wasp guide - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Life is Good, with Planetside atleast
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-07-19, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
PilotJack
Private

Hells yeah, love using the wasp it's awesome for xp. I'm just trying to get to 40 so it's easy to use.
Old 2012-07-19, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
jakaul
Sergeant

Re: wasp guide

Originally Posted by wraithverge View Post
meh, wasp is effective and fun. People who have a problem with it I highly recommend reading this article: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playi...n-part-1.html/
Not as a you should do this sort of thing, but more of an understanding of other mentalities. It's like getting hate tell for a punisher using an underslung grenade, prob my most amusing hate tell ever.
I guess dumbing the game down to level the playing field qualifies as fun for those that were unable to compete in the previous environment. The sad part is that developers often listen to the vocal minority who think everything in the game should dumbed down to the point that THEY can be as successful in the game as they want to be. Games shouldn't let everyone be successful, IMO. Skill SHOULD matter.
Old 2012-07-19, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
wraithverge
Sergeant

if you're that good with a mosquito, you should be untouchable in a wasp by that logic. Why aren't you using it?
Old 2012-07-19, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Real Pilots only use the Reaver and 20mm.

Old 2012-07-19, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
igster
Sergeant

just wanted to put in a bit of a reality check here....
this is a computer game....

you aren't a real pilot!!!

real pretend pilots do it with 20mm is much better
Old 2012-07-19, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
jakaul
Sergeant

if you're that good with a mosquito, you should be untouchable in a wasp by that logic. Why aren't you using it?
Because a reaver is a better killing machine for 2 certs.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by igster View Post
just wanted to put in a bit of a reality check here....
this is a computer game....

you aren't a real pilot!!!

real pretend pilots do it with 20mm is much better
No, I said it the way I intended.

Old 2012-07-22, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Wahooo
Captain

meh, wasp is effective and fun. People who have a problem with it I highly recommend reading this article: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playi...n-part-1.html/
Not as a you should do this sort of thing, but more of an understanding of other mentalities. It's like getting hate tell for a punisher using an underslung grenade, prob my most amusing hate tell ever.

That article and PS1 don't quite relate. Partly because the people saying "cheap" in PS aren't the scrubs and newbs but the people who want to have fun in a bit more of an e-sport type environment and kill each other on closer to even footing. In PS1 "cheap" are the skill-less kill you with no counter stuff.
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/po...id=88000028787

here is a thread that describes it very clearly what cheap versus fun is and why it is complained about. I've bitched about it in command chat plenty (months ago when hardly anyone was playing but meh) I'd rather play a shooter to SHOOT people, if all I wanted to do was change the colors of maps/circles i'd just open up MS paint and click on the paint bucket. Sadly there are just a lot of people who want to WIN and WIN easy in a game that allows that as some kind of accomplishment and I guess seems to be the goal... but isn't really what makes the game fun OR the point of playing.
Old 2012-07-22, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Wahooo View Post
That article and PS1 don't quite relate. Partly because the people saying "cheap" in PS aren't the scrubs and newbs but the people who want to have fun in a bit more of an e-sport type environment and kill each other on closer to even footing.
Except a scrub is someone who plays by their own artificial constraints.

Most of these people have no problem bailuring on a tower, 3rd person audio camping and exploiting ADAD strafing. Even more of them spend 90% of their time outside of bases in Reavers, you know, the single seat vehicle thats 2nd fastest (combat aircraft) in the game with the heaviest armour and most powerful weapons against ALL target types. Also that's fucking hilarious, 'e-sport type on an even footing', like I said above, they spend 90% of their time outside of bases in Reavers farming everything on the ground, sure sounds like they're trying for 'gud fites' right?

They're absolutely fine doing all that but the instant someone uses a Wasp against them... They are scrubs.

Also your 'play PS to shoot people' doesn't really hold either, since almost everyone says the shooting aspect is terrible/clunky etc, when if that's all you want to do, all the 'modern' FPS do that far better.

I've always wondered why people liked ToD'ing, farming kills in the same 10x20 metre layout hour after hour (in a game of PS1 scale, ie paying a subscription to play the PS equivalent of fy-iceworld.), saying they're helping the empire, the only problem with that is they're only 'helping' because of the stupidity of the enemy.

Last edited by Bobby Shaftoe; 2012-07-22 at 08:45 AM.
Old 2012-07-22, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Tulka
Private

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
Except a scrub is someone who plays by their own artificial constraints.
I thought a scrub was a guy that couldn't get no love

sorry it had to be done =P
Old 2012-07-23, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
jakaul
Sergeant

I don't blame any player for using the wasp. I do blame the developers for putting such a piece of annoying shit in the game.
Old 2012-07-23, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Noxey
Private

wasps are cancer of the sky
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion