Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 26 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No helmet, no gun, no service.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-09, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #376
Revanmug
Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by fishirboy View Post
what language is that haha
french. It sounds soo awful. An abomination
Old 2012-06-09, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #377
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

MY FINAL POST ON THIS THREAD UNTIL BETA

Wait until beta, we will all agree then. We really just cant assume that it will hurt or better the game until then so both sides stop saying that it will, will, will, no one knows yet. so lets just play nice until then and the TR and NC can go die in a hole!!!
Old 2012-06-09, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #378
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Khrusky View Post
I support having prone in this game.

Much like one-shot-kills, it forces the player to think before they get into a fight (i.e. actual tactics), rather than making the game about simplistic motor skills.
What does prone have to do with thinking about tactics? I mean, if you consider camping a tactic...
Old 2012-06-09, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #379
mynameismud
Corporal

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I have a question this is your first post and your so deeply agains prone its the first tread you jump into ?

iam just curious ?
I speak from time to time, this isnt my first post, I just read more than I speak. I try not to say something less I feel I need to say it. Like I said I am not here to argue about a feature. I am just saying I wont play if it's in. I do not expect my leaving to change anything nor would I want it to, I am not selfish.

I just simply have no interest in this game if prone is in, and that is my right to think and talk about, just like I respect other people's right to voice their thoughts on them liking prone.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #380
Stardouser
Colonel

In many cases, what people call camping is simply defending a fixed point. Or if an attacking sniper is camping, it's called providing fire support for others who will rush in at the capture point. So if the camping haters had their way, no one would be allowed to stay in the same point? Or to put it another way, the person with the prepared defensive position is actually going to be disavantaged compared to the attacker? Really? Is this what people are arguing for? I'm sorry to say but this is not a deathmatch game where people should be upset about the guy on the other team with 20 kills and 3 deaths because he's sticking to prepared positions.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #381
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
What does prone have to do with thinking about tactics? I mean, if you consider camping a tactic...
Prone as nothing to do with camping people who camp will camp tand up in a tower will camp in a window with no prone will camp in a building will camp crouch in a room corner will camp anywhere with or whiout prone

prone do not make a camper like game prone give you more option to get a quick cover and allow you to get a terrain cover when ur outnumber by the ennemi and smartly find the way to take them out and use the terrai rocks hill crates etc... and also prone have its - while you prone u cant strafe u cant moove quickly u cant turn in a circle around your target ur a almost non mooving targer and its dangerous as well but for situational purpose its a good and viable option

Campers will be campers no matter whats are the game mechanics theyre is NO prone in team fortress or in planetside 1 and ive seen Legions of corners campers whindows campers rooftop campers in all those games

SO all this is so unfair and irrevelant !

Prone do not = camping
Old 2012-06-09, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #382
Revanmug
Sergeant

I don't care too much if prone is in or not but this quote is AWESOME

/facepalm...

You do realise most kind of defense or even attack IS camping? Are we back to the old retard mentality of : "Real men don't fight with advantages! They stand in front the enemy and eat what is thrown at them... Like men!"

Get another argument that doesn't invalidate most of the gameplay if you don't like prone.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #383
LPRaver
Private

I'm not sure if this has been said but after reading the first 12 pages my brain was starting to hurt.

Prone or no prone we have to be careful about saying well it should or shouldn't because it was in "that" game. We are not playing "that" game and bb trying to make every game the same we end up with these series that the core gamers hate. COD has lost a ton of support because it is the same thing over and over. Just because mechanics worked in one game doesn't mean it will work in another. There is sniping in Tribes and yet no crouch... works fine people move on.

Why dont we let Planetside 2 be Planetside 2 and enjoy it the way the developers meant for it to be enjoyed. They have a lot more to lose if the game isn't amazing than we do I think they are looking out for what is best for all gamers and not just a specific group.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #384
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Revanmug View Post
I don't care too much if prone is in or not but this quote is AWESOME

/facepalm...

You do realise most kind of defense or even attack IS camping? Are we back to the old retard mentality of : "Real men don't fight with advantages! They stand in front the enemy and eat what is thrown at them... Like men!"

Get another argument that doesn't invalidate most of the gameplay if you don't like prone.
Camping is why games are so damned boring. We actually want people to move around (right, GOD FORBID you have to get off your stomach) not just lie somewhere spamming people as they come into a door because they can't see him.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #385
Dairian
Sergeant

Prone is the last thing this game needs. MORE CAMPERS PLEASE!

I am sure they said they were going to a faster pace of game play.

Last edited by Dairian; 2012-06-09 at 10:23 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #386
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

It's called area denial. Perfectly valid tactic. Exactly the same as the mines that the engineer already has.

The tactics come from the fact that to counter it you have to think ahead rather than just rush blindly into open ground where an enemy can draw a bead on you.

Likewise, the tactics of the area denial is trying to get a spot which has exactly the right amount of sightlines. Too many and you're also a big target, too few and you're ineffective.

The main weakness of this is tunnel vision. As a player cannot effectively deny everything within sigh they have to pick one area, which they then must constantly focus on to effectively deny it.

There are numerous situation-specific ways to deal with people who are dug in. Prone doesn't change that.

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #387
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

If we have an effective and worthwhile crouch, I'm fine with no prone.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #388
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by LPRaver View Post
I'm not sure if this has been said but after reading the first 12 pages my brain was starting to hurt.

Prone or no prone we have to be careful about saying well it should or shouldn't because it was in "that" game. We are not playing "that" game and bb trying to make every game the same we end up with these series that the core gamers hate. COD has lost a ton of support because it is the same thing over and over. Just because mechanics worked in one game doesn't mean it will work in another. There is sniping in Tribes and yet no crouch... works fine people move on.

Why dont we let Planetside 2 be Planetside 2 and enjoy it the way the developers meant for it to be enjoyed. They have a lot more to lose if the game isn't amazing than we do I think they are looking out for what is best for all gamers and not just a specific group.
In fact if core ps1 gamers expect ps2 to be anywhere near planetside 1 they will hate the game

the concept is the same factions etc.. the scales is the same and even more like almost 10 time bigger the collor sheme are the same the open wold aspect and domination over territory goal is the same

But a lots of details have change the gameplay machanics is nowhere near ps1 and for the good the gameplay mechanics of ps1 was not thats good even for a 2003 game

The facts is planetside 2 will be bigger and better and will feature better game mechanics guns balistic to fit the new standard in modern fps and its a good thing if the (( core )) gamer do not like it they must have to stick on COD franchise this is the copy and past franchise whats you can expect from COD 4 cod5 cod6 cod7cod8 will all be the same same mechanics same controles same sounds same everythings almost

But i know many planetside 1 players arent some butthurt who want planetside2 to be a copy and past of ps1

in my opinion planetside 2 must keep a certain lever or (( arcade gameplay and fast pace combat )) but also must have great situational mechanics thats allow you to have more freedom of choice and have better suitable overall caracter moovements and mechanics

and i think prone could be one of them

ive play tons of game whiout prone and with prone but in a game like planetside when i look at the overall map i can see prone as a infantry could be really usefull not to camp but to protect uself temporary in some delicate situation thats you enconter in thats kind of game

planetside 2 isnt planetside 1 its the evolution of planetside !
Old 2012-06-09, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #389
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by Knightwyvern View Post
If we have an effective and worthwhile crouch, I'm fine with no prone.
^^^
They don't have prone in yet, the poll shows the majority do not want it. You can argue it all you want, but chances are slim that it will be implemented.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #390
TheInferno
Staff Sergeant

Yes, stew, you've said it multiple times before.

However, just as something being in Planetside doesn't mean it should be in Planetside 2, just because something is in multiple other shooters doesn't mean it needs to be in Planetside 2.

Honestly, I think most of the points have been debated to death, so I won't even bother voicing my opinion either way. Someone has probably said it better than I ever could, so I'll just stick my vote in the poll and be on my way. After all, I have to check for a beta invite.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion