News: The PlanetSide 2 on Playstation 4 MEGA THREAD - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PS to the U-hizzle!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-06-09, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: The PlanetSide 2 on Playstation 4 MEGA THREAD

Thing is, if ps4 is going to truly BE nextgen then they have to make this work on one kind of server. SMED LISTEN UP, this game doesnt need to be split between console and pc. This game needs to include console players with pc players. Do this right the first time for once.
Old 2013-06-09, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
If they don't branch then the PC version will suffer from a static hardware set. The developers will view the PS4 as the upper end specs so for the short term optimization will seem nice, but the game will age poorly.
Eh, I don't think it will age that poorly...

I mean, the Original Planetside looked dated even for when it was released, but it was only the limitations on the gun play mechanics that hinder it.
Old 2013-06-10, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
AThreatToYou
Major

I'm not at all worried about the PS4's hardware holding PlanetSide 2 back. The game has good enough visuals as it is; the real beauty is behind how the developers use the tools they have. Currently, I don't think they are using it very well... no enter/exit animations, animation bug introduced in GU09 not fixed, vanu soliders look like turds...
Old 2013-06-10, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Thing is, if ps4 is going to truly BE nextgen then they have to make this work on one kind of server. SMED LISTEN UP, this game doesnt need to be split between console and pc. This game needs to include console players with pc players. Do this right the first time for once.
This, please. For the sake of the most rabid and self-righteous fan base since the original Star Trek. Keep us together.
Old 2013-06-10, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Bags
Lieutenant General

here's to max 400 players or something ridiculous
Old 2013-06-10, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
This, please. For the sake of the most rabid and self-righteous fan base since the original Star Trek. Keep us together.
lol if you think the PS2 fans are rabid and self-righteous....

But, yes, sir. And all sirs. I would very much enjoy PS2 having integrated servers.
Old 2013-06-10, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Root Hade
Corporal

Why do people want cross play? Every (first person shooter) game thats done that goes south after console people get sick of getting wrecked by PC players. Or do you want to give consoles auto aim-assist to help them stay competitive?

Would seem like a lot of work to provide for the few PS4 players with keyboard and mouse.

Seriously. See how many PC players bloody quit the game after not knowing wtf was going on. Now imagine that but getting killed a hundred times more.

Last edited by Root Hade; 2013-06-10 at 05:50 AM.
Old 2013-06-10, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Maidere
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Root Hade View Post
Why do people want cross play? Every (first person shooter) game thats done that goes south after console people get sick of getting wrecked by PC players. Or do you want to give consoles auto aim-assist to help them stay competitive?

Would seem like a lot of work to provide for the few PS4 players with keyboard and mouse.

Seriously. See how many PC players bloody quit the game after not knowing wtf was going on. Now imagine that but getting killed a hundred times more.
people are so 1337, they want to pwn console n00bz no matter what. What just proves another that cross-platform thingy is not gonna happen.
Old 2013-06-10, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

It's not about farming consoleers. It's about having more people to shoot at.

Old 2013-06-10, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Weirdo

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
It's not about farming consoleers.
Yes it is..

Last edited by Weirdo; 2013-06-10 at 06:24 AM.
Old 2013-06-10, 06:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Its about more people. And the opportunity to say something like this ..."So youve been farmed at Allatum because of your gamepad. Buy the super hi tek elite Planetside 2 mouse and keyboard and get competitive. Get it now on sale for 69.96"
Old 2013-06-10, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Maidere
Sergeant

People who say it's not about farming consollerz are even less reasonable. No way you can balance controller vs K+M. And making a console f2p game for K+m only doesnt make any sense.

"So youve been farmed at Allatum because of your gamepad. Buy the super hi tek elite Planetside 2 mouse and keyboard and get competitive. Get it now on sale for 69.96"
Yeah, nice idea, 99% of all console users will leave within a week. Just imagine for a moment that PC version of PS2 will demand a gamepad for an acceptable expirence.

Last edited by Maidere; 2013-06-10 at 07:07 AM.
Old 2013-06-10, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
moosepoop
Captain

I just want an option to see what would happen. maybe we can try on test server.
Old 2013-06-10, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Shogun
Contributor
General

it´s not about farming consoleros, it is about NOT LOSING players who own a pc and a ps4.

and i am still sure that ps2onps4 will support mouse and keyboard.
so it´s fair. if you want to rule in this game, buy mouse and keyboard.

it´s still a lot cheaper than having to buy a decend gaming rig to play the pc version with the same result.

so mixed servers are a must have.

or totally seperated servers with seperated accounts, to stop pc players from transiting to ps4.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-10, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

It's because console gamers are all "Omg, gamepads are why PC sucks" and us PC gamers get to shoot their faces off for not putting effort into getting good with a mouse.

Want to get good at this game? Buy a mouse and keyboard for cheap (Or better yet, you PS4 makers should provide them with the gamepads) and learn to use them. Put in effort to beat us if it bothers you that much. Don't expect every damn game to hand hold you.

That or, you know, make gamepads have better aim without resorting to auto aim.

But that won't happen. And because it won't happen, it will prove that console gamers don't want to learn how to use a mouse and keyboard and don't care about getting good. Only about easy gameplay.

Having said that, gameplay should be easy-ish. So... It's a bit of a catch 22 situation. The only real solution here is making a gamepad that aims better. Until that happens or untill console gamers start using keyboard and mouse (yea. Riiiiiight), servers won't cross over.

Last edited by Taramafor; 2013-06-10 at 08:04 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion