close quarter combat!!! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pictures of the day now come with extra MSG!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-04, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
cujoman39
Sergeant

close quarter combat!!!

Who else thinks that indoor fighting will suck if there are no head shots? I mean seriously accuracy is not a question in a small hallway and the winner is the person who has the biggest gun or most life( because that sucks)

Tell me if this has been answered already!
Old 2003-02-04, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sigurd
Corporal

Umm, in CQB style fighting headshots are only a factor of luck, and the winner usually Is the man with the biggest and best gun.
Old 2003-02-04, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
cujoman39
Sergeant

thats not true pistols and submachine guns are used in close quarter combat rather than assult rifles becouse of there abilty tohit a target accuratly and quickly head shots are a must against armored targets

plus if it come down to the person with the best gun and most life attackers wont stand a chance in hell
Old 2003-02-04, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sigurd
Corporal

Actually sub machine guns are used because of their higher rate of fire. The accuracy of a sub machine gun is similar to that of an assault rifle at close range, however when your out in the field and the distances are longer, the rifle still has the range and accuracy whereas the sub machine gun loses its accuracy beyond 100m or so. And lights will have to be quick to survive against a heavy in CQB fighting.
Old 2003-02-04, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bighoss
General

this is where the shot guns come into play spray shot at close quarters will be nice
Old 2003-02-04, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Snake13
Private

actually submachineguns are used because they are more compact and manuevrable, and have lower recoil.

Also pistol cartridges have more short range stopping power then rifles because pistol rounds are much larger

Btw Special Forces personal (the ones that you say use SMGs so they can headshot people) are trained to aim for the center of your chest
Old 2003-02-04, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
cujoman39
Sergeant

not only that but submachine guns are used because they have shorter barrels making them less combersome and allows you to shot the target faster.
Old 2003-02-04, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sigurd
Corporal

I stand corrected, however pistol ammo doesnt do more damage cause its bigger, its cause once it hits you it has a slower velocity so floats around inside you and does more damage as the bullet expands. Whereas rifle bullets have a much higher velocity and at close ranges pass right through you without doing a lot of internal damage.
Old 2003-02-04, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
cujoman39
Sergeant

Thats true but any bullet would knock some unarmored target on there ass 9mm or 5.56mm

It would be sweet if they had many types of pistols especally .357 and .44 calaber bullets and the biggest badass of all time the desert eagle 50. cal. baby!!!!
Old 2003-02-04, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Ok, you people need to read a few books on the subject.

CQB can be fought with anything. I myself play airsoft (plastic bb's shot from stupidly realistic weapons). I can tell you from experience that the gun does not matter, its all accuracy and reflexes. Ask anyone i play with, just becuase i have a pump shotgun(bennelli M3 super 90, aka jesus) doesent mean im ever out gunned. I have fast reflexes and close to all my kills are upperchest or headshots. Which is funny, becuase of the welts.

"pistol ammo doesnt do more damage cause its bigger, its cause once it hits you it has a slower velocity so floats around inside you and does more damage as the bullet expands. Whereas rifle bullets have a much higher velocity and at close ranges pass right through you without doing a lot of internal damage."

Completly untrue. While it is more likely for the pistol bullet to remain inside the body, it is not true that rifles do less internal damage. Rifle bullets, do to their high velocity, leave the body with a shockwave effect. This effect has been powerful enough to liquify organs. Im not making this up, this comes from The Ultimate Sniper, a sniper train manual a friend of mine has. This has detailed statistics of bullets, rifles, and also photos of bullet trails through mock flesh (cold gelitain). The pictures of the high calibar bullets are amazing, as you can see where the bullet travles, splits, and where the shockwave hits.

"Btw Special Forces personal (the ones that you say use SMGs so they can headshot people) are trained to aim for the center of your chest"

They aim for the center of the chest for one reason. It HURTS. Even armored, a bullet has so much momentum it will take you off your feet, and knock the wind out of you. Someone who cant breath wont be shooting back.
Old 2003-02-04, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Bighoss
General

I still think your all forgetting about the shotgun. That will be THE close quarter weapon
Old 2003-02-04, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sigurd
Corporal

I agree with what your saying, but high velocity weapons dont work well at close range. In korea the marines had .30 caliber rifles but the velocity was so high that it would take 4 or 5 shots to knock down the enemy at ranges from around 100-200m.
Old 2003-02-04, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Sigurd
Umm, in CQB style fighting headshots are only a factor of luck,
I disagree, it is mainly skill and a small amount luck.

If you are aiming at their head and you get a head shot it wasn't luck. If you were aiming at their body and you got a headshot it was luck.

The player who is better at aiming at an oppoinents head is statistically going to get more head shots, over time, than someone whos is less skilled at aiming for the head.

This is especially true for close quarters combat.

You can't tell me that there nothing wrong when a toe shot does as much damage as a head or chest shot.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.

Last edited by Lexington_Steele; 2003-02-04 at 07:28 PM.
Old 2003-02-04, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sigurd
Corporal

yeah i see ur point however if the game makes you loose accuracy if your getting shot than the man who can spray the most bullets on target will win most likely, but if not youll be right, happened in CS a lot.
Old 2003-02-04, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

We can argue real world ballistics all we want, but in a game world, I'll take a shotgun while walking around those corners, thank you very much.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion