close quarter combat!!! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sometimes I sniff my sisters panties.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-04, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
SpartonX
Corporal

i agree, the NC shotgun is the reason why i'm going NC since i plan to be doing mostly indoor/close quarters combat. i wouldn't want to be the one looking down the barrels of that gun
Old 2003-02-04, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sigurd
Corporal

Good call
Old 2003-02-04, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Boo on the shotgun. Give me an assault rifle and I'l be happy. I wonder how the Lasher works exactly and if it can hit people around corners.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-04, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Boo on the shotgun?? What is wrong with you?? I, too, used to hate the shotgun, but there's nothing quite like coming around a corner and shooting someone in the face with a shotty. (btw - my standard weapon of choice is the mp5 in SoF2)

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-02-04, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Raganork
Private

I agree with you guys, the Jackhammer will be the king of weapons indoors, Until a NC Scattercanon MAX walks around the corner...
Old 2003-02-04, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by {BOHICA}mistled
Boo on the shotgun?? What is wrong with you?? I, too, used to hate the shotgun, but there's nothing quite like coming around a corner and shooting someone in the face with a shotty. (btw - my standard weapon of choice is the mp5 in SoF2)
You should stick with the MP5 mentality. I repeat, boo on the shotgun.

Old 2003-02-04, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sputty
Banned

The Mini-Chaingun will clear the halls though. That'd be one hard attack. And there's so much ammo they can jsut go crazy. BTW, indoor combat will probably be either stealthy and crouched, or a failure. I think good attacks will be slow stealthy-ish ones where popel just crouch up and shoot iwth the surprise and added accuracy from crouch they would almsot always win unless their gun sucked or armor was awful
Old 2003-02-04, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Raganork
I agree with you guys, the Jackhammer will be the king of weapons indoors, Until a NC Scattercanon MAX walks around the corner...
I think the pulsar will be nice indoors with its extra low recoil. It will be nice and easy to just hold down the fire buttong while the guy with the shotgun is busy reloading.

Old 2003-02-04, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Why allot of pistols have stopping power: Most police/army pistols use hollow point rounds for the reason that
1) they have way more stoping power then your standard copper jacketed round, and
2) Hollow point rounds are spent even after going though dry wall, meaning if your a cop and your in a populated building after a criminal, and you miss him when you fire, your round does not go though and kill the kid on the other side of the wall.

Just fyi, unless your wearing body armor, your not going to get knocked on your ass by any bullet, a shotgun maybe, but a pistol/rifle/smg will not blow you back, but it might out a new sun light in your back.

If you want stoping power with a rifle, use NATO rounds, they go crazy when they hit someone, better if they hit bone, but like hollow point rounds they are near useless against armor, if you want penatration, get jacketed rounds or use a magnum, and against kevlar use teflon coated rounds (yes, the same teflon that makes your pans not sticky and your nails shinny can make your bullets punch though body armor like it wasnt there! Flackjacket? Kevlar? Riot Suit (full kevlar with more metal plates)? goes though it like it was a hot knife though butter)

Slugs from a 12 or 8 gauge shotgun would also mess someone up I suppose, but I can not be sure as i am not a shogun person

As for where the special forces aim, as do cops and most people in the military, its two to the chest, and when they stop moving, one to the head to keep em down. This is because the chest is big with lots of vital organs, and its easy to hit, The head, on the other hand, is hard to hit.
Old 2003-02-04, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
SpartonX
Corporal

i think it's safe to say all empires are equal, but NC is more equal when it comes to close quarters combat
Old 2003-02-04, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
SpartonX
Corporal

tobias

Tobias, no offense, but i hate it when someone compares a game to real life, especially what ur talking about, just had to say that, oh ya, venu suck
Old 2003-02-04, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

The PS shotguns will be a ton more useful than shotguns in most FPS games. Why? Realistic spread.

Most games exagertate the pellet spread on shotgun in order to balance them at medium range. PS however will use a realistic spread in order to balance the shotgun's use at medium range. These shottys had the spread that most FPSs give them they would be just about compleatly useless outdoors. Neither the chaingun nor the lasher suffer from the kind of penelty given to the CS shotgun.

Besides, you need a couple certs to the the heavy assault weapons anyways, why should they be crapy at medium range?
Old 2003-02-04, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Kyonye
Contributor
General

the way i see it, the best man/woman will win.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-02-04, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Flameseeker
Captain

I have a friend, that is God at medal of honor. He creams me. I will have a BAR, he has a bazooka. He exhausts his bazooka ammo by killing me with 1-2 rounds for each kill. He then exhausts his grenades getting a kill for every 1-4 used. HE THEN HEADSHOTS ME WITH PISTOLS BY JUMPING ON MY HEAD WHILE I AM SHOOTING AT HIM WITH MY BAR. I am really not that bad at MoH, I was better than random people on Gamespy. Most of them were snipers that hid behind sandbags and fired, then ran into a corner and waited for someone to pop out again. The ones that used grenades, SMGs, and shotguns effectively did better. It's skill, not gun size. Browning Automatic Rifle vs Colt 22 Pistol? The pistol won 3/4 times. That's why I don't play with that friend much anymore. This is me: , this is what he does to me:
Old 2003-02-04, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

NOONE has pointed out the obvious fact that the MAG Cutter is going to own your asses in close combat I mean here we go on this crazy debate about how this shell size creates a velocity factor that maximizes damage when in close environments, also stating that the bullet will not be effected by extraneous air molecules that could divert the original course of the projectile's path.

Last edited by Fire_Monkey; 2003-02-04 at 09:15 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion