News: Update Notes 06/26 Continent Locking and Hossin - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Push to test... Release to detonate
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-06-27, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Re: Update Notes 06/26 Continent Locking and Hossin

the 25% exp boost for locking hossin was a bit stupid though... lets face it every server is going to have it locked 24/7 by the zerging faction now, its already locked by the VS on woodman and I expect it to stay locked by them until the zerging outfits decide they've leveled up enough.
Old 2014-06-27, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Crator
Major General

I don't like the locking rules. Should be empire home continents with lattice connections to each continent. Like PS1.
Old 2014-06-27, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
DevilzRightHand
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I don't like the locking rules. Should be empire home continents with lattice connections to each continent. Like PS1.
This ^^

Higby, the new continent is awesome, and I rely do love the jungle feel over it.
The nights could be a little darker maybe and what weather effects will this map have you guys think on the forum?

Now when we have 4 continents and they have been talking about faster expedition maps coming out why not FIRST do 3 fast sanc`s? And just link them in to the game. That would make a big change and a fast one.
Couldn't be so hard could it? Just copy pase some buildings, make the vehicle TP work, And up with some spawns for air and ground and you have it because right now the locks don't work.

So in the end:

Hossin map = I love it

Ps2 need:
Sanctuary !!
Old 2014-06-27, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
They are actually somewhat reasonable. I expected locking to be much worse. But as it stands it seems likea nice locking testing feature. I'm quite sure the system will change... eventually.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2014-06-27, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
They are actually somewhat reasonable. I expected locking to be much worse. But as it stands it seems likea nice locking testing feature. I'm quite sure the system will change... eventually.
I think you are correct. SOE devs have talked about doing it differently in the past. I think this is just a place-holder until they are able to work out the other way. Crossing fingers that this is the case at least. From what I've read so far on the official forums not many like the existing locking rules. The problems is those that don't like the existing locking rules don't like the locking period cause they just want to play on Indar only.

I haven't visited the roadmap in a while so not sure if there is something there talking about how they want it done eventually or not.
Old 2014-06-27, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Chewy
Major

Last night I noticed a LOT of VS mass redeploys. Even against 1-2 squads GOKU would send an entire platoon to crush anything in a bum rush and then wait for those squads to move to another base and do it again then once more. It wouldn't stop till those attacking players would stop hitting VS bases. No Gal drops, no ESF swarms, no sunderers, just a mass wave of players out of either spawn.

DVS can handle itself in a good fight but not with an out of nowhere 2-3v1 odds that just happen in under 20 seconds. You get about 2 minutes into an attack and BOOM, a solid wall of purple using everything in the book from rocket primary, MAX crash, to pure bum rushes and all at once. Not much you can do to hold that back without at least equal numbers.

Without a lot of blue support totaling at least a platoon even for what is a ghost cap at the time, VS will just go "NOPE" and bum rush you down. Didn't see that from TR last night either but I was on Hossin and the TR was rather limited in what they could do.

Waterson hasn't had to deal with mass and sudden spawn room zergs in a good long while. It is going to take a bit to relearn how to fight it again. And Mattherson VS seems to be an expert on things like that. If it was a Gal bomb or swarm of vehicles, it wouldn't be to bad and could be seen coming or stopped beforehand. But a platoon or more just spawning for no real reason isn't that easy to fight against.
Old 2014-06-27, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
War Barney
Sergeant Major

How do you even fight that expect by having a platoon or 2 ghost capping bases? you could use mines but that'll stop the first wave not the billions of others, you could camp the spawn but unless you already have the numbers to win they'll just swarm over you.

The only real solution I guess would be a swarm of libs to constantly bomb the hell out of the spawn so nothing can escape and just hope they aren't smart enough to get their own aircraft in. OR of course the original one.. ghost cap with 2 platoons...
Old 2014-06-27, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
How do you even fight that expect by having a platoon or 2 ghost capping bases? you could use mines but that'll stop the first wave not the billions of others, you could camp the spawn but unless you already have the numbers to win they'll just swarm over you.

The only real solution I guess would be a swarm of libs to constantly bomb the hell out of the spawn so nothing can escape and just hope they aren't smart enough to get their own aircraft in. OR of course the original one.. ghost cap with 2 platoons...
DVS brings Gals. 1 per squad if possible that are as certed as it can be with never having less than 2 gunners. One stays on a bulldog and the other jumps around for AA, 2nd bulldog, or tailgun for peppering. A very underused vehicle and very powerful if the pilot is any good.

It is in no way an easy fight. But it can be done. Use the Gal to draw focus of the MAXes and heavies so you have mainly infantry to fight that tends to be support classes mostly. Still going to be outnumbered to all hell likely but we have a beefy air support for both damage and spawns with some damn good players that can fight outnumbered if in the right places. Still though, we have limits and 3v1 is one of them.

Can't bitch to much though. DVS has done the same and maybe would still be doing it if we still had the numbers. Dropping from 1.4k to under 400 members left us with a good core of strong players, but little real weight to shove around. We get about 2 squads for our OPs these days and that isn't enough anymore thanks to the merge. Time to recruit it seems.
Old 2014-06-27, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Liberator spawn suppression isn't what it used to be.

Old 2014-06-28, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
Woo, this continent is so good!

But currently, Emerald Server is a mess. TR Emerald refuse to engage the VS. They are literally scared of the VS. They don't enjoy fighting the VS; they like fighting the NC because both faction is balanced against each other.
Having spent several hours on Hossin having some amazing battles with the VS as TR on Emerald, I totally have to disagree. I'm having a blast and cheers to to all the folks having some some with this as well!!!

Old 2014-06-28, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by SixShooter View Post
Having spent several hours on Hossin having some amazing battles with the VS as TR on Emerald, I totally have to disagree. I'm having a blast and cheers to to all the folks having some some with this as well!!!
Nah. It's obvious TR Emerald doesn't want to fight the VS. They are traumatized lol. VS needs some quick nerfs to balance the factions.

And don't believe some momentarily stuff. VS Emerald loves manipulating the situation like switching sides and holding back. They held back considerably today. Even in their held back state they warpgated us NC at Hossin. They obviously don't want to be nerfed.

There is something fundamentally broken when a whole TR faction leaves Hossin to participate in an Amerish alert that nobody wants to participate in, at the moment when the VS was obviously attempting the first ever Hossin cap. Before Hossin was capped the first day, some were telling people not to cap it, saying don't overdo it that effect since it only to takes 1 base to make a mistake.

They capped it anyway. How can they not? They got 50% Hossin pop, Esamir Cap, 40%+ world population and TR in the Amerish alert that nobody wants to be in .

In fact, they allowed TR to cap Amerish after they capped Hossin, with 40% world pop?. That's not competition, that's manipulation. Right before they capped Hossin, they capped Esamir unopposed. Why? TR going all out on NC. NC holding back VS and TR. VS has lot of free players to cap any continent they wish.

The status quo and dynamics has changed. Capping continents now have large consequences that affect player morale and constitution in continuing. They need to balance the factions now before Emerald spiral out of control.

TR wants to fight NC because of the balanced fights. Today, even NC was avoiding the VS, getting us warpgated in the process, at Hossin. In short, TR and NC enjoy fighting each other since the factions are balanced. You should participate in an NC vs TR fight and you can see the world of difference when two factions are balanced.

The first thing SOE need to do is:

Reimagine the Lashers - This thing is abused as a suppression tool. There's no way this should continue. Continuous, large AOE, with good direct and indirect damage. In large 48+ fights, how can you compete with these? Point at the door so nobody can enter. Players enter, your HP/Shield is so low, that you are done for. Point at the spawnroom, especially in Biolabs, nobody can get out. Sure. Point in a hallway/pathway, you can even peek, much less traverse it.

Have the developers ever encountered Lashers before? If they did, they should be aware what I'm talking about.

Magriders should be stopped from climbing steep hills - and sticking and on the side of the mountain suppressing fire in infantry fights. Yesterday, there were two Magriders on a very steep, nearly 90 degree ( I believe it's one of the WG bases NW, possibly the topmost). They climb from the other side then clamber at the edge, right at the cusp and shooting downwards. This is a nearly 90 degree cliff with a slightly rounded cusp. It's one of the NW WG bases at Hossin.

How in the hell are these vehicles allowed to cling on the side of a cliff? Vanguards and Prowlers have no way of duplicating these ridiculous stuff.

Bring those two things in-line and then go from there. But these two are the most glaringly, broken stuff that's affecting so many fights especially in Hossin.
Old 2014-06-28, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Obstruction
First Sergeant

i'm rofl'ing at this, because the same whining attitude already got Lib suppression nerfed into oblivion. when the TB nerf goes live nothing will stop Galaxy rushes either, btw.

it's sort of like how ranchers would often aggressively exterminate coyotes because they lost one or two cattle per year; often sick ones that were taken by a pack. then after the coyotes were gone it was realized that local rabbit populations skyrocketed, as did the number of cattle lost to disease. they were better off with the coyotes, after all.

it was once that planetside 2 thought it had a terrible infantry farming problem and so the Liberator was aggressively exterminated. and now the infantry population goes unchecked and the complaint becomes that there are unstoppable infantry zergs with no natural controls in place.

well, as a full time liberator pilot (now often footzerger) let me just congratulate you all and your whining, while you reap your rewards. it will be months before there is a fix, if there ever is. if there is even population left to care about by the time a fix comes, and assuming it is a fix and not just another half-baked game mechanic that aims to treat the symptoms rather than the underlying issues of poorly thought out, untested, nostalgia-focused design decisions.

Last edited by Obstruction; 2014-06-28 at 07:16 AM.
Old 2014-06-28, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
i'm rofl'ing at this, because the same whining attitude already got Lib suppression nerfed into oblivion. when the TB nerf goes live nothing will stop Galaxy rushes either, btw.

it's sort of like how ranchers would often aggressively exterminate coyotes because they lost one or two cattle per year; often sick ones that were taken by a pack. then after the coyotes were gone it was realized that local rabbit populations skyrocketed, as did the number of cattle lost to disease. they were better off with the coyotes, after all.

it was once that planetside 2 thought it had a terrible infantry farming problem and so the Liberator was aggressively exterminated. and now the infantry population goes unchecked and the complaint becomes that there are unstoppable infantry zergs with no natural controls in place.

well, as a full time liberator pilot (now often footzerger) let me just congratulate you all and your whining, while you reap your rewards. it will be months before there is a fix, if there ever is. if there is even population left to care about by the time a fix comes, and assuming it is a fix and not just another half-baked game mechanic that aims to treat the symptoms rather than the underlying issues of poorly thought out, untested, nostalgia-focused design decisions.
I'm rofling at this because its a lib pilot trying to say libs aren't powerful anymore and that they need a buff, unless this nerf happened a day or 2 ago they are still taking 2 full clips of skyguard to kill while killing the offending tank in 2-3 seconds with their shredder with the ability to bomb from orbit.

I really hope this "nerf" happened in the last couple of days, I've been getting sick and tired of these lib rookies sitting at the sky limit bombing completely out of reach of harm getting kills with no skill required.

As for Emerald TR, we have the same issue on Woodman, if the population for an alert is 50% VS the TR will attack us, if its 50% NC the TR attack us, if its 33% for everybody the TR attack us.

The most hilarious times have been when its been TR and NC fighting over a TR base, and a few VS turn up, the TR then COMPLETELY abandon the base and it ends up being the VS and NC fighting over a TR base. At this point though on woodman we're use to the TR being VS lapdogs, you'll get use to it too, just plan every battle around the TR and VS numbers being combined and that being the force you're fighting.
Old 2014-06-28, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Obstruction
First Sergeant

I'm rofling at this because its a lib pilot trying to say libs aren't powerful anymore and that they need a buff, unless this nerf happened a day or 2 ago they are still taking 2 full clips of skyguard to kill while killing the offending tank in 2-3 seconds with their shredder with the ability to bomb from orbit.

I really hope this "nerf" happened in the last couple of days, I've been getting sick and tired of these lib rookies sitting at the sky limit bombing completely out of reach of harm getting kills with no skill required.
what? i didn't say that at all. i'm not sure if you're being serious here though, do you not play the game, but just post random things on forums that you don't even really know facts about or understand?

the comment was about "a swarm of liberators" suppressing infantry spawns, that is what you talked about in your post. now you're changing the subject to skyguard, and obvious anger directed towards libs and me personally?

that's not very constructive, or polite.
Old 2014-06-28, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
War Barney
Sergeant Major

The words nerfed into oblivion would normally be taken as a complaint that its been nerfed too much. You seem to be back-tracking now and trying to paint me in a bad light because you realise you're wrong.

Thats not very constructive, or polite.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion