Caverns - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Only you can prevent forum fires!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-06, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Caverns

I don't know if anyone has made a thread like this already, but if someone has please bare with me.

Has anyone ever fought in the caverns in any larger then 5 people battles at least? I went down there and there was only one other person down there that I could see with me. The areas are so big, in length width and height, that with the low population down there even with a battle of around 30, it would still seem like a battle of 5. The devs said we had to fight our way down there, but you face no resistence except maybe on the surface and getting modules is simple.

Also with the caverns being so hard to navigate and those teleports (I still haven't figured out any logic to where they go or there destination each one leads to). So, has anyone ever witnessed any good fights down there? They said the caverns weren't supposed to be a place for intense battles but I would at least like to take advantage of all those good surroundings.

I really hope the devs do something here.

Edit: And I would also like to know, how many people use the new weapons? I haven't yet seen anyone useing them except myself and maybe one other person.

Last edited by 00AgentDuck; 2003-11-06 at 08:31 PM.
Old 2003-11-06, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

yes, i have seen an intense 3 empire battle... once. lots of snipers, MAXs, vehicles, troops, ect... no one got a mod. the cave closed and the pop down there dwindled down to 2 people, 1 VS and 1 TR who died simultaniously, so the entire cave was cleared out
Old 2003-11-06, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tegadil
Corporal

Originally Posted by sutserikeru
yes, i have seen an intense 3 empire battle... once. lots of snipers, MAXs, vehicles, troops, ect... no one got a mod. the cave closed and the pop down there dwindled down to 2 people, 1 VS and 1 TR who died simultaniously, so the entire cave was cleared out
I could imagine one last Vanu down there, huddled in a corner amongst a load of books. Once he realizes that the rest are gone, he stands up to go take a look. He takes a step forward and trips, shattering his visor.

"It isn't fair. It isn't fair at all. There was time now. There was all the time I needed. It isn't fair...it isn't fair..."

Please insert face.
Old 2003-11-06, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tegadil
I could imagine one last Vanu down there, huddled in a corner amongst a load of books. Once he realizes that the rest are gone, he stands up to go take a look. He takes a step forward and trips, shattering his visor.

"It isn't fair. It isn't fair at all. There was time now. There was all the time I needed. It isn't fair...it isn't fair..."
no, i was the last vanu, and the TR was my buddy we killed eachother using our Spikers

i coulda sworn that the game time slowed when we both fired the Spikers...
Old 2003-11-06, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Lol, sounds fun, I wish I could of been there, the devs or someone ought to organize some kind of battle down there between all three empires, only thing is that with the caverns opening and closing it would be difficult to do. I really want to see some action down there sometime.
Old 2003-11-06, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I've seen, and been in a huge underground battle. Not sure how many people were there, but it was crazy fun. You couldn't go 5 feet without running into nme.
Old 2003-11-06, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by 00AgentDuck
Lol, sounds fun, I wish I could of been there, the devs or someone ought to organize some kind of battle down there between all three empires, only thing is that with the caverns opening and closing it would be difficult to do. I really want to see some action down there sometime.
it was fun, and you can easily set up a 3 empire battle, just get the names of some emeny CR5s from the other 2 emps, give em to a friendly CR5(s) and tell em to challange the other two, easy
Old 2003-11-06, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Personally, I prefer it where there are no nme's downstairs, and you can get as many Mods as you ant. Easy mod runs, baby.
Old 2003-11-06, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Hey, good idea, I'll try doing that sometime. Would work out best on a server like emerald and at prime time. The other alternative is having myself get up to CR5, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon or ever. I'm almost at CR2 and CR 3, 4, and finnally 5 will take forever.

Is there anygood sources you know of that I could type in CR5's for a certain empire on emerald and it would list all of them?
Old 2003-11-06, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Dicepoint.com
Old 2003-11-06, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Thanks for the link, looks like a very good site. I think I can find some people on here, well thanks for your help, and hopefully sometime maybe even this weekend I can get something together.
Old 2003-11-06, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

uh huh. Not a problem
Old 2003-11-06, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Time Enough at Last. Great Twilight Zone episode.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-07, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Tegadil
Corporal

Originally Posted by Veteran
Time Enough at Last. Great Twilight Zone episode.
Indeed!

Please insert face.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion