Gameplay: Dividing the Empire Specific Fighter (ESF) into two vehicles? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ammo not included
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-02-17, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

Re: Dividing the Empire Specific Fighter (ESF) into two vehicles?

Originally Posted by GTheo View Post
This can be something that is achieved through certs. The 'hovercraft' you suggest is really what the gunship should be.

I do however think the 'Jet' should be more of a fast air with the ability to perform precision strikes in coordination with squad leaders. (laser designators, soflams and the like)

So really, just make the esf's faster and make attacking the ground harder, but when properly coordinated make it even more powerful. I cant fly and hate getting smashed by rocket pods but if the enemy are going to work as a team, designate my vehicle, and have a ESF do a strafe, I deserve to die, and they deserve the win.
The racer- or the hover-certs merely make the ESF even more versatile. Without either of these, the ESFs are still able to dart away at any sign of trouble, and they can also hover well enough to attack ground troops. The ESF is already a VTOL on steroids, and it doesn't really have any real weaknesses. Certs will not sufficiently balance this vehicle.

If SOE really wants to balance air, they should make an aircraft that is tasked (primarily) with keeping the skies clear. This would make for better dogfights and help counter Liberator dominance. And then they should make a hovercraft, which is great are killing infantry and tanks, but would be limited in terms of speed, making it vulnerable to ground troops firing back. In terms of effectiveness, this hovercraft would not be as lethal as an unchallenged liberator - but would be an aircraft that is useful much closer to the ground, and thus more suitable for working together with friendly ground troops.

Last edited by Memeotis; 2013-02-17 at 06:36 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault