BFRs WTF!!?? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Surprise!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2013-01-06, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

BFRs WTF!!??

So, as I type I am involved in a protracted base defense on Ceryshren. TR has only one base on the entire continent and VS is vigorously trying to take it. I have delivered numerous ants to keep the bases power going. A few minutes ago, I encountered a BFR for the first time and I have to say it looks ridiculously out of place in this game. It's a giant mech that has the ability to jump over walls!?? WTF? It also killed me from a very large distance away. What is the deal with these things? What are there counters?

If this game ever goes F2P I am in favor of removing BFRs permanently. They just do not seem to fit into the overall flow of this game, not to mention they look ridiculous.
Old 2013-01-06, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Crator
Major General

Re: BFRs WTF!!??

One of the most hated additions to PS1 was BFRs. Many left the game due to them. And they were much more unbalanced when they first released them then they are now.

You can throw EMP nades at them to make it so they can't jump and run very slow. Hitting the glowing box on the back of them will kill them quickly as well.
Old 2013-01-06, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
RykerStruvian
Staff Sergeant

decis work well on those rofl...i never could pull it off myself but saw it many times...
Old 2013-01-07, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Facts
Private

boomer traps work well as a cloaker too. took a number of them down with boomer piles.
Old 2013-01-08, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Figment
Lieutenant General

5 mines at their feat for great justice.

Zigs will be moved.
Old 2013-01-08, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Realistically, BFR's are impossible to kill without them walking into traps, or having multiple people keeping it jammered and using AV on it. Killing one by yourself is possible, but generally requires the pilot to a retard or walk into the aforementioned trap.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2013-01-08, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Figment
Lieutenant General

Or OS.
Old 2013-01-09, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Facts
Private

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Realistically, BFR's are impossible to kill without them walking into traps, or having multiple people keeping it jammered and using AV on it. Killing one by yourself is possible, but generally requires the pilot to a retard or walk into the aforementioned trap.

It's implied that biffer users are retarded.
Old 2013-01-09, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Wahooo
Captain

I kept going back to check the dates on all these posts. Funny I could have sworn it was a 7 year old necro.

There are ways of dealing with them as many have said. There are a lot of folks who have success soloing with emp nades and deci's. Personally I have had more luck with mines.
I have no idea how viable it is anymore population wise but some of the most fun you can ever have is a group in a phantasm dropping onto them. It is damn near instant death, and the best was the rage hate tells when you took them out seconds after they spawned so they were on a timer.
Old 2013-01-09, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
DeltaRise
Private

BFRs suck.

Last edited by DeltaRise; 2013-01-09 at 11:35 PM. Reason: derp
Old 2013-01-10, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

The main problem with BFRs is that they give too much player to one individual player. That's the problem with most vehicles that are deemed OP in PS (Reavers, Mosquitos, Switchblades, Flails).

It's stupid to give a Vehicle designed for an individual more power than a vehicle that requires multiple people. The whole point of the game is that there's thousands of people playing together.

Funny how they ended up taking that route (individual power vehicles) in PS2 and turned out to be a shit heap of a game. Absolutely fucking retarded.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2013-01-10, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
Funny how they ended up taking that route (individual power vehicles) in PS2 and turned out to be a shit heap of a game. Absolutely fucking retarded.
"But it's moar funz foar teh solo-driver!"

Screw the solo driver, this is a mmo, not a single player game. Only infantry and light units are weak enough that they might be allowed to solo.
Old 2013-01-10, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
"But it's moar funz foar teh solo-driver!"

Screw the solo driver, this is a mmo, not a single player game. Only infantry and light units are weak enough that they might be allowed to solo.
Like.....the logic behind it isn't even sound.

It's an MMO, presumably, there's going to be no shortage of people to gun your tank. Just.....WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

SOE has such backward logic on so many things it's mind blowing. I honestly think that SOE creates games and then purposely fucks them up as some sort of sick and twisted test to see how much money they can get out of dumb people. They definitely got a lot out of me for PS1, but I'm never spending money on any other SOE again. Just horrible, horrible management. Endless lies and broken promises. They're definitely up there as one of the worst companies when it comes to decision making and implementing of content. I've never seen a company have such a consistent record with their errors of judgment.

Well...Maybe Capcom, but luckily I don't play too many of their games.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON

Last edited by Death2All; 2013-01-10 at 08:20 AM.
Old 2013-01-10, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
Like.....the logic behind it isn't even sound.

It's an MMO, presumably, there's going to be no shortage of people to gun your tank. Just.....WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

SOE has such backward logic on so many things it's mind blowing. I honestly think that SOE creates games and then purposely fucks them up as some sort of sick and twisted test to see how much money they can get out of dumb people. They definitely got a lot out of me for PS1, but I'm never spending money on any other SOE again. Just horrible, horrible management. Endless lies and broken promises. They're definitely up there as one of the worst companies when it comes to decision making and implementing of content. I've never seen a company have such a consistent record with their errors of judgment.

Well...Maybe Capcom, but luckily I don't play too many of their games.
Agreed 1000 percent.
Old 2013-01-17, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Secant
Private

The only way BFR's would've ever made sense is as a CR6 special ability like...once a day if that. Not pilotable. Just a moderately capable AI that maybe you can set the goal position of. Orbital drop a BFR of your preferred configuration onto the battlefield like a giant walking spitfire turret; at least it wouldn't be possible to abuse the piss out of them. Maybe keep an AMS-bubble-range calldown restriction as well...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion