Sniper Rifle - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can we login yet?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-05, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Jagd
Major

You forgot, "woop-dee-doo go make a BF1942 mod."
Old 2003-12-05, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ed the MAD
"aimbot"?
auto-aim bots. go play Counter Strike on PC and then you'll know.
Old 2003-12-05, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Or play Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. They had a cheat that was worse than an aimbot. It would trigger your weapon when your reticule, or crosshairs, would intersect any enemy. Meaning, that player would hardly ever miss. It was called "Paladin"
And by the way, an Aim bot is a cheat that increases accuracy. It is by no means perfect. Especially if your target is moving. Aim bots are only good when your target is stationary. Paladin was 100 times more effective than Aimbot. It fired right at the moment your crosshair hit the enemy avatar. Unless you moved back the way you came right away, you would be shot.

But I firmly believe all cheaters should have their computers smashed to shit. "You want to pay 2000 dollars for a computer, 30 bucks for this game, and you want to cheat so that people will THINK your a good player? Where as we paid for the same amount as you did, yet we worked our asses off trying to become an actual good player, and you want us to respect you and THINK your a good player? Ha, nice try." *Smashes your computer all over the cement.*
Old 2003-12-05, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Originally Posted by Flammey
You've obviously never seen modern day anti-tank weapons. There IS a sniper rifle that can hurt tanks badly. It's in the game America's Army. If it's not anti-tank, it sure is anti-something, cause, Damn, that thing blows shit up good. Also has a wicked ass kickback.
Baretta .50 CAL maybe I'm wrong, but thats a sniper...and its big.
Old 2003-12-05, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Scorpion7666
Private

i think we should be able to prone, thet would solve the "being seen" problem (for people who have ground detail all the way up, but for me i would be cheating cuz my comp cant take it that high)
Old 2003-12-05, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Personally, I like the Tripod Idea, but yah know, the PS engine forgot the prone position. If anything, I think you should be able to crouch, set up a gun with a tripod and act like a machine gun. If you've ever played COD (Call of Duty) go play multiplayer, man one of those machine guns, and yeah, it should be like that. There in MOHAA too. God those things rock...

(Killed 20 people in a row when the team charged and I opened up on their asses)
Old 2003-12-05, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
WolfA4
Sergeant

I HAVE BEEN ENLIGHTENED!

anycrap, here are a few examples of Anti-material rifles which are far better than the M82.

Croatia's RT-20
South Africa's Mechem NTW-20
Yugoslavia's M-93 Black Arrow
Russia's OSV-96

also, i know what you're about to say, and before you say it, A)an Anti-Material Rifle could be loosly classified as a sniper rifle, because it requires the same skills to operate, and 2)the guy who made the site is apparently from either eastern europe, or someplace that doesn't have english as it's primary language.
could you explain how those rifles are better then the barret M82? a larger round doesnt mean its better btw.
Old 2003-12-05, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

It's anti-materiel, kinda like anti-personnel, not anti-material, even though it is used against materials. That's English for you.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-12-06, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Destroyeron
Baretta .50 CAL maybe I'm wrong, but thats a sniper...and its big.

nah, not beretta, Barrett arms M82A1 "Light Fifty." the only other man-portable weapon that's bigger than that would be the 105mm(120?) Recoilless rifle used by the Army Rangers. it's like a bazooka, ecept it fires a giant bullet instead of a rocket.

Originally Posted by Veteran
It's anti-materiel, kinda like anti-personnel, not anti-material, even though it is used against materials. That's English for you.

yeah, so i misspelled it. pick pick pick.

Originally Posted by WolfA4
could you explain how those rifles are better then the barret M82? a larger round doesnt mean its better btw.
yes it does. bigger bullet, more propellant, higher velocity, better pennetration.

here's a little ballistics calculator to play with.
http://www.airguns.net/calculators.html

let's feed it some values.

.30-06 bullet(the bullet used in the M1 Garand, among others)
168 grains in weight
traveling at 2700 feet per second
has 2720 foot pounds of energy

now, let's try the .50 BMG
709 grains
2850 feet per second
12790 foot pounds of energy

over 10 times the kinetic energy...with only 4 times the projectile weight.

now let's try the 20x110mm Hispano cartridge.
2006 grains
2886 fps
37122 foot pounds of energy

of course, then there's this site, where it does all the work for you.
Ballistics Info

Force=MassxAccelleration.

Last edited by Ed the MAD; 2003-12-06 at 08:42 AM.
Old 2003-12-06, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
WolfA4
Sergeant

the muzzle velocity is so similar you cant count it as a bonus. lets not forget that the 20mm sniper rifles you showed are also larger and heavier also have greater recoil too. only thing that is a real plus about it is the bullet size. im willing to bet the accuracy of th M82 is greater then of any of those rifles you showed.
Old 2003-12-06, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Need to stomp this myth right here

Personally, I like the Tripod Idea, but yah know, the PS engine forgot the prone position.
Ok for those that are not aware, the devs intentionaly left prone out of the game because it slows the battle down considerably, and turns this into sniperside. Plus the way bases are constructed, it gives something to open field snipers, that defensive snipers cant really use.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-12-07, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

the muzzle velocity is so similar you cant count it as a bonus. lets not forget that the 20mm sniper rifles you showed are also larger and heavier also have greater recoil too. only thing that is a real plus about it is the bullet size. im willing to bet the accuracy of th M82 is greater then of any of those rifles you showed.

i take it you did not read the pages supplied. the RT-20 has reduced recoil due to a large pipe that directs exess gas backwards. perhaps you should actually read the information i supplied.
Old 2003-12-07, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
WolfA4
Sergeant

i take it you did not read the pages supplied. the RT-20 has reduced recoil due to a large pipe that directs exess gas backwards. perhaps you should actually read the information i supplied.
the cannon on the M1 abrams has reduced recoil due to its barrel design, do you think you could survive firing it if it were a rifle? the M82 has reduced recoil as well, but it has so much recoil its still a hell of alot of kick even after its been reduced. do you seriously think a 20mm cannon will fire like an M16? be realistic man, didnt you notice they didnt compare the recoil of the rifle to something else? yes it has reduced recoil they reduced it enough so that it doesnt break your collar bone upon firing it just slightly dislocates it instead.

Last edited by WolfA4; 2003-12-07 at 01:38 AM.
Old 2003-12-07, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

the cannon on the M1 abrams has reduced recoil due to its barrel design, do you think you could survive firing it if it were a rifle? the M82 has reduced recoil as well, but it has so much recoil its still a hell of alot of kick even after its been reduced. do you seriously think a 20mm cannon will fire like an M16? be realistic man, didnt you notice they didnt compare the recoil of the rifle to something else? yes it has reduced recoil they reduced it enough so that it doesnt break your collar bone upon firing it just slightly dislocates it instead.
1.) no. the gun of the M1A2 is a vehicle weapon. it's desighned to be mounted either on a vehicle, or some sort of gun carrage.
2) i've fired the Barett .50, it has the same recoil as a 12 ga. shotgun. i never said it would fire like an M16. the M16 is a pellet gun compared to the M14, naturally an Anti-Materiel rifle fireing an anti materiel round would have greater recoil than an assault rifle useing an intermediate round. but the recoil wouldn't be unmanagable.
3) i never said that an RT-20 would fire like an M-16. where did i say that, because if i did, i'd like to retract that particular statement because it's counter to my point that the two weapons are different, and i must have been stoned to say it.
4) any large bore weapon could bust your collar if held wrong. wther it be a .30 cal or a .50. every big bore shooter knows not to hold the weapon against your collar bone.
Old 2003-12-07, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
WolfA4
Sergeant

1.) no. the gun of the M1A2 is a vehicle weapon. it's desighned to be mounted either on a vehicle, or some sort of gun carrage.
you missed the point

2) i've fired the Barett .50, it has the same recoil as a 12 ga. shotgun. i never said it would fire like an M16. the M16 is a pellet gun compared to the M14, naturally an Anti-Materiel rifle fireing an anti materiel round would have greater recoil than an assault rifle useing an intermediate round. but the recoil wouldn't be unmanagable.
i know the recoil of the M82 it also has reduced recoil it still has kick its still alot even much less then say firing a M2 but still alot because its a big bullet basically.
3) i never said that an RT-20 would fire like an M-16. where did i say that, because if i did, i'd like to retract that particular statement because it's counter to my point that the two weapons are different, and i must have been stoned to say it.
the whole M16 thing was just an exageration it has reduced recoil yes but its still a HUGE bullet 20mm's thats friggen big and being so it requires more energy to propell it through the air thus producing more reactive forces as well. unless it was mounted to a stationary cannon with hard backing like the old WWII 20mm AA guns its going to have more kick then the M82. come on look at that thing and tell me you dont expect it to kick like a mule when fired its a 20 mm rifle round just imagine it.

4) any large bore weapon could bust your collar if held wrong. wther it be a .30 cal or a .50. every big bore shooter knows not to hold the weapon against your collar bone.
anyone ever tell you, that you take things to literally?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion