, using things that SOE has already learned with games like everquest. So, in a sense we still need to wait and see if they manage to pull it off. (btw its not one server - more like a server farm)

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-12, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Corbie
Private

Awesome thanks for the answers Hamma.

Im getting more and more excited about this game as im reading up on it. Im having a heck of a time deciding between NC or TR..im thinking that NC is gonna be more my type (That jackhammer just looks too good to pass up). Plus I think the NC guys look cooler hehe.

Anyway, thanks again for the swift responses..I appreciate you taking the time to answer a newb.
Old 2002-12-12, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

np. thats what we are here for

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion