Improvement: Gun Attachment Swap On The Fly - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nerfed, for your pleasure.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-01-18, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sylvanicus
Contributor
Private

Gun Attachment Swap On The Fly

This is a simple thing that's been kind of bugging me lately. I primarily play a sniper and have a suppressor for my rifle. This limits the effective range quite a bit but can be incredibly useful. Unfortunately, I'm not clairvoyant. My name's not even Claire. Thus, I often run in to the problem of either having the silencer and not wanting it, or not having it when I do.

The way I play often involves incredibly long (up to an hour at a time) alone and behind enemy lines. This makes swapping loadouts... a bit tricky. Thus, I thought it might improve things if (like in so many other great FPSes) I could detach and reattach the suppressor or whatever attachments I may have on it.

This doesn't seem like an immensely large change and I doubt it would affect much as, I mean, you can turn on and off the laser on your weapon. It would be nice to be able to do that with the silencer, and even the scope or what have you.

I'd even go so far as to suggest that perhaps if a player certs in to it (likely in the Suit section replacing things like grenade bandolier or nanoweave), they can carry multiple attachments for instance... two scopes or some such thing.

All in all, I think it's fair that if someone can switch their laser off, I can remove my silencer. And if nothing else, I'd really like that laser to stay off when I pull my gun out again.
Old 2013-01-19, 04:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
laoss
Private

Re: Gun Attachment Swap On The Fly

I really hope they do this at some point in the future!
Old 2013-01-19, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Try posting something like this in the Official Planetside forums. Who knows, you just might get enough attention on iit to have it put into the game!
Old 2013-01-19, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by HiroshiChugi View Post
Try posting something like this in the Official Planetside forums. Who knows, you just might get enough attention on iit to have it put into the game!
Post on the OF if you don't want it to happen. Post here if you do.

I think we should have a 'utility belt' that can hold a set number of attachments.
Old 2013-01-20, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sylvanicus
Contributor
Private

Creating a menu and UI for all this could be a bit complicated, but I agree that a cert like that would be a good idea, similar to the grenade bandoleer cert and what have you. Perhaps have a couple levels of it.

Even without the cert though I think removing and reattaching your current attachments (or at least the suppressor) should be allowed. Doing so 100% on the fly might not be an option (would need more key bindings, one for each type of attachment, etc.) and would possibly be unrealistic as you can't exactly just rip the scope off a rifle.

Thus doing so through a small menu might be the way to go. Basically like how you change your loadout at a terminal, but limited to the attachments you have available. Uncerted, you'd just be able to remove or reattach whatever attachments you have on your weapons.

If I were a dev I'd probably lay out the cert like this: Rank 1 is 150, Rank 2 is 200, Rank 3 is 500. Each would let you carry an extra attachment. This wouldn't be an extra one per weapon, just total. Of course, I'm not a dev, and I did kind of pull those numbers out of my ass so...

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault