n00b questions! :D - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: its all about helping one another. But only on a Tuesday.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-02-20, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Moleculor
Sergeant

n00b questions! :D

Yay! I'm a newbie.

Ok, first (set of) questions...

How does one get and use a drop pod (obviously the game isn't out yet, but maybe someone knows the basic mechanics). It's an orbital insertion thing, right? So you have to go into orbit first? Where? How do you get there? Is the thing that inserts ya a space station (something called HART)?

Was looking over a few of the screenshots... I saw a map (obviously alpha-ish) of a continent and it had the facilities spread out quite far. I sorta got the impression that these facilities would all be grouped at a base. Is that not the case? If so, what -is- at a base?

Inertial dampeners. In some threads people are saying they'll just -reduce- damage. The recent interview said they'll completely eliminate it. I'll trust the interview, so I'm believing that they'll eliminate damage from falling. Question is... is it a one time use thing, an everyone has one and it's permanent thing, an inventory thing where it's multi-use, but you actually have to get one thing? And do light tanks/buggys get 'em?

Can you hack enemy turrets 'n make 'em change sides (even temporarily)? Can you make that reaction a delayed one? (Hack, run, hit a switch remotely, and suddenly the turret is chewing up it's former friendlies.)

I read that night missions are something they're holding back to get the game out fast. Yet the game supposedly has full day/night cycles. What gives?

Purchasing weapons 'n stuff is free? Or costs BEP? Or something else?

Ok, vehicles explode. Does a full ANT go boom more than an empty one?

I've read in some places that vehicles always show up on radar, yet in others that you can avoid detection in things like aircraft by flying nap of the earth. Which is it?

Ok, I've seen screenshots of virtual training areas 'n such. Do they have virtual arenas, where you can train against human people? Even practice assaults and such?

Ok. I like twitch games. Love 'em. After a week or so of warmup, I become deadly (and I mean -deadly-) in Counter-Strike. But I love the concept of hacking 'n such. Any percieveable plans to combine the two (such as making hacking like Tron with bullets or something)? Or will hacking just be sorta like Counter-Strike bomb defusal (or medic revival in Planetside) where you just hold down a button, and a progress indicator floats on by (*cough*boring*cough)? Hey, if both ideas sound good, you could make either an option, with the Tron-hacking having an instantaneous hack rather than the 15 minute wait or something.... *hopes*

What's the max altitude?

Umm... That's all I can think of. For now.

Last edited by Moleculor; 2003-02-20 at 11:41 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion