Planetside 24-7 a community based idea. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Heh, n00b, hacks are bad. Don't be a hacker!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-01-04, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Planetside 24-7 a community based idea.

Thanks Xyntech! Your wise words sooth me

Ok folks thanks for the feedback and comments but I need to stay focused on getting the initial idea up and running before we can look into other things and so much needs to be tested/done before I'm happy to say we have something good.

So guys and girls I really want this to be a community driven idea, so I am asking for your help with streaming and viewing Planetside 247. The idea is here and although you may not fully understand it I have a good idea how it will all work and fit together. So this is why I need a group of people to help with some testing. It doesn't matter if you can stream or not but it will be a a big help if you can. We need people to go and follow the PS 247 channels on TwitchTV, create accounts if you have to, but we also need feedback on videos.

I would also like the people who are willing to hep to get logged in on my site www.TeamStarz.net, there is far to much information that will be going into 247 to post here on the PSU forums. I already made a big mess here and it will get worse if I drag the whole project here to. So to keep these forums clean and tidy please log into my spare site for info on how you can be helping with this project. If you want to send me a PM here and I will create you an account that is fine, but please log in and check for updates. However you can still use this thread and I will check it daily. But I am limited to what I can do here.

The basics http://www.teamstarz.net/showthread....sics-of-PS-247

Morto,
Old 2012-01-04, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
I could write a vb app for this with any embedded freeware video recording software, and compress it at the same time. Might be a little laggy though,
Or.................................. You could download XSplit, get a mic, download PS and start streaming with me, Core, GTGD, Favion to name but a few

Remember folks we are using Planetside 1 as a test piece for PS 247.

Also requests...?

Just throw some idea my way here about what videos you would like to see in PS1, I know its old but anything and we will see if we can deliver. Keep them short but snappy!
Old 2012-01-04, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Shogun
Contributor
General

i´m not subbed in ps1 any more, so i cannot take part.

what i would like to see in videos is a little hard to obtain nowadays :-(

i would like to see big formations of identical vehicles, or combined attack forces rolling and breaking up for epic battle. but i suppose the times where this could happen in ps1 are long gone.

what could still be possible is coordinated specops action! like phantasm cloakdropping and disabling the vital base functions before the enemy knows what is happening. with all the evil tactics like cloakdropping in, sneak into tubes and hack out maxes to kill the tubes, filling the genroom with boomers and jammer the gen to hell (if that still works)
putting hacks on the turrets and all that stuff.
there are plenty of movies where people just shoot others, i just think ps247 should show more of the stuff you don´t typically find on youtube.
Old 2012-01-04, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Good point I'm on it and thanks for the input Shogun.
Old 2012-01-04, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Shogun
Contributor
General

maybe even try to show some tactics that were rarely used!

like refilling low ntu bases with bfr energy siphons, dropping the bfrs in with loadstars.

or some nice support trailers! show how a team of engineers efficiently CEs a tower or a base. if you get enemys to cooperate in your filming make them enter the base shortly after you are ready to show how effective good CE is ;-)
Old 2012-01-05, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

I'd be happy to help out with the programming Morto, My commentary isn't bad and I should be able to stream it in HD without too many problems in it's full glory.

Can't wait to have PS2 as an excuse to drop a couple on a pair of new GPU's XD

You could also do things like outfit programming and the like as well, someone to cover raids, that kind of thing.

I must admit, it's fin watching people play SC2, but i've never been that into watching people stream an FPS, just not enough going on in my mind. But you never know until you try, and as a fellow Vanu i'd be happy to help!

Last edited by RedKnights; 2012-01-05 at 09:34 PM.
Old 2012-01-06, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
TheBladeRoden
Contributor
First Sergeant

Got a few videos on my stream. But for some reason they flicker like hell
http://www.twitch.tv/thebladeroden/
Old 2012-01-06, 05:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Graywolves
General

tl;dr

But I plan to stream once I get my new computer running
Old 2012-01-06, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Atuday
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
This is a great idea! Never underestimate how much people enjoy watching other players do something amazing. Streaming is becoming more and more popular these days and we look forward to seeing what you come up with.
I am hoping more for fully integrated high quality voice communications in game. Planetside has voice but it is unreliable, hard to use, and poor quality. What kind of in game voice can we look forward too in the new game? Is it just going to be emotes? Something to pay for? Something for outfits to unlock? Some details on this would be very nice to have.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Crator
Major General

Higby said they are using built in Vivox chat for in-game VoIP solution. See What coms will we all be using in PS2? (ie TeamSpeak)
Old 2012-01-07, 04:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
NCLynx
Major

Just recently finished building my new setup. I've streamed things before to friends and thought it was pretty fun. I doubt I'll be streaming any current Planetside, Planetside 2 is a definite yes.

Morto PM if there's anything I can help with in the mean time I guess.
Old 2012-01-07, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Hey Morto, great to see this idea of yours get some serious work done on it. Really hope this takes off. If you want my "Why I Should Have Been Banned" videos for filler I'll gladly give you a copy. As for providing new content for you I'm currently working on a project that I want to finish before committing to anything new. After that's done I wouldn't mind putting together maybe a weekly video for 24/7. Fair warning though, it will probably be strange.
Old 2012-01-07, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
Hey Morto, great to see this idea of yours get some serious work done on it. Really hope this takes off. If you want my "Why I Should Have Been Banned" videos for filler I'll gladly give you a copy. As for providing new content for you I'm currently working on a project that I want to finish before committing to anything new. After that's done I wouldn't mind putting together maybe a weekly video for 24/7. Fair warning though, it will probably be strange.
Cheers dude, I would love to have your content on the channel whatever/how crazy it may be

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2012-01-08 at 09:03 AM.
Old 2012-01-07, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

This really you Mr Higby? Or just somebody taking the piss?

If it is you, thanks for the visit I best get the site and all its bits in good order!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	higby.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	250  

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2012-01-07 at 06:44 PM.
Old 2012-01-08, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Folks ive put together a video showing how I think PS 247 will work = http://www.teamstarz.net/content.php...-247-will-work

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2012-01-08 at 03:04 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion