Infiltration (and sniper) Ideas - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: People miss me.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-10, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Jagd
As for buffing snipers... Come off it, the single most powerful weapon in the game and you can be invisible?
I�ve been killed by snipers 4 times.

One time as an infiltrator moving in to kill a sniper and he managed the miracle 180 degree spin and fire for the kill, one time as an infiltrator I got sniped from across the map, and Two times I was previously wounded and got finished off by a sniper before I could heal and repair. I have never been completely taken down by a sniper while wearing Rexo or Agile armor (wounding hit and follow up kill shot). Conversely I�ve killed probably 300 snipers. So that gives me about a 75 to 1 kill ratio vs. snipers with ANY other weapon (most of my sniper kills are with a pistol!). Also, the sniper rifle is next to useless against MAX Units or any vehicle. Not very impressive for �the single most powerful weapon in the game�.

Heavy Assault, Tanks, and Reavers on the other hand fair a bit better

BadAsh
Old 2003-12-10, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Jagd
Major

Sorry, I meant to say it's the single most powerful personal weapon in the game. 2 shot kill, and it wipes out your stamina as well as giving you 75 health damage and removing a whackload of armor. However impressive you think your hypothetical kill ratio may be, there is no way to confirm or deny it, so your point really has no relevance to me. Sniping is widely hailed as one of the most balanced aspects of Planetside, whereas invisibility in the game always comes with a massive downside-- negligible inventory space and severely limited weapons (Inf suit), or just complete and utter defenselessness (AMS).

From an airman's perspective, unless we have squadmates screaming about snipers on a particular hill, we are far too busy with our full time job hunting enemy tanks, AMSes, AA MAXes and aircraft to waste our time on a lone grunt sniping on a hilltop. If we do go out of our way to hunt down a sniper, and that sniper can't be bothered to keep an AV weapon in his kit let alone unzoom from time to time to keep track of his surroundings, he deserves the quick and painless death he receives.

To sum up, 2 shot kill + invisible = unbalanced, and 3 shots from 1 hill = suicide.
Old 2003-12-10, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Indecisive
Major General

No, not two pistol slots, too overpowering.

I say add that special gernade slot, and a built in rek to the suit, it IS the infil suit after all...what else are you gonna use it for?
Old 2003-12-10, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

IT SEEMS ilike they made them so much more visible so they need to do that or something like it
Old 2003-12-10, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

infils seriously need some lovin'.

Old 2003-12-10, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I have one word to augment the sniper idea.

PRONE.
Old 2003-12-10, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by ten twentyfour
infils seriously need some lovin'.
Hopfully we will find out more about this during the interview.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-11, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
TomManiac
Contributor
Private

Partial cloaking for snipers would be nice. This would at least give you some protection from Mosq/Reavers. It's already annoying enough to get killed by sneaky Infiltrators.
And to get this protection you would have to give up a secondary weapon (I'm usually in Rexo with Deci as second weapon).... which makes you a Sniper with protection from flyers but without protection against anything else. This would basically generate two different classes of snipers which would be a nice touch to the game (and make hunting down snipers more interesting too).
Old 2003-12-11, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Hmmm, i think infiltrators do need there role "sexed up" a bit.

1) I agree, although, it might be a good idea to have a hard-carried REK as the second slot (much the same way the weapon on a max suit is hard-carried). Cos, lets face it, i bet 99.99% of infiltrators carry a REK anyhow.

2) Not so sure about this one. I think its fair enough that infiltrators can be lit up on radar if they are walking near a motion detector, or shot by the turret. Thats what the jammer grenades are for. I DO thing however, that a jammer grenade should perminatly disable the turret and motion detector, not just for a short while. I think silent run implants should also nullify the motion and turrets ability to see you.

3) Naaa, that's too much. It would be fun, but its removing the skill elemant of being a sniper, and making your shots without being marked.

Have a look at my thread about infiltrator ideas...

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion