Omg I Fixed The Tr Vehicles!!!111 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why You Little!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-18, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I dunno about that lithpope because it's the advantage of being able to hit two targets, or the same target, that gives the Prowler it's advantage in combat. Unfortunatly nobody bothers to gun in the 12mm position. Not much I think you can do about that unless you made dual weapons a lot more accurate and a lot faster than they are currently.
Old 2004-03-18, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by Happy lil' Elf
That holds true for any of the tanks. If you're in any heavy tank and a group of opposing tanks rolls around a hill, you run or die.
Yeah but the prowler can't run away Because It's the slowest and on top of that it doesn't have enough armor to take multiple hits from a vanguard while it's running.
Old 2004-03-18, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I'd have no problem if they gave the prowler the same speed as the vanguard. I don't see why not really.
Old 2004-03-18, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
oddfish
Colonel

i actually think the prowler would be sexy as hell if they made it a little faster than the Van. i mean, less armor than van, more speed than van.

as far as speed.
Magrider fastest
then prowler
then van.

that's the way i see it.. the tank with the biggest gun and most armor should be the slowest.. and that's that.. it'd make the prowler more of a commodity if they'd give the thing some kind of perk. besides just being as sexy as it is now. i hate when people say it's ugly.. that thing is so fuckable. great tank design PS design team!

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-03-18, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I really dunno why the Prowler's armor is less than the Van's...

Have you ever seen the two side by side?

Damn Elmomobile dwarfs the Smurfrider...

Old 2004-03-18, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
oddfish
Colonel

yeah, but i think that's for the physical fact that it carries more ammo and people, or is capapble of such.. i THINK.. havn't played as TR in a while. Prowler should be faster.. all i'm gonna say.

My Blog
Old 2004-03-18, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
JakeLogan
Major

I think during late beta the prowler got an armor nerf during the anti-TR nerfs. Then again I can't remember back then really well so I'm probably wrong.
Old 2004-03-18, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
oddfish
Colonel

i really think it should have better speed. it's big enough to have a more powerful engine than the van, so it should be able to cruise faster.. plus, it's such a pimp wagon.. i wish i had a hangar full of the damn things..

My Blog
Old 2004-03-18, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
JakeLogan
Major

Well I could understand the tank being slower if it had A) More armor or B) A hell of alot of low end torque low end Torque meaning: More power put into the treads meaning the tank is slower but can get up hills and push or pull more then the vanguard would be able to.
Old 2004-03-18, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Lithpope
Corporal

Originally Posted by Lartnev
I dunno about that lithpope because it's the advantage of being able to hit two targets, or the same target, that gives the Prowler it's advantage in combat. Unfortunatly nobody bothers to gun in the 12mm position. Not much I think you can do about that unless you made dual weapons a lot more accurate and a lot faster than they are currently.

Well by your reasoning lets say 3 NC and 3 TR, TR choose to fully man thier Prowler and get the "advantage" of hitting to targets, the NC decide to get a Vangard and a Reaver, well where is the advantage for the prowler? the NC with those TWO vehicles can hit two targets, have more armor than the Prowler and a heck of a lot more firepower and mobilty. See my point? Sub a Lightning in for the Reaver and the same still holds true. Other empires get more bang for thier buck per man than the TR when it comes to tanks.
Old 2004-03-18, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

good idea, even if maybe stolen from unreal tournament... it works great there too.

i think it should be applied to all vehicles, exactly the same way.
Old 2004-03-18, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
oddfish
Colonel

maybe tanks should have gears. like, get the fuck up that hill setting which is good when trying to go up a hill but slow and not maneuverable at ALL when on flat ground, cruise setting for max speed on pretty flat to uberflat road, and combat setting which allows for more mobility and flexability in combat.. this may be too elaborate, but it could help with some issues..

asside from that, i still think prowler's max speed should increase..

My Blog
Old 2004-03-18, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by oddfish
maybe tanks should have gears. like, get the fuck up that hill setting which is good when trying to go up a hill but slow and not maneuverable at ALL when on flat ground, cruise setting for max speed on pretty flat to uberflat road, and combat setting which allows for more mobility and flexability in combat.. this may be too elaborate, but it could help with some issues..

asside from that, i still think prowler's max speed should increase..
I would certainly agree with gears in vehicles put more thinking into this game.
Then again I would like to take a skyguard and make the backend slide out in a tight turn making it harder for something big to hit me.
Old 2004-03-18, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
oddfish
Colonel

yeah, vehicle physics do need to improve.

My Blog
Old 2004-03-18, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Aren't they doing that in the next patch?

Oh and I gunned on the 12mms in a Prowler for the first time in ages today, and it isn't all that bad.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion