It's not fun to be VS on Waterson. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pour Some Shookup Ramen!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-24, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Dragonskin
Major

Re: It's not fun to be VS on Waterson.

I started out as VS and spent a lot of SC on my VS character, but I just can't play him any more. I got tired of the lasers which really was they reason I started with them. I originally felt they were the only faction to feel SciFi.

Now I just like the TR weapons. They sound right. They feel right. I like the bullet shells flying out as the bullets are expended instead of " I NEED MORE BATTERIES!!"... The only thing I miss about the VS is the Scythe.. I still like it over the Mossie. Otherwise the TR is much more my style which I didn't really play them until some time late January even though I had this character since like December.
Old 2013-03-24, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by basti View Post
You need a fix?

Form an alliance. Get a website + TS3 going, get other Outfits on board of your alliance, coordinate between each other, roll to Esamir and Amerish togeter, have a fun time.
This is what our Outfit has started doing.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-03-24, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
I started out as VS and spent a lot of SC on my VS character, but I just can't play him any more. I got tired of the lasers which really was they reason I started with them. I originally felt they were the only faction to feel SciFi.

Now I just like the TR weapons. They sound right. They feel right. I like the bullet shells flying out as the bullets are expended instead of " I NEED MORE BATTERIES!!"... The only thing I miss about the VS is the Scythe.. I still like it over the Mossie. Otherwise the TR is much more my style which I didn't really play them until some time late January even though I had this character since like December.
I played Vanu in PS1, and unfortunately in PS2 they just aren't appealing to aside from nostalgia. They don't remind me of Vanu, they don't look alien, nor bad ass in the slightest. The new SMGs are cool but the older weapons are boring for the most part. I don't like having a stationary turret on my tank. The lasher looks and sounds boring, and have a very small and boring niche. Allot of weapons don't sound or feel powerful. Spandex instead if armor ill never understand.
Old 2013-03-24, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Obstruction
First Sergeant

this seems to be a combination "strategic metagame" and roleplaying thread. i say roleplaying because you're projecting your characters desires as a soldier to "get things done" or "keep them from taking our land".

in other words you haven't caught on to farming yet and how the flow of battle moves across the map and back. you are probably choosing to fight always on the defense which obviously sucks really bad in PS2.

that's why it's also a SM thread because here's the fact: everyone goes back to indar when one group gets enough pop on another continent to steamroll. because then you can fight on the offense again and not get steamrolled.

get it?

maybe as the game develops more over the course of the year it will make more sense. i hope so. but for right now i feel sorry for people who are "trying to accomplish something" that isn't building your toons for later when the real game emerges.

it won't be pretty to not have developed infantry classes because you were always trying to defend some tech plant that they clearly updated to be indefensible.
Old 2013-03-24, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Falcon_br
Captain

This week I played on defense of Esamir only, it was like 1 capture each 15 defense I got.
Spent all my mines and c4, grenades, on defense, got a k/d over 2 all the time.
It was much better them just piloting a liberator and getting no kills.
The problem is, my outfit got tired of this, they have a point, it is just a matter of time until we are overrun, they say the feeling is like playing last stand games, you kill, you kill, but the outcome will always be the same, we die.
The biggest complain is that the enemy always got armor and air superiority, well, that's why we place mines and got anti air maxes. Also this is the meaning of a Zerg, too bad some of my outfit members didn't play Starcraft.
Well, we did hold mani bio lab for 2 days, but in the end, the outcome is always the same, in the next day we will need to re conquerer everything.
Got Amerish on Saturday, got Amerish today, I am just tired of getting Amerish, or defending Esamir or lagging on Indar. Time to play another game.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-03-25, 04:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
This is what our Outfit has started doing.
Ooh, Hamma, get in touch with craigr910!

The Angry Army as a whole might not endorse the idea of Alliances, but Craig is our most active Squad Leader and is usually willing to thrown in with any organized effort.

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
maybe as the game develops more over the course of the year it will make more sense. i hope so. but for right now i feel sorry for people who are "trying to accomplish something" that isn't building your toons for later when the real game emerges.
...Maybe some of us are playing this like a Strategic Shooter instead of a boring MMO Grindfest where the only skill you need is the patience/cash to get top end loot and the ability to write "I Win" macros...

...You wouldn't happen to be from DVS would you?
Old 2013-03-25, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

On Cobalt the VS do well, although it's not unusual for us to be a bit lower in population.

And yeah, I'd agree that the look and feel of the Vanu puts a lot of players off. I only play as VS because they were my faction in PS1, and I'm fanatically loyal to them as a result. And TBH I only played them in PS1 because they were the smallest faction there as well, and I love underdogs

Our armour looks pretty crappy compared to the other factions, and our guns are a bit too 'pew pew' to feel really satisfying in most cases. The trouble is, overhauling this now would be a lot of work, and fans of the other factions wouldn't be happy with us getting a shiny new look while they get nothing. So I guess we're stuck with it for now.

Although I think basing the XP bonus on your continent population rather than total server population makes sense as a way to encourage people to spread out onto Esamir and Amerish, I think having both a server pop bonus and separate cont pop bonus would make sense - and even if it doesn't balance the faction populations overall, at least it would compensate us Vanu for our dodgy design

Old 2013-03-25, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
this seems to be a combination "strategic metagame" and roleplaying thread. i say roleplaying because you're projecting your characters desires as a soldier to "get things done" or "keep them from taking our land".

in other words you haven't caught on to farming yet and how the flow of battle moves across the map and back. you are probably choosing to fight always on the defense which obviously sucks really bad in PS2.

that's why it's also a SM thread because here's the fact: everyone goes back to indar when one group gets enough pop on another continent to steamroll. because then you can fight on the offense again and not get steamrolled.

get it?

it won't be pretty to not have developed infantry classes because you were always trying to defend some tech plant that they clearly updated to be indefensible.
I get what you're saying, but you seem to be interpreting me as someone who doesn't play much and/or doesn't know what he's doing. The point of the thread was that it's simply not fun to be horribly outnumbered to the point that strategy doesn't matter.
You also have the misconception that farming certs/xp is based on being on Indar, which is wrong. Esamir and Amerish reward the same amount of certs, as it's all dependent on the number of enemies there. There's almost always platoons of enemies for the VS to fight on Esamir/Amerish, and if anything the best place to 'farm' would be Sungrey and Mani, as it's really tough for the enemy to take those bases if they're defended because of the close proximity to the warpgate.

I think you're looking at this as if Esamir/Amerish are empty of people to kill, and they're not on Waterson. Amerish almost always has a war between NC/TR, it's just the VS never have a presence.

Also, your comment is a little off base referring to me not knowing how to farm, or gain XP. I'm currently BR 92 and before I took an extended break from VS the 2nd week of January I was the 2nd highest(10 ranks above 3rd) on Waterson and pretty close to top 10 in the game for XP. Farming is one thing I know fairly well, certainly not the best at it, but to suggest I don't know how to efficiently level my character is just a touch off base. I always find it interesting that people argue that Indar is the best location for farming/XP when it's not and the amount of low ranks that sit at the Crown all day should be a good indication of how poor the XP/Hr is there. Just like before this vehicle XP change, a Dalton Liberator is still the best XP possible and they have the same efficiency on any continent.
Old 2013-03-25, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
And yeah, I'd agree that the look and feel of the Vanu puts a lot of players off. I only play as VS because they were my faction in PS1, and I'm fanatically loyal to them as a result. And TBH I only played them in PS1 because they were the smallest faction there as well, and I love underdogs

Our armour looks pretty crappy compared to the other factions, and our guns are a bit too 'pew pew' to feel really satisfying in most cases. The trouble is, overhauling this now would be a lot of work, and fans of the other factions wouldn't be happy with us getting a shiny new look while they get nothing. So I guess we're stuck with it for now.
Well why not make the Vanu Schism a sub-event part of another Empire Showdown, where new armors are given out as part of the promotion?

So the TR would get "Loyalist" armor, NC get "FREEDOM" armor, and the Vanu get badass "NuVanu" armor or foam-rubber and rainbow balloonicorn "Disturbed" armor depending on which side they're on.

Tobuscus can come back kayfabbing his removal up, playing the psychotic former Cult Head, while the new one takes on the persona of the cold intellectual who looks down on everyone.

Everybody gets something, rivalries are stoked, and the game gets sold to new players on it's true selling point, "BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF THE OTHER GUYS!"

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Although I think basing the XP bonus on your continent population rather than total server population makes sense as a way to encourage people to spread out onto Esamir and Amerish, I think having both a server pop bonus and separate cont pop bonus would make sense - and even if it doesn't balance the faction populations overall, at least it would compensate us Vanu for our dodgy design
True enough, it would also bolster moral for us Last Standers to stay to defend the Last Hex to the Last Man.
Old 2013-03-25, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

I support any effort to improve the VS population. I need more purple in my kill count.
Old 2013-03-26, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Falcon_br
Captain

Yeah, I am tired of fight NC on Bio Labs, fighting VS on biolabs is much more fun! You can use your max to rack up kills without meeting another maxes that rushes you and instant kill you and your eng, even with both shoting at him non stop.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion