New Map/Deploy screen - Thoughts? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So I can just type anything and it will show up here
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-19, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Silent Thunder
Staff Sergeant

Re: New Map/Deploy screen - Thoughts?

I am glad for the Instant action change, if only because the way it was before a good fight could instantly have its back broken by a medium/large outfit abusing the instant action to droppod 30-40 guys behind the defensive lines with no real way to stop it from happening.
Old 2013-03-19, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rolfski
Major

It's an improvement but not there yet. Information like continent population and enemy activity is just too important to be hidden behind a drop-down.
Old 2013-03-19, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Micro
Sergeant Major

I know you guys probably want the feedback constructive but I cannot keep it that way. HATE IT. (except for the instant action change)
Like, NO!
Old 2013-03-19, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

I hate that the continental information takes extra clicks now. Before, you could see at a glance who owns what continent. Now you have to go in a drop-down menu to select the continent, and only then do you see who owns it. Further complicated things is that the drop-down list order changes depending on which continent you have selected, which is very annoying! The old way with mini icons of each continent was perfect.
Old 2013-03-19, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
I dont mind the look of the screen so much but the functionality of the instant action has made me cut back on those quick gaming sessions.
If I had 30-60mins free I liked the ability to decide where I wanted to play based on the deploy choices made available to me.

Its even made it harder to get someone you are showing the game to spawn in the same spot as you and get into a fight asap, together.

Now its just hit and miss and I cbf.
^ this

It's the lack of choice of instant action that I really don't like, a big backwards step in my opinion.

I've hit the random instant action a couple of times with random and disappointing results - a biolab that was surrounded and about to be lost, and some out of the way outpost on another continent -I don't call ghost capping somewhere I don't want to be "instant action". Waste of time.

Pity; was great drop podding into action of my choice. And taking on the people drop podding onto the tower of The Crown was an art form in itself; sadly missed.

Other than that, the new map is OK; but no more than that. Damned with faint praise.
Old 2013-03-19, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
NotTheMomma
Corporal

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
I am also requesting a new feature to the spawn beacon, mouse 2 or select fire = self destruct, in public squads, sometimes people spawn at the beacon that I placed in the last base, 2 km away, because I didn´t have the opportunity to place a new one in the base, so an option so self destruct it is welcome.
Now that is a super good idea (not that I can spawn on a beacon, unless that got fixed). This wouldn't be a benefit solely to pubbers; we usually have casual outfit squads up at least 12 hours out of the day, and people are logging in and joining the platoon regularly.
Old 2013-03-19, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Falcon_br
Captain

I was talking to my outfit today, the squad beacon deploy is not only bugged to me, it is to everyone.
But I already figured out how to deploy on it and most people are already aware of how to do it.
Just double click on it (maybe more clicks) on the map and you will spawn.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion