Nerf the NC MAX. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got some time on your hands? Wait, nevermind, why else are you here?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-05, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Dragonskin
Major

Re: Nerf the NC MAX.

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
Uh yeah.. No problem, smart players outrun me all the time. I only kill the stupid ones in masses.

.sent via phone.
Smart players could kill Magriders pre-nerf. What is your arguement again? Magriders only reliably killed stupid players. Again, no need for logic in this debate. It's as simple as nerf it because people want it nerfed.

The agruement shouldn't be logical because smart players can always take the situation to their advantage and kill whatever they are faced against. The arguement should be for dumbing down the game more because stupid people can't counter things... like the magriders, ESFs or Trac-5. That's how it works. SOE started nerfing because the playerbase wanted it. Now the cycle must continue until all players are happy and all factions are identical... we wouldn't want to try to breed smarter players or anything.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Smart players could kill Magriders pre-nerf. What is your arguement again? Magriders only reliably killed stupid players. Again, no need for logic in this debate. It's as simple as nerf it because people want it nerfed.

The agruement shouldn't be logical because smart players can always take the situation to their advantage and kill whatever they are faced against. The arguement should be for dumbing down the game more because stupid people can't counter things... like the magriders, ESFs or Trac-5. That's how it works. SOE started nerfing because the playerbase wanted it. Now the cycle must continue until all players are happy and all factions are identical... we wouldn't want to try to breed smarter players or anything.
That's just wrong and you know it. There was no real way to outsmart a Magrider, it had no real weakness, on range it was much better than everything else and close up it was just as good as the others because the front armor would always face you. That's the difference between op and balanced.
The nc max definitely has huge downsides and it's really easy to keep a distance. Stop pulling the Magrider into this discussion, it has nothing to do with it.

.sent via phone.

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2013-02-05 at 10:23 AM.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Old 2013-02-05, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

That's just wrong and you know it. There was no real way to outsmart a Magrider, it had no real weakness, on range it was much better than everything else and close up it was just as good as the others because the front armor would always face you. That's the difference between op and balanced. The nc max definitely has huge downsides and it's really easy to keep a distance. Stop pulling the Magrider into this discussion, it has nothing to do with it.

.sent via phone.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Dragonskin
Major

That's just wrong and you know it. There was no real way to outsmart a Magrider, it had no real weakness, on range it was much better than everything else and close up it was just as good as the others because the front arbor would always face you. That's the difference between op and balanced. The nc max definitely has huge downsides and it's really easy to keep a distance. Stop pulling the Magrider into this discussion, it has nothing to do with it.

.sent via phone.
Um... you are NC... I don't want to hear about your vanguards against a magrider. You aren't limited in firing on your targets according to terrain since your turret is mounted on top. You have an ability to absorb damage so that you don't die as easily and your turrets do more damage per shot than a magrider... as well has having better overall armor than a magrider.

It's rare to see a vanguard tank use the shield. If they do they win in a 1v1 against a magrider hands down. I can count on 1 hand how many times I have seen the NC shield on a vanguard activated. I bet most NC don't even have it certed.

It has everything to do with the conversation. Because people are too stupid to use the vanguard to its strengths they got the magrider nerfed. If you watch Levelcap or other higher skill capped players then you can see him tear threw magriders with his vanguard.

So again... we are arguing for the game to be dumbed down more because people are stupid so uniqueness has to be destroyed.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Um... you are NC... I don't want to hear about your vanguards against a magrider. You aren't limited in firing on your targets according to terrain since your turret is mounted on top. You have an ability to absorb damage so that you don't die as easily and your turrets do more damage per shot than a magrider... as well has having better overall armor than a magrider.

It's rare to see a vanguard tank use the shield. If they do they win in a 1v1 against a magrider hands down. I can count on 1 hand how many times I have seen the NC shield on a vanguard activated. I bet most NC don't even have it certed.

It has everything to do with the conversation. Because people are too stupid to use the vanguard to its strengths they got the magrider nerfed. If you watch Levelcap or other higher skill capped players then you can see him tear threw magriders with his vanguard.

So again... we are arguing for the game to be dumbed down more because people are stupid so uniqueness has to be destroyed.
For a tank to be balanced it must be killable by both smart and stupid players alike across all factions. The mag had a distinct advantage (still does in many situations). Also the vanguard aim is effected by terrain.

To the thread.

NC max units are fine and only good at CQB the lack the versatility of the TR and VS.

If you want to nerf something how about we give the default trac 5 some recoil.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Your vid highlights DPS over time vs burst damage against targets with a larger HP pool. What are you trying to prove?

Put a infantry dude in front of that scattermax and press left + right mouse buttons at the same time. What happens then?

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-02-05 at 10:40 AM.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
NC max units are fine and only good at CQB the lack the versatility of the TR and VS.
What exactly is the VS max good at? What can it do that TR and NC can't do better?
Old 2013-02-05, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I'm surprised this thread isn't bitching about the Dual Falcon MAX tbh. Nobody honestly thinks you should be able to survive in CQB against a pissed off Smurf with two shotguns.

Old 2013-02-05, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

The shield only lasts 4 seconds, dragonskin. Now stop talking about tanks if you want to talk about maxes.

.sent via phone.

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2013-02-05 at 10:45 AM.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

As said before, the NC Scat-MAX is not OP. Engage at range and kill it. If you are unfortunate enough to let it get close, you will likely die. All MAX's need a slight buff vrs. small arms, the current game play mechanic of MAX vrs. damage from explosives, rockets and cannon is just about perfect. I would suggest making MAX's impervious to all small arms except for the Mini Chain Gun, Lasher and the Jackhammer. Heavy Assault weaponry should be the only infantry class to damage a MAX, excepting explosives of course.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Dragonskin
Major

The shield only lasts 4 seconds, dragonskin. Now stop talking about tanks if you want to talk about maxes.

.sent via phone.
4 seconds is enough to completely negate 1 shot. Since the vanguard only needs 3 shots to land to kill a magrider then that makes all the difference.

Like I said previously.. only agreeing with the OP because people can't use strengths and weaknesses properly in the game. So why can't we nerf more things that have clear counters to them because people are too lazy to figure out or use properly?

I am talking about maxes too. Are you not reading the rest of my posts? What does a VS max do that is unique or an advantage that the NC or TR can not do?
Old 2013-02-05, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by PurpleOtter View Post
As said before, the NC Scat-MAX is not OP. Engage at range and kill it. If you are unfortunate enough to let it get close, you will likely die. All MAX's need a slight buff vrs. small arms, the current game play mechanic of MAX vrs. damage from explosives, rockets and cannon is just about perfect. I would suggest making MAX's impervious to all small arms except for the Mini Chain Gun, Lasher and the Jackhammer. Heavy Assault weaponry should be the only infantry class to damage a MAX, excepting explosives of course.
I actually agree with this, but the problem is that people can't figure out how to play the game already. In beta I could have sworn that the MAXes were a lot more resistant to small arms fire. I used to be scared of them as infantry.
Old 2013-02-05, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
superseohyun
Private

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
uploaded Sep 3, 2012

WOW
Old 2013-02-05, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Keep scissors sharp, rocks hard, and paper thin. Homogenization is for milk.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion