The Coalition: A Multi-Outfit, Multi-Community International Group - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma is omniscent.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment

Old 2012-06-25, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ambient
Private

Post The Coalition: A Multi-Outfit, Multi-Community International Group

The Coalition
Fancy frontpage: http://www.coalitiongaming.org
Low-bandwidth direct forum link: http://forums.coalitiongaming.org
Basic Info:

Time zone: Predominantly US but we have players in the UK, Europe, and Eastern Asia
Faction: Yet to be decided, varies per community involved.
Server Location: US East will likely be our primary.
Short description: We are a 7 year old community comprised of various communities. Our core members have played a variety of games and are generally in their 20s. We are affiliated with the communities of AGN (Agents Gaming Network, so named before Auraxis Global Network :P), DARK, Delta Triad and New Conglomerate Special Forces
Member Target: Mature, fun individuals

History:

The community has its roots in Planetside and was formed in late 2004/early 2005 by Ambient (myself) AKA AmbientOSX for the purposes of uniting the best snipers on the Original Planetside's EMERALD server. This group forms the core of our community to this day. We’ve played Planetside, UT2004, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, APB, Age of Conan, Space Cowboy, Transformice, League of Legends, Diablo 3, Battlefield 3... and many more games together. Our member base has played pretty much every game you can imagine.

The Coalition was formed a number of years ago to facilitate member sharing between prominent groups from the original Planetside. We are not a merger; simply a conglomeration (read: coalition) of groups looking to find like minded individuals to game with.

Our Approach to PS2:

We will do whatever is most fun and most effective. Saying that our outfit(s) will only do X, Y or Z thing seems pretty silly to us at this point, especially since we don’t know how gameplay will work. We’ll play fair, but we’ll never be afraid to get a little bit dirty (think plasma in the old Planetside or perhaps AA). This isn’t a popular opinion even within our own ranks at times - we’re no strangers to the concept of e-honor. That said, lets be honest, we are playing a game and we are playing to have fun/beat other empires. We’ll do that however we can.

What We Offer:

We are a community of communities so we offer everything. You can play however you want and fit into whatever group suits your playstyle best. We have a very robust website and are continually adding features to it. We have benefits for active members, perks for members who financially support the group, and we are ramping up the events we run constantly.

A big plus: WE ARE CURRENTLY PLAYING OTHER GAMES! (Diablo 3, Battlefield 3, League of Legends) Planetside 2 will be great, but it will not be your life immediately nor indefinitely. The idea of joining a community centers around finding a group of players in this crazy world of online PC gaming that you can stay with throughout the tempest that is changing games/games dying/new games coming out.

Join us in any other game we’re currently playing (Diablo 3, Battlefield 3, Eve Online, World of Warcraft) or game we intend to play (PS2, GW2) and you’ll see why this is awesome.

Who We Want:

We want players who are mature, who want to have fun. We’ll give almost anyone a shot at membership. Be courteous, be fairly politically correct... but most of all just have a good sense of self. Oh, also, motivated players looking to improve our community/put in some work to make it better/provide some leadership are always a plus.

WE ARE ALSO RECRUITING COMMUNITIES! Think about The Coalition as a force-multiplier for your existing community. WE ARE NOT A MERGER. We simply provide assets that you can take advantage of and a growing userbase that your players can interact with in a growing number of games. The more communities that join, the more members we’ll have, the better our events will be, the greater our impact in games, and the more fun that will be had overall.

Rules:

Don’t be stupid. Be mature. Think about how you’re acting. Our rules are pretty simple.

Want to join?

So many ways to go about it. You could fill out an app here: http://forums.coalitiongaming.org/form/?n=2 or you could talk to one of our active managers/officers on xfire (ambientx, borisgt, rienholt, killsh0tz) or you could just make an intro post on our boards or you could register on our forums and then login to our (Mumble) voice server at voice.coalitiongaming.org:9000 with your forum username/password and just start playing with us. Or you could shoot me a private message here. Or you could talk to me on Skype (AmbientOSX). Or you could come to my house at... haha nope maybe not that way.

Want to know more?

Post here and we’ll tell you whatever you need to know.

Last edited by Ambient; 2012-07-13 at 07:04 PM.
Old 2012-06-26, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
HavokZzz
Private

Misc Info
Re: The Coalition: A Multi-Outfit, Multi-Community International Group

You'll also receive a lifetime supply of hexagons and Lucky Charms marshmallows.
Old 2012-06-26, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

The only way I will sign up is if it's multi-cultural as well.
Old 2012-06-26, 04:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ambient
Private

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
The only way I will sign up is if it's multi-cultural as well.
Multi-threaded, multiplicative, multi-cultural... we deal in multiple buzzwords, possibly every buzzword

Last edited by Ambient; 2012-06-26 at 04:11 AM.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
BorisGT
Private

Misc Info

I can assure you that we are at the very least Multi-Grain.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
CheeZeX
Corporal

Bump for Coalition.

This was a fantastic Planetside1 outfit, and IS an amazing community.
It's been my pleasure being one of them for many years.
Old 2012-06-26, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Is this potentially a multifaction organization?

Old 2012-06-26, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Duddy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
We've certainly been affiliated and played on multiple empires in the past, but how that works going forward I don't think we could tell you for sure.

Come stop by and say hello though! Enjoy our stupidly fast and accessible site/forums.

Also, ninja'd our logo for a sig.
Old 2012-06-26, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
rienholt
Private

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
Come stop by and say hello though! Enjoy our stupidly fast and accessible site/forums.
Needs to be faster IMO. A 1.2 second load time for some one who has never been there is unacceptable. Needs to be more like .4 seconds.
Old 2012-06-26, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
CheeZeX
Corporal

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
We do have ties to other faction outfits. If you view our website you will see we had dedicated pages that link to other outfits from both VS and NC (hence, Coalition).

I'm sure there will be some form of cooperation and opportunities for multi-faction outfits to work together.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
BorisGT
Private

Misc Info

As we are, by design, a community of communities, it is only natural that we would span all factions in Planetside.

The goals of The Coalition aren't strictly in-game. By uniting groups of players with like goals and interests, even when those groups typically blow each other up with tanks, we offer opportunities to cross pollinate and expand our gaming groups outside of any particular game to new games or media ventures with new friends.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Fascinating

[/Spock]

Old 2012-06-26, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Vhalor
Private

Great community, long history of playing together... and pretty much the most excited people for PS2.

Also Boris I love you.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
HavokZzz
Private

Misc Info

How could you ever resist a recruitment thread tagged with hamsters!
Old 2012-06-27, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ADangHoopSnake
Private

We'll definitely be on for the free month, we'll probably be playing TR under Agents. Come shoot at us and call us bad

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment