n00b questions! :D - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is there a vaccine for this?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-21, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Moleculor
Sergeant

It's ok. Your name is only OmnipotentKiwi, not OmniscientKiwi.

Can't wait to find out what the altitude limits are.

I read somewhere that you can only hide in clouds in -heavy- cloud cover (like a storm). I personally hope that this expands to even overcast or partly cloudy/partly sunny conditions. Flying in and out of clouds in dogfights would be -incredible-.
Old 2003-02-21, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Does weather condisions affect you: rain, lightning, etc..?

I think I read it somewhere but I forgot.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-02-22, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Originally posted by Saint
Q5: The Planet of auraxis has a highly charged ionosphere filled with hefadioxine, it allows light to reflect across the surface as though there was a star there and thats also the reason that at night time its never really dark , So you wont see the star itself cause its always slightly off the horizon due to the planest abnormal orbit. So it will never get completly dark, but with cover of storm and at night you might be very well hidden and by the time they realize it is too late.
Lol, Abra just made that up. I mean, look at it. Hefadioxine? That doesnt work. This was just Abra explaining how the devs could easily explain for almost anything.

Other then that, i think everything else was....well not quite right, but right enough as to not make any difference.
Old 2003-02-22, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
VanuSovereignty
Corporal

Sheesh..o.o; Someone knows alot about PlanetSide! O.O! Ahem..what was I gonna do now... Oh yea!

WHAT SIIIIIIDE?!

Join Vanu Alliance today!

Alpha Centauri Space Station. Commander Pat can't come to the computer right now. He's either saving the universe from some dread, unnamed peril, or perhaps taking a nappie. Leave your name and a message and he will return your call.
Old 2003-02-22, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Moleculor
Sergeant

Ok, 'nother few questions...

Someone mentioned something about respawning in groups in another thread. Huh? Is this true? (Cool if it is.)

How buildings look.... I get the impression that Vanu bases look different than Terran or Conglomerate bases. How are they going to change when you hack and cap 'em?

Say I wanted to go stealth-esque into a base on a solo mission. (I -oh- so hope that the Tribes people don't fuxx0r up sneaking like it is in Tribes so that it makes it nigh impossible to do more than about one thing in a base before getting toasted.) Is it possible to bail out of, say, a skeeter and set it to auto-destruct? Like, I bail out right over the base... The skeeter will either fall straight down (letting people know I just bailed out of it) or inertia will carry it forward a certain distance away (I'm hoping it's the second one). But say I don't want that, and would rather it just blow up. Can I set self-destruct?

Can you talk while you're dead?

Is the gameplay planned to be as fast as Tribes, or slower, like Halo? (PLEEZE SAY HALO!)

As for what side I'll be joining.... Well, the NC doesn't interest me all that much (unless the Terrans -actually- start turning out to be evil bastards or something, which I doubt). So... Either Vanu 'cuz of their nifty energy weapons, or Terran's 'cuz the Vanu are doing human modification experimentation.

Last edited by Moleculor; 2003-02-22 at 10:45 PM.
Old 2003-02-22, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Nightmare
First Sergeant

I assume vehicles will cotinue going for a little while. It's unlikely that they would fall straight down, but it would be a funny sight. I doubt there is a self-destruct mode, but they could add it on if they wanted to. Lastly, I believe you are able to talk while your dead, but like all other games, only to other dead people in the area.

Last edited by Nightmare; 2003-02-22 at 10:56 PM.
Old 2003-02-22, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Moleculor
Ok, 'nother few questions...

Someone mentioned something about respawning in groups in another thread. Huh? Is this true? (Cool if it is.)

How buildings look.... How are they going to change when you hack and cap 'em?

Is it possible to bail out of, say, a skeeter and set it to auto-destruct?

Can you talk while you're dead?

Is the gameplay planned to be as fast as Tribes, or slower, like Halo?
When you die, and release to a location, you are put in a waiting line at that location to be reborn. The more people in line, the longer it will take you to respawn.

Buildings do not seriously change when they are capped. I believe your flags display on capped buildings, like cap towers, but don't quote me on that.

When you bail out I imagine it will be a parabolic fall, since the forward acceleration stops, but you still have a velocity, so gravity will take effect and BAM, you have basically the core of physics in a bail out.

There is no official word on talking when dead, but I will believe this will be one thing that follows the MMORPG trend, and not the FPS trend. I bet you will be able to talk within your outfit, and squad, and also be able to send private messages, but general speak is disabled. This way you can say where you are lying dead, ask for a rez, or talk to your outfit buddies while waiting to respawn.

Combat will go by too fast, and it will take a while to get to combat. The combat itself, from looking at the vids, looks about Halo paced. It is fairly easy to be able to heal yourself, or regenerate yourself, with implants and/or basic training. From one of the gamespot vids, it look like you could take about 7-10 shots from a fairly normal weapon (automatic) and survive.
Old 2003-02-23, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Moleculor
Sergeant

OMG.... I seriously can't wait for this game. Tribes2 vehicles and armors, and Halo speed and physics. I -need- this game. I need it! NEED IT!
Old 2003-02-23, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
SilentCacophony
Master Sergeant

lol hellsfire, I'd noticed Saint was quoting what Abbraxus had made up in another thread too. Odd, cause saint normally reads the posts, and the rest of that thread discussed what a bullshitter he was

As for spawning in groups, I said that, cause I heard that the more people there are, the longer your wait to respawn. I'm assuming that it will be like a countdown. 100 troops = 3 min or something. So every 3 minutes, everyone who is dead respawns, but then the next group has to wait another three minutes. That's how I see it being done at least.

Kamakzi missions/inertia: Rather than trying to remember everything you learned in Geometry (I learned salami slices stick to the wall), why don't you just direct your skeeter at the base before you bail?
Old 2003-02-23, 03:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Saint
Captain

Molecular, I hate to tell you but the flight model is very much like tribes 2, so dogfights aren't gonna be as good as a game like bf1942.

About the ionosphere question with the star and all, I just used ABs example to explain for the no star and for the night not ever really being dark. In all the vids and screens I have never seen a star and the night was not that dark, but you definatly could not see as far. ABs example was the perfect answer, even if it was false.

"And if you damn kids wouldn't have been snooping around I would have gotten away with it toooo" -scooby doo quote

Last edited by Saint; 2003-02-23 at 03:47 AM.
Old 2003-02-23, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Saint
Captain

Give me some credit tho, I think I did a good job answering his questions. You bastards have to go and flame if I don't know the answer to one question so I make an educated guess. You nazis are the reason I don't post on the official forums anymore, seriously get a life, go get a girlfriend, or boyfriend. It is definatly not worth it to argue with you guys tho (you know who you are, you "guys"). I think my answer to question 5 was very good, even tho it was untrue, but from my experiance from the game, I never saw a star and the night was not even very dark, ABs story was -perfect- and until we have more information, this is the answer to the question:

"The Planet of auraxis has a highly charged ionosphere filled with hefadioxine, it allows light to reflect across the surface as though there was a star there and thats also the reason that at night time its never really dark , So you wont see the star itself cause its always slightly off the horizon due to the planest abnormal orbit."

Suckas, go get a life
Old 2003-02-23, 04:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by SilentCacophony
Kamakzi missions/inertia: Rather than trying to remember everything you learned in Geometry (I learned salami slices stick to the wall), why don't you just direct your skeeter at the base before you bail?
If you knew your physics, you would know this wouldn't work. Gravity will pull your vehicle when you eject, as nothing is projecting it in the original path it was going. So your straight line into the base, will have you fall a bit short of the base with your parabolic trajectory.
Old 2003-02-23, 05:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Just figured i'd say, the Galaxy can carry everything up to and including the lightning.. Now what sense does it make that it won't be able to carry little quad basilisk?

Wraith
Basilisk
Harasser
Tresher
Enforcer
Maurader
Lightning

99.9% sure that thats what the galaxy can carry.

Edit: as for whose the bad guys and the good guys, it's all relative depending on who you support.

TR can claim they're preventing the world from colapsing into a voilent primitive anarchy the NC is aiming for and saving the soul of the humans by keeping us from becomming soulless techno abominations under the VS.

NC can claim that they're freeing the human spirit from 1000 years of opression (TR) and that the VS experiments is the wrong way to evolve and that they (the experiements) will utlimatly be the destruction of the human race.

VS can claim that they are working on releasing the human rase from the shackles of mortality and transend this life into a higher and more evolved one. Unfortunatly the TR and NC are to narrowminded to see that (well so the VS says) and force of arms is the only way they can keep on going whit their work whitout beeing exterminated.

It's basicly a matter of whose arguments you buy... can easily turn the arguments around and argue for whose bad but you're just going to end up whit 3 bad guys

Last edited by Zatrais; 2003-02-23 at 05:39 AM.
Old 2003-02-23, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
VanuSovereignty
Corporal

Good Philosophy there, anyways..Like I was saying, ahem...

PLANETSIIIIDE!

Join Vanu Alliance today!

Alpha Centauri Space Station. Commander Pat can't come to the computer right now. He's either saving the universe from some dread, unnamed peril, or perhaps taking a nappie. Leave your name and a message and he will return your call.
Old 2003-02-23, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
SilentCacophony
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by SilentCacophony
lol hellsfire, I'd noticed Saint was quoting what Abbraxus had made up in another thread too. Odd, cause saint normally reads the posts, and the rest of that thread discussed what a bullshitter he was
Poor saint, you get offended so easily. Sorry, but I have a girlfriend, while it looks like you need to get laid. I didn't "flame" you. I merely said I'd noticed you pointed out a false story. I said you normally read the posts, which is in a way saying you're normally informed and educated on these matters, does it not?

I hardly think a fake story that abbraxus made up should be passed on to people as the current "truth". The dev team said they have no lens flare yet, but that it would be easy to do. If the Sun is always just off the horizon (which is still a dumb ass idea if you ask me), there'd be no need for a lens flare coming off the sun.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion