Station Fee for Outfit Creation - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: God wants you to give us all your money.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-25, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Station Fee for Outfit Creation

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I hope the chatting features cost money too. Make hate tells cost money!

Make bullets cost money.

Make it all cost money.
you maybe joking but its pretty standard to limit free play users use of chat. even in SOE games

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/free/

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-25, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Fuck that shit. That majorly oversteps the boundries of what is acceptable.

Originally Posted by Nemeses View Post
lol but its ok for you to nickel & dime?
If you can't tell, theres a reason that STO is going down the shitter. It isn't OK to nickle and dime people in any mmo.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-06-25, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) sells Guild Charters, and they are required to create a guild. There are, however, two main points for what DDO does.

1. You can earn (very, very slowly) their pay currency in game.

2. The Guild Charters are one of their cheapest items to buy.

Basically, with these two factors you can easily earn a Guild Charter in DDO without paying money and do so relatively quickly (at least that was my experience, they may have changed policies since).

I think it is also important to point out that due to the nature of the game (it is primarily co-op instanced play) guilds are somewhat less important than Outfits can be. Dungeon layouts and scripts don't change, and you don't need that many other players to have effective group play in comparison to the more sand-boxy style that Planetside has.

Planetside is all about having the communities choose where and how to engage each other, and certainly about having more than 2-5 players group up to run an instance. This makes large-scale organization more important, and, subsequently, allowing the formation of Outfits to be more important than forming a Guild in DDO (or, in my view WoW or TOR or Rift, etc.)

I think having as few barriers as possible to let people easily play with their friends, even if they and/or their friends don't wish to pay is important, and adds to the overall quality of the game experience for everyone. I think it's perfectly acceptable and indeed a very good thing to have a bunch of small outfits, even if they are later abandoned/merged with more established ones.

In this regard, I think WoW's method (in-game cost and requiring other player cooperation/co-founding) is a better model for PS2. At the very least, the means to form an outfit should be something you can at least eventually earn, if not necessarily as cheaply as WoW (by scale that is). For example, requiring a certification(s) first as a limiter... but I don't think even that is really necessary, so much as needing a small number of players to sign onto an outfit and co-found it to keep there from being 1-person Outfits.

Last edited by Flaropri; 2012-06-25 at 07:19 PM.
Old 2012-06-25, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
you maybe joking but its pretty standard to limit free play users use of chat. even in SOE games

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/free/
Old 2012-06-25, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah one time fee np's.

If it is a monthly fee then it should scale with the size of the outfit.
You want to run with 200 then pay more than the outfit with 30 etc.
Otherwise I see far less small specialized outfits forming, which probably suits the zergfits who will scoop up anyone.

And whats the big deal if a 12yr old creates an outfit or not, you have no issues if he/she pays for it but OMFG game breaking if they can do it for free.
Old 2012-06-25, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
Brusi
Contributor
Major

+1 for station cash fee for uploading custom outifit decals and perhaps even user decals?!

depending on technical viability.

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2

Last edited by Brusi; 2012-06-25 at 08:59 PM.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
TheApoc
Corporal

alliances should be added, that will make the many smalll corps i mean outfits very happy.. and alliances can be great for the war effort..

i got no issues with requiring a sub to create platoons/alliances

Last edited by TheApoc; 2012-06-25 at 10:47 PM.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I always hated how WoW did there guilds. It was almost as easy to make a guild as it was to make a group. Thing is guilds are long lasting and getting stuck in a small dead guild isnt any fun at all. This is why I think paying maybe twenty bucks would help insure at least in a small way that the person creating this guild isnt just doing it for shits and giggles. And really paying twenty bucks to be the leader of an online war machine in the hottest game around seems to be a pretty small price to pay.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
TheApoc
Corporal

i cant imagine eve removing alliances, i havnt played eve in a few months but that would be so very shitty for many players.

alliances are great for territory control..

Last edited by TheApoc; 2012-06-25 at 10:59 PM.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
EVE is removing alliances
No they aren't. You cannot possibly imagine the fallout of that. Remember Burn Jita or the Microtransactions Riots? That.. times a thousand. I really don't think anyone who even suggests that fully understands the ramifications of what an alliance actually is.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-06-25 at 11:05 PM.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
war machine
The check is in the mail.

Old 2012-06-25, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
Anderz
Master Sergeant

I don't agree with a fee, but perhaps set "Outfit Creation" as something you can only do at a particular rank? Not too high, but high enough that newly created troops can't create outfits on a whim.

Obviously, this will be a problem for serious clans and gamers just starting out in the game, so there could as be an alternative method: outfit applications.

This could be a basic web form that can be filled out by clan leaders showing proof of their leadership of an established clan/outfit, which they send in to be moderated. Do this prior to the release of the game, and serious outfits can ready to roll on day one, while those who didn't apply have to prove they're going to stick with the game for a few ranks before creating.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if I like this idea -- just adding to the discussion!
Old 2012-06-25, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
Bags
Lieutenant General

I always hated how WoW did there guilds. It was almost as easy to make a guild as it was to make a group. Thing is guilds are long lasting and getting stuck in a small dead guild isnt any fun at all. This is why I think paying maybe twenty bucks would help insure at least in a small way that the person creating this guild isnt just doing it for shits and giggles. And really paying twenty bucks to be the leader of an online war machine in the hottest game around seems to be a pretty small price to pay.
Who the cares if people make small shit guilds?
Old 2012-06-26, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #164
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Who the cares if people make small shit guilds?
Yea, if its shit...leave?

i don't see why you would be stuck in it.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-26, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #165
Stew
Major

Outfits are a value added item to planetside2. The game is free. Playing forever on their servers will be free. All the ingame communications are going to be free. If I want a cool camouflage should that be free too?
No cosmetics is one thing who do not affect the game and the playabilitie and the enjoyement of the game !

Cosmetics are supeficial but very atractive to many people

in a free to play model only a Fractions of the player based need to pay ...

To not allow players to create outfit its forcing them to joing the PAY TO CREATE outfit and it sucks for them

FREE players will be the major part of this comunity and playerbased and in order to get a good response from those players they must have at least the possibility to create their own outfit if they like to also having ascess to all weapons etc..

ONLY the vanity stuff few booster and bypass have to be on the pay to get side of this game !

This is the worst idea ive ever seen so far its a copy and past idea of the most idiotics «« pay to win /pay to do anything models »»

you cant claim to be a real free to play and not pay to win and denied the acess of essential feature

Firefall a freetoplay game will not charge a fee to create outfit they are free because creating a group is part of the core gameplay experience and it should be this way in planetside 2

all this crap is pure bullshit

The rigth to group up in a outfit with friend is a core elements and dont have to be submited to a fee or subscribtion model !

Vanity stuff iam all for it to be based on $$$ also booster $$ bypass for weapons and scopes and guns camo etc.. $$

but not anything thats can affect the gameplay wich outfit affect the game experience so

No NO No NO No NO

and i have enough money to buy your house

I want the player base to not suffer from all those crappy idea thats all
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion