Time to Kill(TTK) needs to be increased. - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where sarcasm is taken seriously!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-23, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Kerrec
Master Sergeant

Re: Time to Kill(TTK) needs to be increased.

Originally Posted by Mietz View Post
So what you are saying is, you have higher accuracy with sniper rifles, by ~15%.
Is that because you become a different player with a sniper rifle? Does your skill increase with a sniper rifle?

You failed to address my argument: The accuracy statistic is worthless because it tracks bullet fired vs bullet impact and not actually engagements.

My point still stands, the accuracy statistic is worthless in judging how much a player -actually- misses. Your fee fees about how much you miss aren't really that important here.

PS: Suppressive fire as in actually suppressive fire, not the stupid BF3 mechanic you munchkin.
You never saw a spawn-room being camped with dudes constantly unloading their guns/turrets/tanks at the shielded exits? Go on youtube/twitch and pick any video, there you go. If in doubt, go to a Biolab and experience it first hand.
The accuracy statistic is not entirely worthless. If someone spends more time shooting at ceilings than shooting at enemies, I'd be shocked. Your argument may account for another 10%, but not 50%. 70% accuracy is absurd.

My sniper rifle argument shows that my accuracy DOUBLES. I go from 26% with something like a Jaguar, to 47% with the RAMS .50. And the majority of my sniper rifle kills are headshots, so I don't have an issue with "aiming".

The reason my sniper rifle accuracy is double my carbine accuracy is I don't have to deal with Cone of Fire, Bloom or Recoil. All those affect accuracy, which lead to 3 in 4 shots missing, averaged out, considering all the different range engagements I undertake.

An average accounts for EVERYTHING. Long range, Mid range, Short Range, shooting at ceilings, shooting at ESF's, etc...

As for your spawnroom camping argument, I see HE or other explosive spam "suppressing" doorways, not bullets. Even if you have some people that empty entire clips at spawn room shields regularly, those people will still spent MORE time shooting at actual targets they can hit. If you are so deadset against a global accuracy statistic, then go and look at individual weapon statistics. Look at carbine only accuracy. Look at AR only accuracy. Look at LMG only accuracy. Whatever you choose, it will NOT be near 50%, let alone 70%. The PS2 Players website is a gold mine for this kind of information. Go look at my statistics, or go look at people you think are actually good at the game. Whatever.

People shooting at ceilings may impact overall accuracy. Same with shooting at a spawnroom doorway (although from my experience, people don't shoot unless someone is about to cross the shield). Or shooting at an ESF (really! how much do you shoot at an ESF with your weapon? 1% of the time, maybe, if I'm being generous). The "weight" of these random occurances will be insignificant in the overall statistic.

Last edited by Kerrec; 2013-02-23 at 01:18 PM.
Old 2013-02-23, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
Agreed; I'm happy with the current "medium" TTK that we have now (it's not nearly as low as in COD) but wouldn't object to trying a small increase of up to 1/2 a second.

But things start to get silly if TTK goes too high; Firefall PvP a good example of this - jetpacking AoE spamfest that it is.
I don't agree that this is medium TTK. It may be higher enough than CoD to notice that it's higher but it's still low.

And as I said before it creeps lower every time they balance.

Now, one thing that I feel is important is that we not focus on pure bullet damage numbers. Maybe we step outside the term "TTK" when I say this but part of it is that weapons are too accurate in many situations, so much so that it remains possible to full auto someone sprinting 50+ meters away.
Old 2013-02-23, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Honestly, I think we should stop discussing this topic until SOE removes the ability to cheat by using no-recoil macros an aimbots, as they totally skew the debate.

There is simply no way one person with a Gaus SAW can kill me in 1 second from 300m away, while another person has to fire several times just to hit me, even though I am standing still...

Cheating is ruining this game. It also makes this debate entirely pointless.
Old 2013-02-23, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Rothnang
Major

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
There is simply no way one person with a Gaus SAW can kill me in 1 second from 300m away, while another person has to fire several times just to hit me, even though I am standing still...
Yea, there do seem to be people who can hit you at range quite easily. Especially noticeable when you're packing a battle rifle.
Old 2013-02-23, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Artimus
Master Sergeant

I did not take the time to read all the post's but if it has not been mentioned, the people who want a higher TTK why don't your cert into nanoweave armor or something along those lines.

P.s.
Alot of being able to shoot farther has alot to do with how you cert your weapon.

Last edited by Artimus; 2013-02-23 at 06:53 PM.
Old 2013-02-23, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
I did not take the time to read all the post's but if it has not been mentioned, the people who want a higher TTK why don't your cert into nanoweave armor or something along those lines.

P.s.
Alot of being able to shoot farther has alot to do with how you cert your weapon.
That's a useless comment since everybody is already using nanoweave or flak armor already. Obviously people STILL feel that they die too fast.

.sent via phone.
Old 2013-02-24, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I was watching a twitch streamer play ps2 for the first time last night. The guy isnt bad at fps games but you could see the mounting frustration as he insta-died from every conceivable angle. Planetside 2 is a very unforgiving game to newbs. I think ttk can be increased slightly.

This streamer only played ps2 for about thirty minutes before going back to the slower game style of arma 2.

Last edited by Sledgecrushr; 2013-02-24 at 09:12 AM.
Old 2013-02-24, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Stormhall

Why not just change the game to be like ArmA. Guns that have realistic ballistics and a crap ton of teamwork as well as super fast TTK.
Old 2013-02-24, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Kerrec
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I was watching a twitch streamer play ps2 for the first time last night. The guy isnt bad at fps games but you could see the mounting frustration as he insta-died from every conceivable angle. Planetside 2 is a very unforgiving game to newbs. I think ttk can be increased slightly.

This streamer only played ps2 for about thirty minutes before going back to the slower game style of arma 2.
I've played ARMA. It has "real" TTK. If that player put himself in a situation where he can be hit from "every conceivable angle", he be just as dead.
Old 2013-02-24, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Artimus View Post

P.s.
Yes let us assume a group of people is too dumb to understand and know the game's ingame available options and that nanoweave fixes everything even if it doesn't help in general but only in specific long term situations.

Maybe you should first understand the issue before pretending there might be a solution in game? If it was a solution, don't you think we would use it an not complain?

Last edited by Figment; 2013-02-24 at 05:14 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion