Infantry game play style - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I am not a crook.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

View Poll Results: What is your favorite strictly pvp fps style (no vehicles)
Battlefield 3 15 34.88%
Call of Duty 2 4.65%
Halo 4 9.30%
Other 22 51.16%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-03, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Quad
Private

Re: Infantry game play style

My favorite would be a mod for battlefield 2 called project reality. When you find a good squad the game is pretty awesome and pretty immersive
Old 2012-07-13, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
shadar
Private

Originally Posted by MacXXcaM View Post
I'd pick Red Orchestra 2. But Battlefield 3 is ok, too

CoD and Halo is too fast and easy to be fun for multiplayer, imo. It'll always be some run&gunning instead of team-based firefighting.
CoD is to fast!!!!!! WTF are you talking about dude to easy yes TTK to fast yes but fast gameplay i dont think any of them not even CoD 4 had fast gameplay deffently not the latter ones to console based. Dont even talk about fast gameplay untill you try Quake and Tribes of which halo is just a console knock of of.

In terms of favortie gameplay i'd say ether quake or tribes for the old school couldnt tell you which i prefer and for the bullet moderen or slightly futurist guns id have to say conterstrike planetside 1 dont qulify due to lack of dirrectional damage
Old 2012-07-21, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

The only no-vehicle infantry FPS game that I thought was fun is Quake CTF, Mega-TF, and Custom-TF.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Accuser
Sergeant Major

I voted for BF3 because it's the best atm (hardcore mode that is, FF=ON is a requirement damn it). However:
Goldeneye/Perfect Dark - I loved the pace of the game, but default player health was too high
BF2142 - The TTK was a about right and seems like PS2 will be similar. Low recoil makes me happy
Project Reality - This is the perfect example of tactical, teamwork-oriented low TTK game. But the lack of respawn made it unplayable for me.
BF:BC2 - limited 3d spotting, REAL concealment in a ghillie suit, perfect TTK on hardcore mode (lower than normal BF3 and higher than hardcore BF3)
CoD - f*ck CoD The TTK is acceptable, if a bit low... but the pace is WAY too fast (player movement, respawn, circle-jerk killstreaks).
Old 2012-07-23, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

Wow i'm amazed nobody picked cs, must be a dying breed. Cs is definately the most challenging fps i have ever played from pure learning aspect, there are no lame weapon combo's and everybody is on the same playing field it is merely who is superior to who. When cs finally clicks you are basically an unstoppable force especially in the higher tiers of competition. I have played Red Orchestra 2 though its not conventional i do somewhat like the mechanics and I would put it up top for simulation style shooters.
Old 2012-07-26, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Perfect Dark! haha for real though.
Old 2012-08-01, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
eatfingers
Private

Am I the only one who hates the BF2 infantry gameplay? It feels just messed up and buggy in my opinion...
I really like the BF3 infantry gameplay though, but the suppression effect + awful hit-detection are killing the fun.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion