Parachutes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Three O's. Over Paided Over Sexed And Over Here
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-19, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Parachutes

I'm pretty sure that pilots will get parachutes for ejecting, but what about Galaxy/HART passengers? An airborne-MAX assault would be cool/hell.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-02-19, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SilentCacophony
Master Sergeant

Yeah, they'd have them for ejecting I'd hope (or they'll just crash and burn), but it would be sweet if you could fly by with a transport and just drop everyone into a base via parachutes.
Old 2003-02-19, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Before the flame masters get to you let me answer this one (seeing as how we're all recruits and all)

Everyone has spifft repulsor thingies in their armor that slow you down in a fall from altitude. So Yes, as far as I know MAX's and all others Can HALO out of the transports and drop in on poor unsuspecting bases
Old 2003-02-19, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

I've read every inch of the website and haven't found that. Thanks.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-02-19, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Marsman
Major

They're called Kinetic Dampeners.
Old 2003-02-19, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Make sure you read the dev interviews and things like that in addition to the normal pages of info. They have all kind of stuff like this.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-02-19, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 2003-02-19, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SilentCacophony
Master Sergeant

Cool, I never got into the interviews. Figured I'd save them till tommorrow or something. Too tired right now (off to bed in a few).
Old 2003-02-19, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Saint
Captain

Sorry, but Aztec check your pm, I have a present for you, hope you have msn.
Old 2003-02-19, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

Terran Elite Airborne Regiment

Well when i posted this topic i got pretty much burnt in many different ways. KENETIC DAMPNERS! THE END!

.......................... .....DIE!

DARK- HI....DIE!

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-02-19, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Outdone:

Old 2003-02-20, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
CDM
Private

I don't get it whats the point of dropships landing if you acn jump. Theres properly damage if you hit trees and you proberly can't shoot till your down. Maxs would need a few parashutes.Oh and your squad would be seperated as well as base defences can shoot you.

P.S. all infomation is Maybe not real
Old 2003-02-20, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Vindicator
Private

Right....

As far as I know only people have dampeners, and you fall rather slowly once you hit a certian altitude making you a really easy target and yu cant shoot back, when you jump you fall rapidly to a certian alt then the dampeners kick in and you fall slowly and casnt fire back making you easy pickin for base guns and snipers. Vehicles don't have these things and must be dropped in. It's more of a last ditch thing if your galaxy is about to get blown apart or if your gunship is getting hammered you can try to jump out, I can just imagine the fun of doing a fly by in a gunship splattering all the people trying to HALO out of a galaxy before it goes up heh.
Old 2003-02-20, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

I didn't think kinetic dampeners slowed you down. Aren't they basically just shock absorbers. You take damage when you hit the ground even with them. Obviously the higher up you are the more you're going to get hurt when you hit the ground. You lose a substantial amount of health when doing jumps from high altitude.

I also thought buggies and the small tanks had kinetic dampeners as well. If for some reason you need to bail out of a galaxy or something you're buggy won't blow up when it hits the ground.
Old 2003-02-20, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hamma
PSU Admin

I am fairl certain they slow your decent

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion