TR: Come back from a 2v1 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Terran Cyclers cheap. Only dropped once and never fired.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-12, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Arovien
First Sergeant

TR: Come back from a 2v1

We all know Esamir is NC land. No competition, no question.
Lets take a look at Indar at about 1:18PM PDT. For the past 2 hours, the map has looked basically the same.

Damn, the NC are so beast when they have been farming auraxium on Esamir for the past week. Now, top that with a Vanu alliance.

TR, please get your shit together. We gotta come back from this 400TR vs 1200 NC/VS. Besides, Aux=/= power. So what if the VS and NC have skyguards,AP on tanks, lock-on rockets, and Libs with Zephers.
Old 2012-10-12, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: TR: Come back from a 2v1

Honestly, the broken resource system caused this. They should be wiping before they put Auraxium in as an "experience" rather than earned over time but they have no plans to.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-10-12, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Arovien
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Honestly, the broken resource system caused this. They should be wiping before they put Auraxium in as an "experience" rather than earned over time but they have no plans to.

News to me. I cant even believe this. Something so revolutionary to the way the game will flow and yet no wipes.
I am starting to believe someone in SOE is sabotaging PS2. Only logical explanation.
Man, we really need Captain Hindsight's help!
Old 2012-10-12, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

Smed tweeted it at me a bit ago.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-10-12, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Roidster
Staff Sergeant

its really getting bad

and when i play TR,i hate Northern Indar,there is no cover,and when your reduced to being a infantry faction only,because of no resources,and makes it twice as hard to get out
Old 2012-10-12, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Hm. I just logged off from the EU server, and TR was about to kick some serious butt on esamir, pushing nc back towards their gate further and further.

Not wiping before fundamentally changing the resource system sounds incredibly foolish though, they should reconsider that imo.
Old 2012-10-13, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
fly
Private

I LOVE NC
Old 2012-10-13, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Canaris
Contributor
General

bad choice is bad, I hate to say it but if the shoe was on the other foot for the NC, I'm sure there would have been a wipe.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-10-13, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sheppe
Private

I'd like to know why at approx 20:00gmt Esamir was reset

bearing in mind TR owned just about all of the cont and had for less than 24 hours, and there was frequent NC trying to push out, and a long running back and forth skirmish with infantry and tanks by the VS trying to escape their gate.

Why did it happen?

NC have gone nearly a week owning the whole cont and there has been no mysterious reset.
Old 2012-10-13, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
SpottyGekko
Sergeant

I guess part of the problem is that those people who "jumped ship" from TR to NC/VS to take advantage of the AUX earning rates early on, are now stuck in those factions with their nice AUX-bought toys

So TR will struggle to get the numbers, and will often be facing better equipped opponents. It's a grand challenge, but as time passes that equipment gap will close more and more.
Old 2012-10-14, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Kopikatsu
Private

Oh hey, it's the server that I was on.

Yeaaaah, that sucked. We did manage to somehow scavenge enough resources for an armor column, which let us take most of the north-west until NC caught on and nuked the armor from the air. The survivors took refuse in a nearby outpost and held out long enough for another column of reinforcements to arrive, so then they all went to a major base. 'Course, then they were all annihilated by aircraft again, and devoting that many men to a single push ended with the supply line getting cut and TR losing all of the territory they'd gained and then some. In addition to almost nobody having any more resources due to having no territory + being completely annihilated multiple times.

Just seems like there isn't any coming back from that.

Last edited by Kopikatsu; 2012-10-14 at 12:53 AM.
Old 2012-10-14, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

There isn't an NC VS alliance. The map works out that way to drive people north.

Here's a shoddy map with some markings on it.

The green lines show the natural barriers between E and W. The red circle is the black hole of the crown while the blue are the minor choke points outside the crown. Before we move on, note also that the fight north is a fight down hill. Anyway, the split in the middle is a much more effective barrier than the E/W range. There are several ways that tanks can traverse the north south gap relatively safely as besides the crown there is no facility that bars their way. The E/W barrier has fewer ways and each of them leads into incredibly hard to break facilities. Tawrich's northern pass leads right into the gunsights of a tower. It's path to the west is a narrow mountain crawl up to land that has tons of infantry cover. Both of these pushes are uphill. In the north the crater is the only way for a force from the East to push West or vice versa. Unless you want to go through the crown that is. No sane person tries to push through the crown unless you have an overwhelming advantage in numbers. And then pushing into either Alatum or Zurvan directly after is no small feat. The easier path that actually gives rewards is to push north.

What would I do to fix this? Remove the Crown.
It is by far the largest coke point and dominates movement around the map.
Old 2012-10-14, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
EVILoHOMER
Major

Has nothing to do with resources, SOE has made them so easy to get now you always have 750 if you're actually playing and vehicles are so cheap too now.

It's just the way the island is designed and position of the warpgates.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion