I'm deconstructing every vehicle I'm in before it dies. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It has farms, too!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-21, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Assist
Contributor
Major

I'm deconstructing every vehicle I'm in before it dies.

Because every other jackass on Waterson is doing it. Fought nothing but NC today and I'd bet 1/3rd of the vehicles that I had on fire were decon'd before I could finish them off. Tired of being denied XP by a moronic feature. Just take the damn deconstruct option away Higby!@
Old 2013-03-21, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
Re: I'm deconstructing every vehicle I'm in before it dies.

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Because every other jackass on Waterson is doing it. Fought nothing but NC today and I'd bet 1/3rd of the vehicles that I had on fire were decon'd before I could finish them off. Tired of being denied XP by a moronic feature. Just take the damn deconstruct option away Higby!@
make deconstructing take significantly longer, if anything.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-03-21, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rothnang
Major

Yea, 10 seconds to deconstruct, and the deconstruct is interrupted if you take damage during.
Old 2013-03-21, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

How does deconstruction improve the game in any way?
Old 2013-03-21, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rothnang
Major

It allows you to get rid of a vehicle that you no longer want.

It makes perfect sense to be able to deconstruct an unused vehicle, it would also be nice if you could get some resources back for doing so, the only problem with it is that you shouldn't be able to do it while under attack.
Old 2013-03-21, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SturmovikDrakon
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
make deconstructing take significantly longer, if anything.
Or make it only an available option when you've been out of combat for a certain time, starting from when you were last shot at. 20 seconds seems about right.
Old 2013-03-21, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dragonskin
Major

I agree that it needs to be changed. Change it so you can only deconstruct a vehicle that hasn't taken damage in the last 15 seconds and make it require 10 seconds to deconstruct once initiated.

I've even fought some NC vanguards that will run off behind a hill at low HP and decon their damn tanks. I am sure other factions do it too, but on Waterson it really does seem to be NC doing it a lot.
Old 2013-03-21, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I have to admit that after being on the end of some ninja deconstructs I've started doing the same the few times I've been in a vehicle.
Some people must have it macro'd tho, they are doing it so fast.

Just make it happen 10secs slower and if its at full health give some resources back.

Anyway, I wont be doing it any more whether others do it or not, it just counter productive.
Old 2013-03-21, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I agree, mofo's need to recognize when they're beat and just give up their damn points.

If you're going to jump out of a burning tank, use the smoke to cover your escape.

Deconning out of spite makes people want to cut off certain parts of your body, stick it in a beer bottle, shove it up your ass and kick you in the pelvis until the sweet release of death kicks in. (That analogy is not directed at anyone in particular)

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-03-22, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Koadster
Sergeant Major

You forgot /suicide. So if your on a good kill streak the enemy wont get a huge hunk of exp if they are about to kill you.

Yeah things like this need to be removed. Biggest on is ESFs.. You should only be able to exit a ESF when its resting on the ground with <5 kmph speed. Otherwise you will get the 'All exits are blocked' but also give kill credit to someone who has damaged someone else more then X% so if they still crash into the ground you get points.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-22, 01:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Silent Thunder
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
You forgot /suicide. So if your on a good kill streak the enemy wont get a huge hunk of exp if they are about to kill you.

Yeah things like this need to be removed. Biggest on is ESFs.. You should only be able to exit a ESF when its resting on the ground with <5 kmph speed. Otherwise you will get the 'All exits are blocked' but also give kill credit to someone who has damaged someone else more then X% so if they still crash into the ground you get points.
Hell I'd be for locking people into the ESF only because of how often I've accidentially bailed from the thing, it's frightning how often really....
Old 2013-03-22, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

I don't get why should get XP for killing an empty vehicle anyways. I think that's only in place to have more numbers pop up on your screen and give you the illusion you're doing something. I understand if you destroy an empty vehicle and the explosion kills people caught in the blast radius ala PS1, but I don't get what killing an empty vehicle really did or why you should be rewarded for it. And it's not like you get a lot of XP for doing it anyways.

Sounds like something a noob would be upset over.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2013-03-22, 02:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Falcon_br
Captain

I am tired of using the specific anti air rocket launcher.
You take 40% of health each shot, you can easily hit 2 after the enemy has used this flares.
When the second one hit, he lose control and hit the ground.
9/10 dead reavers I shot down, I didn't got the kill.

I never desconstructed anything, but I am tired of hitting 2 rockets in a sunderer after killing the pilot that was out to repair just to see it deconstructing before I can finish it off.

Also, some people do land their esf when they are losing and desconstruct it, when I am using a pure a2a build, this really piss me off.
Old 2013-03-22, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Canaris
Contributor
General

both deconstruct and /suicide needs to be sorted out, give decon a longer timer and just remove the other. We have redeploy now so it is redundant.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-03-22, 03:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
both deconstruct and /suicide needs to be sorted out, give decon a longer timer and just remove the other. We have redeploy now so it is redundant.
We've always had redeploy, but now its even easier to use. So the only reason /suicide exists is to troll people.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion