Planetside day and devs old and new? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You wish it was for dinner.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-30, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
fvdham
Staff Sergeant

Re: Planetside day and devs old and new?

Some1 said term bug happens if 2 hackers hack the same term simultaneously.
Old 2012-06-30, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by fvdham View Post
Some1 said term bug happens if 2 hackers hack the same term simultaneously.
Nope. It tends to happen when there's a massive horde of people in a very small area. I imagine it stems from the same bit of code that makes the doors not work when the server starts crashing and makes things lag due to timer overflows. (or that's what I imagine causes it as I got those kind of errors back before there was a limit on boomers)

I feel kind of bad now knowing that the defending party can only have 150 to the attackers 250. Eisa is one of those few bases that can hold out against massive numbers thanks to the terrain.
As for Amerish, it probably didn't help the NC that Amerish is our home cont (shut up it is) and we probably know the terrain better than they do. Ended up leading my squad to Mekala with the intent to drain and hack prior to the switch to neutral. Ended up providing the AMSs for the base and taking it with help when the base went green. Mekala is one of those wonderful to defend bases as long as the enemy doesn't take the high ground to the south. It also links to two sub-capital biolabs. Ended up joining the fight at Verica once the shield went down and had wonderful times playing peekaboo with the friendlies coming in and out of the ether. After that took my platoon to Supai and started up an awesome cave fight. Big thanks to the TR for showing up to be murdered, the NC weren't as cooperative. Side bonus was that Solsar then got cave lock benefits. Logged out after that, overall was a great time and I got to see 3 old friends which was awesome.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
Nope. It tends to happen when there's a massive horde of people in a very small area. I imagine it stems from the same bit of code that makes the doors not work when the server starts crashing and makes things lag due to timer overflows. (or that's what I imagine causes it as I got those kind of errors back before there was a limit on boomers)

I feel kind of bad now knowing that the defending party can only have 150 to the attackers 250. Eisa is one of those few bases that can hold out against massive numbers thanks to the terrain.
As for Amerish, it probably didn't help the NC that Amerish is our home cont (shut up it is) and we probably know the terrain better than they do. Ended up leading my squad to Mekala with the intent to drain and hack prior to the switch to neutral. Ended up providing the AMSs for the base and taking it with help when the base went green. Mekala is one of those wonderful to defend bases as long as the enemy doesn't take the high ground to the south. It also links to two sub-capital biolabs. Ended up joining the fight at Verica once the shield went down and had wonderful times playing peekaboo with the friendlies coming in and out of the ether. After that took my platoon to Supai and started up an awesome cave fight. Big thanks to the TR for showing up to be murdered, the NC weren't as cooperative. Side bonus was that Solsar then got cave lock benefits. Logged out after that, overall was a great time and I got to see 3 old friends which was awesome.
you are wrong, Asus and I stumbled on the two ppl hacking deal with only two of us in the spawn in a ghosthacked base,we could sometimes duplicate it but not regularly.

this is the one bug that screwed more ppl over than any other and yet it still exists,that's a sad commentary on the support that SOE gave PS1.
Old 2012-07-03, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
you are wrong, Asus and I stumbled on the two ppl hacking deal with only two of us in the spawn in a ghosthacked base,we could sometimes duplicate it but not regularly.

this is the one bug that screwed more ppl over than any other and yet it still exists,that's a sad commentary on the support that SOE gave PS1.
I admit it's not a bug I've researched in depth and I've always taken comments about things happening when there is more than 1 hacker as more hearsay than anything. Though with this new info I have come up with at least 3 new things I want to test and implications that could lead to an even more terrifying form of base draining! Thank you!
Old 2012-07-03, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
JeffBeefjaw
Corporal

Sporkfire is in BRTD
Old 2012-07-03, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by JeffBeefjaw View Post
Sporkfire is in BRTD
So he did show, good

The term bug lost us the retard event to the TR on... Friday?

We even had it happen twice in a row. Resecured the first time, but not the second. Too many Suppressors vs MCGs.

Old 2012-07-03, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
JeffBeefjaw
Corporal

TR had the term bug on sunday night at Heyoka during the event, really is annoying at tech plants
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion