NDA lifted, screenshots for j00! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: incoming max units? i hope she can handle that.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-11, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Led

Well picture the cone of fire. The crouched cone is of course smaller than standing. The first round is NEVER guaranteed to go right dead on the crosshairs, it will end up somewhere in that cone of fire. Crouching just makes it smaller

One shot firing all the way to the clip plane... I meant that as how in counterstrike, you could snipe with the AK one shot at a time at someone clear across the map. You cannot do this in PS. There is the cone of fire, and the actual range limitations on the weapon.

And yes, the thumper is plenty useful Not so much in a stand up fight, but it makes for a great squad weapon. Lob in a few napalm nades to set the room on fire, then send everyone else in to clean up ^_^
Old 2003-04-11, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

I don't play firearms... Like how much slower is the gauss compared to a punisher/suppressor/punisher, noticably so or not?
Old 2003-04-11, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

btw I was at that battle on the last screens as well, one of those prowlers is probably me

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-04-11, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Vash
Staff Sergeant

I'm not really sure on any of these, since I'm still pretty much a beta noob, so if another tester knows otherwise, please correct me

I believe the gauss and punisher have fairly similar rates of fire. The punisher might be faster than the gauss, but not by much. I dont think it does as much damage per shot, nor is it as accurate when firing full-auto, but then it has the grenade launcher for extra damage...

The suppressor fires pretty darn fast compared to the gauss. The few times I've been stuck with it, I've found myself emptying my clip without realizing it heh. It's not terribly powerful.. I'm *guessing* it takes 15-18 rounds to kill reinforced armor, but it's quite accurate at medium ranges.

Not sure what to say about the pulsar, as I've used it exactly once
It doesnt seem as accurate as the gauss, but carries 10 more rounds per clip. Maybe 12-14 shots to drop a reinforced armor?
It's ROF falls between the cycler and gauss.
I also think it sucks up 2 'charges' per shot when in AP mode.

As for maxes, I have no idea...
I believe the TR max has more armor than the VS, but they can both take a serious pounding from the rifles.
Your best option is to hit em at extreme range with phoenix missiles (going to guess 4-6 shots), or get em point-blank with an AP-loaded shotgun.

Again, if another tester has more/better info, pleeease correct
me. I hate to post false info hehe

edit: forgot a couple things...

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.

Last edited by Vash; 2003-04-11 at 08:23 PM.
Old 2003-04-11, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Led

MAXes take three phoenix rockets
Old 2003-04-11, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

yeah... i was asking about the bolt driver earlier. Do you know how much health a reinforced takes from a bolt driver?
I know from the 100 mb fileplanet video that an agile armor loses 75 hp from 1 bolt driver shot.
Also, how common are snipers? I mean even if you don't come across snipers that often, every once in awhile will annoy you getting killed in 1-2 shots depending on how low your health is. I'd think that having atleast 2 guys with boltdrivers in your squad would be neccessary when wandering around outdoors or in a convoy traveling to an enemy base.

And heres a question thats completely off topic, what if your squad isnt online? I'm guessing, alot of the time your squad won't be on that much, do you just make a squad from whoevers on in your entire outfit? Also, how can you tell when someone in your outfit is online? Is there a buddy list or something where you can contact them, ask where they are and then hart drop near the squad?
And is it ourageous to just go to your sanctuary every time you respawn and just join a squad of pps you dont know and take their galaxy to a large attack?

And another random question, i keep hearing this option of "instant action", is it a button you can press or something in your sanctuary that will instantly drop you into a large battle or something or the edge of your sphere of influence?
Old 2003-04-11, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Vash
Staff Sergeant

It takes 2 shots to drop someone in reinforced armor with a bolt driver. I think each shot takes away 66 health, so even if you use a medkit immidiately after you've been shot, the 2nd one will still get you since medkits only restore 25hp.

As far as how often you run into them, I havent played long enough to really get a feel for it.
I know sometimes you'll attack a base with half a dozen of em up on a wall, and sometimes it seems like there isnt one on the entire continent. <shrug>

Squad-wise, it's not hard to find a group to play with. There always seem to be groups getting ready in the sanctuary, galaxy included

There's a nifty little window that shows the roster for your entire outfit. It shows, of course, name, rank, points, and when they were last on (shows "ONLINE" if.. *gasp* they're online)

I'm not sure of the mechanics of instant action yet. It drops you in 'instant action hotspots' but I have no idea how they work
I *think* it can also be used anywhere, but I'm not real sure.

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
Old 2003-04-11, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Led

One bolt driver round will knock a reinforced armor person to 25 health. Really fricking annoying. And there are SO DAMN MANY. Trick is though, to fight with your brains, not your balls. I already have a headstart there

You can easily get pickup groups, just /broadcast in a friendly SOI like the sanctuary "LFG (insert what you can do here)" and viola.

You can see who is online in your outfit by pushing the outfit button, and a list pops up of everyone in it, and anyone online has a nice ONLINE tag

Instant action will respawn you at a random hotspot somewhere on the world. Totally random though, but it is neat for some... instant action
Old 2003-04-11, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Vash
Staff Sergeant

I'm pretty sure being sniped in reinforced drops you to 34 health. Of course it's quite possible that I'm wrong, but that number really sticks in my mind :/

Another note on Instant Action...
I was trying it late last night, and it kept dropping me in this tower on Ishundar, despite hotspots all over Ceryshen and Solsar.
Beats me

Old 2003-04-11, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Looks like i'm going to be a reinforced nc with a gauss and a bolt driver. Though I love blowing up vehicles in halo, i don't think i can trust a team mate to take out a sniper who's fucking with me. That's just me, I don't want to suddenly get shot to 25 hp, and have no means of taking his ass down. I'll just have to rely on my team mates for taking out tanks and reavers.

Oh, how many phoenix shots does it take down a tank? (prowler or magrider)?
Old 2003-04-11, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Led

Lots.
Old 2003-04-11, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Vash
Staff Sergeant

Lots.
Indeed

Though I think it takes 3 to kill a lightning hehe
I know it takes 2 decimators to kill a lightning!

Old 2003-04-11, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I love you led...
Old 2003-04-11, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

2 decimator shots to kill a lightning? Can't decimators only have 1 rocket before disposing them? Geeze, 2 av weapons just to take down 1 lightning, that's sad.

Also, anyone know if gauss is over powered? People at the official forums were saying that it should be nerfed because the damage is too high.
People were also saying phoenix missiles do too much damage compared to striker/lancer.
Old 2003-04-11, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Led

A decimator has only three rockets. It gets tossed after use. It aint that accurate, it is totally dumbfire... but it makes for great antiMAX weaponry indoors. Two deci rockets = dead MAX.

The phoenix is most definetly not overpowered. In the time it takes me to guide one rocket to a target, a striker or lancer could have fired three or even four times. The phoenix follows the NCs ideals of fewer, but more accurate and harder hitting shots.

Yes, the gauss rifle is the end all of long range weaponry, although a bolt driver outranges it. However, indoors, you are at a severe disadvantage in a close fight. And seeing as how most of the fighting is inside bases...

One would say the terran chaingun is overpowered. Indoors it is THE uberweapon. It can even destroy tanks and shred MAXes at an insane rate of speed.

But in the end. all weapons are balanced to each other rather well. NC rocks the house outdoors at long ranges, while both terran specific weapons rule the indoor game. Vanu are somewhere in the middle.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion