Why do they cheat? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bird aint the word here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-09, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
kreeten
Contributor
First Sergeant

Why do they cheat?

Is it just human nature for peeps to cheat? Ive been playing this game since retail release, and although ive never looked for it, i have run across several ( bugs ) which would give players an ( unfair to some ) advantage. I personally have no inclination towards cheating, and despise those who do. Just curious of others opinions in regard to this subject, as i wonder is it part of others DNA strains? Do others take illlegitimate pleasure out of killing on an unfair basis? Discuss.
Old 2003-12-09, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
TeraHertz
Major

They were bullied at school, and want to get back at societly by ruining others games.

[edit]
The need to get back and strike out at people is subconcious.

Last edited by TeraHertz; 2003-12-09 at 05:52 AM.
Old 2003-12-09, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rarzo
Sergeant

Cheaters are the scum of the Earth.
Old 2003-12-09, 06:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bad Mojo
Contributor
Master Sergeant

They cheat to get people to post about them. Way to go.
Old 2003-12-09, 06:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Fragmatic
I LIVE IN ENGLAND

Ritulin lovin' attention whores
[Hezzy]: gg
Old 2003-12-09, 06:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

1: They confuse 'winning' with 'exploitation and poor sportsmanship'.

2: There is little or no punishment for a proven exploiter.

3: The leaderboard gives recognition for high kill totals without making any provision for the countless support personnel that were involved. It's only by the virtue of self-sacrifice that anyone at all stops to heal a turret, a terminal, a friendly MAX unit, etc. Removal of the leaderboard would strip exploiters of their chief commodity: proof that their score is higher than other people's. The leaderboard has no way to express that a given score was not the direct result of systematic, premeditated cheating. It has no place in a team game.

4: Some people can't be a bully in real-life, but they crave the perceived power of the bully, and PlanetSide makes an ideal playground for them. SOE is the only force that can punish them, but just like on the playground, even the authorities are reluctant to side against the 'alpha' kids, being themselves potential subjects for attack (the bully's dad is the principle's lodge leader, for example). Maybe SOE just can't deal with every banned exploiter getting his wannabe-hacker buddies to lay seige to SOE's server farms. It gets pretty grey around that area. Banned people don't shell out the loot either, and might get their buddies to also not shell out.

5: Cheating is easy. Take any group of people and a few of them will go right for the easy-cheesy. It's human nature.

That's why people cheat. As far as I'm concerned, cheaters help to make online games tighter and tighter, by working for free pointing out the security holes. When the internet is locked down tighter than Fort Knox, the cheaters will be ultimately deserving of thanks, but equally deserving of a swift kick in the ass. The suffering we endure today at the hands of unrighteous denial of our earned victories will pave the way for a time when people can be free to show their skill for what it is, without being dimmed by those who turned away from the spirit of good-will and decency that is embodied within a fair player.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-12-09, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

some people like to win at any cost. not to mention the fact that until the age of 12 and sometimes more kids don't really care about others, only themselves.

there are 3 types of cheating
1)real multiplayer cheating which is a crime IMO and should get people banned from the internet
2)fooling, mostly in CS, you just take the aimbot on a test run once in a while, but don't do it when you really play. it's ok as long as you don't go overboard and do it on a server with n00bs cause they gonna die anyway.
3)single player cheating, I do it in many non shooter games like uplink and stuff.

the problem is 3 and especially 2 tend to make people want to go for 1 which kind of sux.

I don't get cheaters in FPS games, I mean, if you want to run around and press the buttons aimlessly, go play FIFA.

a well known site: www.multiplayercheats.net
Old 2003-12-09, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Cheaters...I don't understand why they do it, to annoy us and SOE, or just to make themselves feel better? The thing is, they go flaunting that they are the best in the game, and only for one reason, not logic, strategy, or skill, it's because they cheat. I wish there was a very harsh punishment for cheating but there is not, and those people can just go out any make a new account and start playing the day after they get banned. That just is wrong and they need to ban the account keys to the accounts that get banned, at least make them pay if they cheat.

Old 2003-12-09, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
scarpas
Captain

Originally Posted by DeadTeddy
some people like to win at any cost. not to mention the fact that until the age of 12 and sometimes more kids don't really care about others, only themselves
that 12 year old thing is a flat out lie bro, ive seen many people supporting in many online games who were under 12
Old 2003-12-09, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Exano
Staff Sergeant

Heres why they cheat:
They get off on being able to kill someone trying to enjoy somthing in their free time...

But, they wouldent do that in the real world, because in the real world people can retaliate against you...so they decide to do it on the comp screen where the people cant do sh!t about it.
Old 2003-12-09, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

I think the question of cheating simply boils down to defining �fun�. For some players the �fun� in a game is in competition and challenge. They enjoy overcoming an opponents strategy and the thrill of a fair fight. Many players, however, define �fun� by going on huge killing sprees with little or no risk to themselves. Unfortunately most players seem to fall into this category.

I don�t mean to be judgmental of others. This is �just a game� after all. So I will avoid going into the morality of a game cheater or exploiter. But, for those of us who thrive on �skill� and �fair� competition and enjoy the thrill and risk involved in battle the cheaters tend to ruin things. It�s been my experience that most players will cheat or use an exploit if one is readily available.

Just look at what happened to Counter Strike and Diablo II. Finding a player in either of those games who was NOT using a hack, exploit, or equipped with some kind of bogus weapon or item was a RARE thing. Things in the game got as lame as the rationalizations people use for cheating. I can�t tell you how many times I heard �everyone does it� or �you need them to counter the other cheaters�. I�ve even been called a �noob� by a hacker because I did not have all the latest illegal cheats and gear (In Diablo II). These guys obviously just want to log on �kick some ass� and log off with little or no effort on their part. The whole concept of developing skill or being innovative to come up with new tactics and strategies is lost on these players. They want the quick and easy �win�. Just look at the reaction some people have to �nerfs� and you can see these types come to the surface. If they lose their advantage they complain. They don�t want even odds, they want an easy spank fest.

This was one of the reasons I switched to PlanetSide. I know it�s not cheat proof, but for the most part the �cheater� types are relegated to finding balance problems to exploit.

BadAsh
Old 2003-12-09, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hamma
PSU Admin

Some people like to feel like they are more powerful than those around them. Thus cheating is a good option for them.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-09, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Hamma
Some people like to feel like they are more powerful than those around them. Thus cheating is a good option for them.
I don't need cheats for that. I have my delusions.

Ph34r my l33t sk1llzz!
Old 2003-12-09, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
RagingSpeedhorn
Corporal

You are all right. Cheaters are the scum, and there is an obvious inferiority complex going on somewhere, maybe they were ridiculed for have a small dick, or tits at school I don't really know.

The issue seems to be that the cheat question is coming up more and more often now and the more genuine /report xxx that go in the better, so if you suspect a cheat, please report it.

What fucts me off more, is the VVZ gloating that goes on after, or even when some dickwad gets an easy Noob 1 shot kill to the back when you can't retaliate. That is not skill, that is just an easy and you really shouldn't be proud of it.
Old 2003-12-09, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Unknown
First Sergeant

Yeah, that really bugs me. Like last night, an NC ScatMAX was camping the tubes against me and a couple of my squad mates. After each freshly spawned standard kill he got, he would do the "I'm better than you" taunt. He only got me twice before I managed to escape and grab a deci from my locker though .
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion