News: GU07 Patch Notes - 4/18/13 - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The peanutbutter to your jelly
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-04-19, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: GU07 Patch Notes - 4/18/13

Originally Posted by Nur View Post
I am used to play with Blue allies and red enemies UI.

But now on the big map I see the allies in RED. If this is a change it is a BAD change. VERY BAD.
lol I see NC in Red, TR in Red & VS in Purple on my main map (yes before someone asks the colours are set to show TR in blue & enemies in Red )..... you're very correct Nur it ain't helpful at all.
Needs a hotfix.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-04-19, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

On my main map we are purple, nc is blue and tr is red. On my minimap and screen we are green, tr is red and nc is purple. So it is a bit distracting.
Old 2013-04-19, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
hammsammich
Private

Originally Posted by Nur View Post
I am used to play with Blue allies and red enemies UI.

But now on the big map I see the allies in RED. If this is a change it is a BAD change. VERY BAD.
The first time I played after the update I took out a few of my own before I realized it. I changed the colors back in the customization settings real quick. Then after that it showed allies in blue again but it still showed vehicles and turrets in red. I took out some poor engineers turret because of this.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Rolfski
Major

I've already made some poor judgments and send squads to wrong locations because of friendly vehicles showing up in red on the map. Extremely annoying.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
camycamera
Major

hey did anyone else notice the new animations for the pistol or bolt action sniper for the TR reload animations? they are much better, and SUPER badass. i like.

although, this patch was fucking buggy, the hotfix will fix the problems i had though (teleporting under the map...)
Old 2013-04-19, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

If anything the bane of my playtime is the NS-44 Commissioner. All it ever took was one or two headshots at my Tier-3 Nanoweave and shields at full strength and I was dead...

That happened almost all night.

Old 2013-04-19, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Hyncharas View Post
If anything the bane of my playtime is the NS-44 Commissioner. All it ever took was one or two headshots at my Tier-3 Nanoweave and shields at full strength and I was dead...

You can bet the nerfhammer will come down on them very soon after the initial 'OMG SO OP, MUST BUY' phase has died down and SOE has made a decent amount of $ from it.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-04-19, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
hey did anyone else notice the new animations for the pistol or bolt action sniper for the TR reload animations? they are much better, and SUPER badass. i like.

although, this patch was fucking buggy, the hotfix will fix the problems i had though (teleporting under the map...)
I didn't like the change, but I can live with it.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-19, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm just happy I can back up a Prowler instead of having to stop, turn around and THEN drive off (after I've spun in circles for a good 10 seconds).

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-04-19, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hyncharas View Post

You should be happy that your server has so many skilled players. Two headshots with commissioner isn't the easiest to achieve. I have a lot of experience from fps-games and I tried using commissioner as a primary weapon to test it out. It didn't go too well. I think my kd-ratio was around 1 at the time. It's more like "let's have fun" weapon. Try hard players do better with default pistols. Faster rof = more chance to kill. Even vs now that we got a tiny buff to beamer (and manticore). And pistols aren't even used much anyway.

Once the hype goes away, there won't be much situations where you actually are against the new pistols. New weapons are always spammed at first.
Old 2013-04-19, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
VGCS
Corporal

I almost never say this, but this Update really was a hit out of the park.

No Optimization issues this time. (except I seem to crash way too often when pulling a Sunderer out of vehicle Terms.... and ONLY a Sundy.... no other vehicles keep causing this crash).

The vehicle stability changes are AWESOME. I don't even think about popping an ESF now when I need to get somewhere fast. The Flash is handling SOOOOO much better now. The previous day I flipped mine over 6 times while driving fairly slow. Yesterday I played half the day before I even found out how the new flipping mechanic even works just b/c the Flash is so much more realistic and controllable now as opposed to the HaraKiri-Kart it used to be.

This coupled together with the previous improvements to climbing slopes by foot has made "getting around" in this game so much more enjoyable now. I'm actually spending more time just exploring mountains and paths and stuff than I am ghost capping now. It's the journey not the destination that's fun... that's exactly how any MMO should be played.

The HA unstacking of abilities was also very needed. Glad they ripped that bandaid off now instead of waiting things festered months from now.

+1 to this.... ...really the only grey cloud in any of this....
I think this thing is BUGGED. I put 4 MAG shot into some LA last night before he slowly turned around and INSTA KILLLED me with the Commissioner. My kneejerk reaction was "is he hacking??" But this was day one, there shouldn't even BE any working hacks day1 after a huge update like this. And I'm pretty sure this guy wasn't MLG pro either. Either the Damage / CollisionHulls are bugged on this new "hand cannon", or SOE just didn't playtest it properly. It's such a P2W "gimme" to the point that I woulda bought one myself on-the-spot if I had enough Station Cash transfered over.

Last edited by VGCS; 2013-04-19 at 06:50 PM.
Old 2013-04-19, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

I tested the commissioner out in the field.

I'd rather just use a carbine. The sucker is intended to be the KILL TEH ZOMBIES pistol in the way that the pump-actions are the KILL TEH ZOMBIES shotguns. I find it rather difficult to use effectively in a crowded situation. My recommendation is have it in your #2 slot when you are in the towers using your pump-actions and pull it out when you don't have time to reload the pump.
Old 2013-04-20, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
No need to report this 10 times a day.
Assuming its the "no HP" bug on spawn.
Wasnt the "no HP" on spawn bug they fixed, still exists even after the hotfix.
Old 2013-04-20, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
NC AF-18 Stalker, TR SOAS-20, VS Artemis
  • Minimum Damage: 112 at 65 meters changed to 125 at 65 meters
  • First Shot Recoil: 2.5 changed to 1.5
  • Recoil Recovery: 15 degrees per second changed to 18 degrees per
second
  • Magazine size: 20 changed to 24
  • Total Ammunition: 120 changed to 240
  • Short Reload: 2.25 seconds changed to 2 seconds (long reload remains same at 3 seconds)
  • Aimed Accuracy: 0.15 crouched moving, 0.25 stand moving changed to 0.2 crouched moving, 0.3 stand moving
  • Horizontal Recoil: 0.1 min, 0.3 max changed to 0.2 min, 0.225 max
  • Equip Time: 0.5 seconds changed to 0.75 seconds

Wiki Notes: http://pside.co/ps2gu07
So the SOAS-20 was on my list of VERY unhappy about purchases due to the SMG's making it absolutely obsolete. These changes put it closer to being useful in medium distance situations... outdoor or AMP station type stuff it could now be ALMOST more useful than the SMG... but it needs a touch more.

Who do we talk to to get an extended mag cert? I want an extended mag similar to SMG. Please?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion