idiot event idea. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Going where no fan site has gone before
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-06-30, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Pella
Captain

Re: idiot event idea.

Hossin locked again!

Shame SOE doesnt do this in EU times.
Old 2012-06-30, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Aesir
Private

SG was on the field at Amerish during the whole event, I'm only a new member there and talk on my behalf and opinion here.

We were pushing the TR off Amerish before the event got announced, and we already noticed the 2-3% VS pop that was capturing towers in the south and thought that this is the usual VS screwing around stuff they so love to do, we paid no attention to it.

As the event got announced and started we pretty much were holding the last two hacks to get the TR off cont, while a 20% and raising VS population was marauding in the south, setting themselves home in our bases and now we thought that they are up to something. We also thought in 4 mins the continent capture will flip all towers anyway but we should get ourselves mobile, so I got send to get ourselves a Gal.

We pulled out of the bases, as I was trying the get a Gal out of the term at Azeban all bases except the capital and two others went neutral. With alot of disorganization along pretty much all NC forces it was a wonder we even could hold on so long to begin with. Every were we tried to "defend" to keep the Capital dome up, the VS were already there, so we had to attack on 2 to 1 odds, this was setup to be impossible to win for the NC.

Also, what I found interesting, bases that were held by the NC during the event got showered non stop by meteorites. Higby joined the SG Platoon later and said he was not the one raining them down on us.

Other than the Genhold were we kept the VS outside of the gen for over 20 minutes, until we went out of ammo, this whole event was not really enjoyable and left me somewhat angry at SOE.

If they try to do that on 01.07. I will not join the battle that day, and I would recommend that neither one does, there is no fun on the defending side or attackers side, atleast I see none in outgunning someone 2 to 1. Play something else but not PS1 if they really will do those event's EVER again.

01.07. is a fanmade event, if SOE want's to support it they only need to keep the sever from crashing, alongside some Meteor showers.

Last edited by Aesir; 2012-06-30 at 03:06 AM.
Old 2012-06-30, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
cryosin
Master Sergeant

All i see is

"ZOMG QQ Vanu kicked our butts"

<3
Old 2012-06-30, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
fvdham
Staff Sergeant

Too bad I missed rabbit ball.
And the zerg is good at rabbit.
Old 2012-06-30, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by cryosin View Post
All i see is

<3
I don't know about that. All the VS is good for is getting me max kills at this point in time.
Old 2012-06-30, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Marsgrim
Sergeant

At least NC then got their home conts locked after the event to allow them to ghost hack them back.

Meanwhile, TR who were 2nd - got a full suite of mods deleted by Brewko at Thoth - have been stuck getting farmed for 12 hours because after the event ended Brewko didn't give parity to the TR by locking the TR continents.

I understand Oshur was finally lost to TR because during the attempt to retake Zal we were annihilated in the CY by a meteor storm....

Therefore, one incredibly stupid event later that no body wanted, TR have lost everything - apparently were 0 based as a result, and had the pleasure of being farmed with no tech on Solsar whilst NC and VS did their usual dance to make sure it was a 3 way against TR.

Please take this feedback SOE - I have not met anyone in game who actively wants your event. Particularly when it is administered poorly by someone with an obvious empire bias.

You trumpet that you wish PS2 to be a AAA FPS shooter game, well this kind of mentality and event completely undermines that philosophy and will drive people from the game.
Old 2012-06-30, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

From reading this thread it sounds like it was a good night to be stuck at work. If from what I read happened as described above then yeah it was BS and one of the worst events that has happen in PS1 so far.

Old 2012-06-30, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Marsgrim View Post
At least NC then got their home conts locked after the event to allow them to ghost hack them back.

Meanwhile, TR who were 2nd - got a full suite of mods deleted by Brewko at Thoth - have been stuck getting farmed for 12 hours because after the event ended Brewko didn't give parity to the TR by locking the TR continents.

I understand Oshur was finally lost to TR because during the attempt to retake Zal we were annihilated in the CY by a meteor storm....

Therefore, one incredibly stupid event later that no body wanted, TR have lost everything - apparently were 0 based as a result, and had the pleasure of being farmed with no tech on Solsar whilst NC and VS did their usual dance to make sure it was a 3 way against TR.

Please take this feedback SOE - I have not met anyone in game who actively wants your event. Particularly when it is administered poorly by someone with an obvious empire bias.

You trumpet that you wish PS2 to be a AAA FPS shooter game, well this kind of mentality and event completely undermines that philosophy and will drive people from the game.
That seriously happened? What the fuck. Its shit when GMs do stuff like this to make it unfair for any side.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-06-30, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by cryosin View Post
All i see is

<3
Tbh, your outfit has been mass slaughtered quite consistently lately. I'm utterly convinced ya'll can't do anything without 2-3:1 odds or better.

Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

All I see on the first page is bitching and whining from someone who always bitches and whines for every little thing and from a mod.

Get over it. You got in for free and the event hasn't started until it says on your fucking calender JULY 1ST. Which will be event and script free.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by JPalmer View Post
All I see on the first page is bitching and whining from someone who always bitches and whines for every little thing and from a mod.

Get over it. You got in for free and the event hasn't started until it says on your fucking calender JULY 1ST. Which will be event and script free.
If I'm not mistaken point was paying for this before free time started as am I. We were complaining about the homeland defense event last night that has been in the game for ages. This isn't the community made PS Day event. Get your facts straight.
Old 2012-06-30, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Haro
Master Sergeant

And you forgot me, jerk.
Old 2012-06-30, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

I don't need justification to voice my opinion. Deal with it.

Old 2012-06-30, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
cryosin
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
Tbh, your outfit has been mass slaughtered quite consistently lately. I'm utterly convinced ya'll can't do anything without 2-3:1 odds or better.
Sometimes attacks fail. We always bring a large concentration of people to take a base. Attacking is always harder than defending, you need to do that.

What's really happening is that all of the NC and TR are trying to up their KDR, whereas AT and GoTr actually go for objectives.

Hence, we die a lot but take the bases. Oh, and then everyone on here starts blaming Dev's for their losses.

This is really quite silly.
Old 2012-06-30, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
I'm not going to log in on sunday, Brewko is liable to fuck shit up even more. Someone ought to fire him.
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...09&postcount=9
Because Brewko is an idiot...

18:05 p0intman|afk fwiw
18:05 p0intman|afk brewko forced our hand
18:05 p0intman|afk initially, the air cav event was to be held on amerish
18:06 p0intman|afk but since he wanted to run that terrible event again, he forced us to act and rush it
18:06 p0intman|afk so, for all of the unorganisation and shit, blame brewko
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brewko is an idiot.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	719  

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-06-30 at 08:37 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion