El Jacko Hammero - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: didn't you go out with my sister?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-09, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Substitute controversy for bitchin. Didn't mean to make it sound like the JH doesn't deserve all this attention, it does, and so do a hell of alot of other things in this game.
Old 2004-02-09, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
TheN00b
Colonel

Jackel, by saying that the KCR uses kinetic energy, which is certainly not high-tech, I'm pointing out that the KCR would hardly require uber-advanced technology. As for your opinion that Lasher=Mini-Chaingun=Jackhammer at close range, I couldn't disagree more. At close range, all it takes is 1-2 Trip-Shots, and you're gone. Surge is icing on the cake.
Old 2004-02-10, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
shaizan
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by SpunkJakel
...with a NC Jack user and think " OMFG, I'm dead why even try..."

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
You know I've said that to myself a few times,
Getting killed by Jackhammers repeatedly really really annoys me, I have no rational explaination (If anyone does, please tell me), and what's more bizarre is that don't get worked up the same if i keep dying by MCG or Lasher.

Thing is thought, that trail of thought you said, eventually changes to: "ARRGGGHHH! I'm going to keep trying & trying until I killed at leased one! ONE! Those *�):{L>*^&%$!!!!!1111ONE"

I know the feeling. Getting instantly killed repeatedly with a feeling of little to no recourse is no fun at all. In the past I have logged off if I see the NC are coming rather than just get frustrated for the next hour and then log off. Onizuka is right, it's just not the same as if I'm...say gunned down by an MCG or a Lasher. I'm not an advocate of removing HA from the game, but I do think it could be reworked. I've heard and liked the idea of a 'Heavy Gauss Rifle' of some type, and that sounds workable.

However, the Jackhammer fits the NC Mantra, and as such it's likely here to stay. It will still be the unholy king of exceedingly close quarters combat even after the thriple shot ablity reload issue is addressed. I hope it is enough of a fix to help make the thing something I can at least deal with.

Last edited by shaizan; 2004-02-10 at 12:25 AM.
Old 2004-02-10, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
prbountyhunter
Private

I really don't understand what the big problem with the jackhammer is. We can pretty much only use it effectively when we're indoors. I personaly only use the tripleshot when i'm defending something or killing afk'ers. I see just as many kills with the jackammer, as i do with the minichaingun, and the lasher. I also get owned by them all too.
Old 2004-02-10, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
KIAsan
First Sergeant

The only problem left with the JH is the delay between single and triple shot. That's going to be fixed. Most of the other complaints deal with surgile warp (which is an entirely different subject). If your one to complain about how it's too overpowered, then how about showing us some fact based arguments. What is the TTK of JH vs MCG vs Lasher? If you think the reload time of the triple shot is too fast, then please explain how fast it is in seconds now, and how slow it should be? For example, how fast is it to reload one barrel? Then multiple by 3 barrels and compare it to current reload rates. These are the kind of facts that the devs look at when they call it balanced. If you can show it's unbalanced by use of objective fact, then you might make some believers out of us. Also, that would go a long way toward convincing the devs to consider any changes.

I am truely curious if anyone has any facts like this supporting the claim that the JH is overpowered.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-02-10, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by prbountyhunter
I really don't understand what the big problem with the jackhammer is. We can pretty much only use it effectively when we're indoors. I personaly only use the tripleshot when i'm defending something or killing afk'ers. I see just as many kills with the jackammer, as i do with the minichaingun, and the lasher. I also get owned by them all too.
Indoors = bases and towers, the most important places in the game. That's what the big problem is.
Old 2004-02-10, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
curved
Private

Just to get the facts straight, it takes 3 shots to kill an agile with the JH, 4 shots on a rexo if every single pellet hits, and 5 shots if you miss with just one pellet. I play NC, and ill be the first to say that killing someone before they have a chance is just like having a one shot kill weapon, which would make it one of a kind in the game.

However unbalanced the thing is at point blank, I think that the fact that it really gets chewed up outdoors balances it a little (unless used by a surgile). Maybe a good idea if you took out the tripple shot would be to tighten the pellet spread. I have the JH in nearly all of my loadouts, and I would be perfectly happy if that was done. As it is, I feel like im cheating when I use the thing in its proper place (though I continue to use it).
Old 2004-02-10, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by curved
Just to get the facts straight, it takes 3 shots to kill an agile with the JH, 4 shots on a rexo if every single pellet hits, and 5 shots if you miss with just one pellet.
Actually, it's 2 shots for an agile, and 3 for a rexo, if all pellets hit. I tested this after the rexo buff. But I guarantee you 99% of your JH shots don't land all pellets.
Old 2004-02-10, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Not only that, but if your prey is even slightly wounded, it could be an insta-kill.

Heavy Assult may be balanced, but then again it may not be. One thing is for sure, save a measly four certs and you, too, can be master of your local corridor/CC room/spawn room.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-11, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
prbountyhunter
Private

Originally Posted by Warborn
Indoors = bases and towers, the most important places in the game. That's what the big problem is.
Yeah, but we still have to fight our way across the from the tower/ams under a constant stream of bullets or lashes, with only MA, No MCG cover fire, or vanu maxes to jump up on the walls.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~
Old 2004-02-11, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by TheN00b
KCR

Description: The MACE is a large rifle that is quite similiar to the Gauss in concept. It fires a small, tubular projectile that is magnetically accelerated to very high speeds. Rather than having any explosive force, the KCR's rounds rely solely on massive kinetic force to damage targets, hence the name. It is shaped much like the M-16 of today's military, and is the size of an ordinary rifle.

Specs:
RoF: 1 shot per .75 seconds (80 rounds per minute).
CoF: Moderately large while standing, very small when crouched.
Damage: 80
Ammunition Packs: These are the size of a normal packet, and carry 15 rounds, as does the gun itself when equipped from the EQ terminal.
Gun size: As mentioned above, the KCR takes up inventory space equal to all current HA weaponry.

Comments, questions, flames? Bring 'em on.
So you propose giving the NC a hardhitting weapon that needs 2 shots to kill someone in 0.75 (assuming no charge up time, the first shot is instant then the second comes .75 secunds after) seconds at a longer range. Hell if 2 guys hit the same guy hes dead in a second. No thanks, i'll take fighting the jackhammer over a faster fiering BoltDriver.

Why remove HA, nothing is keeping you from using MA inside. You can still be effective at the end of a hallway fiering your cycler up the corridor, or standing on the second floor inside the entrance of a dropship/interlink/etc base. I for one don't want a all MA and SA fight tho, i prefer having the option of using MA, HA or SA as i see fit.

I love the MCG, i love the ahnold feeling of it and you can have it when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.
Old 2004-02-11, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
Otherick
Sergeant Major

I say we take out Tri Shot, i mean why doesnt my lasher have "continued fire" then, I say we take it out so its balanced with the Laher and MCG. My 2 cents
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion