Next Planetside Expansion (2nd Version) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where chia pwnz joo
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: What would be a good expansion?
Night and Day 1 5.26%
Space 7 36.84%
Naval (Underwater and surface) 6 31.58%
Cities (Urban Combat) 3 15.79%
One with just lots of new stuff (see below) 0 0%
Floating Bases (Giant Airships 1 5.26%
Other (please say below) 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-12-08, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
apachepilotpat

Question Next Planetside Expansion (2nd Version)

What would be a good expansion to planetside.
This is the second version of this thread.

Old 2003-12-08, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
apachepilotpat

A whole lot of new stuff is exeactly like it sounds. Empire specific aircraft, More empire specific weapons, a kama-kazi bomber, a flame thrower, new vehicles, and other stuff too.

Old 2003-12-08, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Searo
Second Lieutenant

Flame-thrower isn't going in, period. It was in in Alpha but they took it out due to its nickname, the "frame-raper". With a few of those going off, people couldn't move.
Old 2003-12-08, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jagd
Major

Just say no to "urban-style combat"!
Old 2003-12-08, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
I Hate Pants
General

I heard that the flamethrower caused hardcore lagg. True?

Anyways I would love to see space. Perhaps naval combat would be nice. But i'd still prefer space.
Old 2003-12-08, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

I don't want any expansions. When they make core combat worth $30, we'll talk.
Old 2003-12-08, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

This expansion better be free, because Core Combat blew fat sweaty donkey nuts. If I could get my money back I would. The Flail is the only worthwhile thing in there, and I don't even use it- it sure as fuck isn't worth thirty bucks. The modules are fine, because I don't go get them so they do what they are supposed to and don't factor in.

I went with Naval. The developers could expand the offshore power-loss zone to far offshore, that opens up about twice as much combat area as we have now, corpse combat not included (that's my vacation/relaxation spot). Simply pushing out the "You're too far out, Timmy!" zone will give room for underwater bases- and by underwater bases I *DON'T* mean right beneath the surface.

I'd like to be able to take a fully-loaded Galaxy and drop it on an offshore platform. I'd like to take a deep-sea submersible down beneath the surface and raid an underwater base. I think small surface craft would increase the value of the game. And don't make it some piss-ant motorboat with a machine gun. Give me a ship with five-inch cannons or better, that outstrips the range of all ground weaponry, making for offshore naval bombardments. Give me a submarine like BF1942, where you load up from a dock or the beach along with a squad (or even a platoon) and let me go a-raiding. And give me something to do, like bases and platforms with a purpose.
Old 2003-12-08, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

Free, that's a good one.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-08, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TeraHertz
Major

This has been asked already. The answer is : No expansion till they fix core combat.

Unless they make the next expansion free to us idiots who bought CC, any new expansion can f*** off.
Old 2003-12-09, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
apachepilotpat

space would be really cool
u could have satillites and they could have the ability to super zoom on bases to see what was happinin. U could also do a super hot drop to anywhere

Old 2003-12-09, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
insaneferret
Private

i'm want a space expansion, fighting over orbital platforms,

new areas will be quadrants of space with various obstacles like asteroids, have maybe 6 in a sphere around auraxis, seamless zones, no warpgates(north pole, N hemisphere 1 N hemisphere 2, south pole, S hemisphere 1 S hemisphere 2), wierd phenomena etc,

each empire has a home much larger space station with impressive defenses that can be attacked by enemy, captureable, but extremely difficult to hold as original empire will always have ability to hart up to it empire platforms will contain all the reasearch labs, living quarters, manufacturing facilities of that empire, enemy vehicles / weapons are available if you hack into them

bases analagous to orbital platforms

you'll get urban combat as there will be much fighting inside the orbital platforms, all platforms have artificial gravity -while the reactoris up and running

reactors of platforms must be powered with crystals gahthered in asteroid fields

support sattelites analagous to towers, contain spawns- repair pads

empire specific fighter craft that can also be taken down to the surface and used as regular aircraft, empire specific battleship (tank-like) common pool support craft for transports etc

platform shuttle service (hart like) links platforms for those without vehicles, works like a cannon that fires your drop pod anywhere

all soldiers have jetpacks for moving in zero-g (outside platforms / sattelits), can activate tractor beam to pull back to nearest friendly platform or can be fired to latch on to anything else, firing weapons gives recoil that throws you back soldiers

space maxes

VS space max- excessive jetpack energy, can fly about the place almost limitlessly

NC space max- shields / weak cloaking field, max will be slightly transparent

TR space max- stability boosters- no recoil from weapons -magnetiv boots can lock down on anything in zero g

Last edited by insaneferret; 2003-12-09 at 05:58 PM.
Old 2003-12-09, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Indecisive
Major General

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
This has been asked already. The answer is : No expansion till they fix core combat.

Unless they make the next expansion free to us idiots who bought CC, any new expansion can f*** off.

free xpack for CC owners. buy 1 get one free for everyone else.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion