[Poll]Reveal Cloakers When Attacking? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The reason "F5" is permanently imprinted on my index finger.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should Attacking Cloakers Be Revealed?
Yes 17 40.48%
No 25 59.52%
N3rf T3h L33t C!004k4r 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-04-05, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Former full time cloaker here... since the rexo buff, interlink's, AND my side arm being visible due to some bug I'm temp. retired.

The infls do need some loving. The amp is indeed a fine weapon and i dont mind the visablility, but when everyone and their mothers brothers uncles sisters daughter wears rexo, that amp just aint cuttin it.

Ive posted plenty of times on here before about the purpose of an infltrator, while they have no buisness rushing into a tower battle, they do have a purpose to kill not just "infiltrate". Working the sidelines and picking off straglers is a big part of an infils job and as it is now the game just makes that very difficult.

Granted, i took the rexo buff, interlink, and mis-balenced cloaking visability just as added chalenges, but when my side arm is visable plain as day to any joe shmoe, its just too much.
Old 2004-04-05, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by flypengy
Needs to be more of a penalty for darklight flickering.

Darklight is not really worth the slot. Use audioamp to figure out where they are... Only good use of darklight is to stop someone from boomering a spawn, and to find ams'
Flypengy gets the square. I still think that darklight should 'lock' on temporarily, draining 10-20 stamina before you are able to turn it on. There needs to be some sort of downside to using it, and the ability to flicker the implant is ridiculous. Make it so the implant locks on until 15 stamina ticks off, the person who uses the DL better hope there was a cloaker around or else they're all but blind to the rest of the people on the battlefield for a few seconds. Using DL would actually turn into a choice instead of a no-brainer.
I haven't used DL in months and I think the game is much improved without using it. I still kill other cloakers, but it's pretty difficult as more often than not I'm trying to knife them. With the number of spam weapons and plasma grenades out in the field if you're having troubles with the cloakers then you have issues that go far beyond them. Third person darklight use is crap, flickering is crap, and I think the cat and mouse involved when somebody doesn't have the implant is some of the best moments this game has to offer. Keep us from using guns and get rid of DL? I'd take that trade in a heartbeat, it would almost not impact my play at all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion