Low FPS? Ailos' guide to having a better experience. - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Provided by: Al Gore, and the Internet.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-01-15, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Re: Low FPS? Ailos' guide to having a better experience.

Originally Posted by AlRicky View Post
Okay, this was weird. I was getting 5 to 6 fps with all settings on high and and the resolution set to 1920x1080. Next to the fps at the bottom was [gpu].I couldn't figure out what to do to fix it so after about 15 minutes and looking at your post, I decided to lower the resolution to 1680x1050. Fps went to 50 almost instantly. Changed it back to the highest resolution and it stayed the same, around 50 to 55. I have no idea what I did, but it's running fine now.
That's truly strange, but good thing it's fixed now.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-01-15, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

You have discovered the magic of computers, it seems. Sometimes we coders have the same effect generated by some kind of field around us... the bug don't seem to happen when we're looking over your shoulder...:what:

[Sent from the outskirts of the Oort cloud]
Old 2013-01-16, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by CyclesMcHurtz View Post
You have discovered the magic of computers, it seems. Sometimes we coders have the same effect generated by some kind of field around us... the bug don't seem to happen when we're looking over your shoulder...:what:

[Sent from the outskirts of the Oort cloud]
Heh. I've been in situations where I specifically assign a "0" value to something (not NULL), and when I subsequently refer back to the value, it would magically return to whatever it was before. That's when I start swearing that my code has become self-aware.

IronFist After Dark
Old 2013-01-16, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
karaperro
Private

Great job thx.

Last edited by karaperro; 2013-01-16 at 06:55 AM.
Old 2013-01-16, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Nalvasa
Private

First off I'd like to say a big thanks for putting together such a well thought out and thorough optimization guide. I tried writing one myself, but I found it was easier, and often yielded better results to just send people in the direction of this thread.

After reading the discussion here about what effect memory bandwidth has on the performance of the game, I did some testing on my own, and here are the results: Memory bandwidth; should you be concerned?. I just thought it might be of interest. You also have my full permission to include it in your guide in whichever way you wish, if you so desire.

/Nalv
Old 2013-01-17, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Nalvasa View Post
First off I'd like to say a big thanks for putting together such a well thought out and thorough optimization guide. I tried writing one myself, but I found it was easier, and often yielded better results to just send people in the direction of this thread.

After reading the discussion here about what effect memory bandwidth has on the performance of the game, I did some testing on my own, and here are the results: Memory bandwidth; should you be concerned?. I just thought it might be of interest. You also have my full permission to include it in your guide in whichever way you wish, if you so desire.

/Nalv
Great test! Thanks of the information. I'll add it to the guide. I also should be getting my 2133 kit sometime soon, so I'll see how much that actually improves my heavy combat experience.

IronFist After Dark

Last edited by Ailos; 2013-01-17 at 11:07 PM.
Old 2013-01-21, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Just posted a "V2" update of the guide. Was trying to add a few new things to the OP, but have reached the 19k character limit. Could I ask for someone to please close this one off, and please refer to the new post for updates.

IronFist After Dark
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum