Looting system - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Submitted by: Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.14 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-06-15, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Re: Looting system

/bump
Old 2012-06-15, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Old 2012-06-15, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Old 2012-06-15, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Come on Goku, some criteria please...
Old 2012-06-15, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
Come on Goku, some criteria please...
In laymans terms
Loot moar corpses. live longer.
Are you for or against.
Old 2012-06-16, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Loot moar!
Old 2012-06-19, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

bop bop bop bop to the top
Old 2012-06-19, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Zekeen
Major

Maybe you should try asking Higby in twitter if they are ever going to rconsider the looting system that was so incredibly popular in PS1 returning in some way or another. Your threads look weird with the 50 personal bumping. I haven't even bumped my latest idea on variable fighters, and it's falling in obscurity without even being commented on. If I do bump it later I'm at LEAST going to add something or ask people to post, not go "bump bump boppity bump bump".

Come on zerk, use some class with bumping
Old 2012-06-19, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
Maybe you should try asking Higby in twitter if they are ever going to rconsider the looting system that was so incredibly popular in PS1 returning in some way or another. Your threads look weird with the 50 personal bumping. I haven't even bumped my latest idea on variable fighters, and it's falling in obscurity without even being commented on. If I do bump it later I'm at LEAST going to add something or ask people to post, not go "bump bump boppity bump bump".

I tried adult swim style but It never caught on
Old 2012-06-19, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post

Yeah, bump like a sir.

EDIT: With my conscience weighing on my mind for not actually contributing anything to the thread, I submit that looting may well render the ammo drops for engys kinda pointless. Now, if we wanted to make weapons lootable, I wouldn't mind seeing how that worked out.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-06-19 at 12:02 PM.
Old 2012-06-19, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
Yeah, bump like a sir.

I'll try,and BTW congrats for posting the 69th comment on this thread..
Old 2012-06-19, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by berzerkerking View Post
I'll try,and BTW congrats for posting the 69th comment on this thread..
That's you, champ, not me.
Old 2012-06-19, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
Yeah, bump like a sir.

EDIT: With my conscience weighing on my mind for not actually contributing anything to the thread, I submit that looting may well render the ammo drops for engys kinda pointless. Now, if we wanted to make weapons lootable, I wouldn't mind seeing how that worked out.
Weapons are loot-able as far as simply taking them, in their base state no add-ons or special sight from the original owner. I you want ammo for your existing gun there is a timed process mentioned in the ammo conversion thread that explains the way that works.
Old 2012-06-23, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Prexun
Private

This is probably the worst idea I've read about so far... As some guy wrote in the beginning, it would take away the teamworking element of ps2. There would also be no difference between the three factions if they could all use the se things. Another thing: friendly fire. Just... no... They will NOT make hacking vehicles possible and they will NOT make scavenging enemies' weapons possible. This is something they brought up at E3: When you see a tank, you'd immediately know whether that tank is allied or hostile by simply looking at its colors or design, not by looking at the driver's name's color (red, blue or purple). If we'd be able to scavenge and hack, we'd have to check every vehicle every time just to make sure it's not an enemy. Also, if the VS players see a beam shot, they wouldn't know if it was an ally or enemy.
Old 2012-06-23, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
SztEltviz
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Prexun View Post
This is probably the worst idea I've read about so far... As some guy wrote in the beginning, it would take away the teamworking element of ps2.
Don't deny a tactic if you don't like it, but give incentives to use an another.
It is fun to go Rambo (the first movie) in the forest, killing one at a time then scavenge them to get ammo to kill the next.

There would also be no difference between the three factions if they could all use the se things.
Untrue, in PS1 there is vhacking and looting and you can't say there is no difference. It's rare to loot and hack.

Another thing: friendly fire.
Just... no... They will NOT make hacking vehicles possible and they will NOT make scavenging enemies' weapons possible. This is something they brought up at E3: When you see a tank, you'd immediately know whether that tank is allied or hostile by simply looking at its colors or design, not by looking at the driver's name's color (red, blue or purple). If we'd be able to scavenge and hack, we'd have to check every vehicle every time just to make sure it's not an enemy. Also, if the VS players see a beam shot, they wouldn't know if it was an ally or enemy.
Again it is in PS1, and no problem with friendly fire. BIG GREEN NAME TAG ON FRIENDLIES!!!!!!!!

The only real problem is the technical limit about textures. All others have a real answer: look at PS1 it's working and nobody had any problem ever.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault