PlanetSide BOX + 30day subscription = a lie? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where is the equipment terminal at?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-07-09, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
helioN
Corporal

PlanetSide BOX + 30day subscription = a lie?

So i bought PS1 to play it this month before PS2 BETA, the box says it contains 30day sub... i reedemed it and it says that my ps1 gamepass is closed and i need to subscribe...

So i bought PS1 and waited like 2 weeks for it just to register it on a damn website... cool.

It doesnt even work on win7 either... the launcher jusr crashes or cannot even connect to the goddamn server... same when i click ps.exe

I feel kinda cheated and i'm not that excited for ps2 anymore... wtf...
Old 2012-07-09, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hosp
First Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide BOX + 30day subscription = a lie?

Run your launcher as admin.

PS1 is 9 years old and they can't breed hampsters fast enough to keep it running at its current capacity.

PS2 will obviously be made to run on newer systems as well as some older ones. The vets know this, so if missing PS1 gets you down, just be patient. The only thing you're really missing is getting killed by people much more experienced than you in (currently) epic battles. And maybe running with an outfit ahead of PS2 if you've been recruited.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Concerning the sub I think you need to setup the sub in order to get the free 30 days with a CC. If you are having issues get a hold of CS. We can't do much here to help you with that.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
helioN
Corporal

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Concerning the sub I think you need to setup the sub in order to get the free 30 days with a CC. If you are having issues get a hold of CS. We can't do much here to help you with that.
I think it should contain a pre-paid card/gamecard with a key, just like it says on the box... unfortunately, it doesn't.

I think that the game that's still being sold should be compatible with all newer systems as Windows 7, Vista etc.

This is beyond stupid.

I already contacted the customer service...
Old 2012-07-09, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by helioN View Post
I think it should contain a pre-paid card/gamecard with a key, just like it says on the box... unfortunately, it doesn't.

I think that the game that's still being sold should be compatible with all newer systems as Windows 7, Vista etc.

This is beyond stupid.

You don't feed people by making them work on a 9 years old game for the few 305 potential customers per year you can have. That is beyond stupid.

FYI, I run it on win7 no issue. Do as outlined above : run it as administrator
Old 2012-07-09, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Xero Galt
Private

I actually had the aftershock box sitting around for years and never opened it. Decided to pop it open and it didn't have a card or anything of the likes. My only guess is we get the 30 day sub once we actually subscribe, or it doesn't give them anymore?

Also, it came with a silly poster with the three different faction soldiers fighting together. I guess nobody gave them the memo.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

This is beyond stupid.

Its beyond stupid paying developers to update a game that is making no money, run it in compatibility mode. I understand it must have frustrated you, but this is the solution.

You will also probably have to put up with crashes most the time you load a continent which i'm sure is a similar issue. You have always had to open a subscription with your credit/debit card details to get your 30 days free, you can cancel the subscription 2 seconds afterwards and just play the 30 days free.. But you have to put your card details/game card in. Its the same with any MMO sub i've played with free game time.

If your ready to give up after these couple of issues i would suggest not playing PS1, it is a game that requires a LOT of patience before you get anything out of it.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ringring
Contributor
General

Don't install it from the disks in the box, they no longer work. You have to use the online link to download.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The 30 days is pre pended to your sub once it is activated.

Old 2012-07-09, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ArcGuard
Corporal

So i bought PS1 to play it this month before PS2 BETA, the box says it contains 30day sub... i reedemed it and it says that my ps1 gamepass is closed and i need to subscribe...

So i bought PS1 and waited like 2 weeks for it just to register it on a damn website... cool.

It doesnt even work on win7 either... the launcher jusr crashes or cannot even connect to the goddamn server... same when i click ps.exe

People are so impatient these days, I guess...

I play it on Win7 currently, no problem. Administrator mode and/or compatibility mode are your friends.
Old 2012-07-09, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
The Kush
Captain

Ignore the posts above. The game says it works with widows vista and windows 7 but it doesn't.

I have windows 7 as well, the solution is to right click, go to settings, go to compatibility, and click run with windows xp. I did this off the top of my head but it's somewhere along that path.

And bammmmm!

The game works.
Old 2012-07-09, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Wahooo
Captain

Wonder how old the box is? Anyone able to guess how long ago they last printed a disk was? I'm guessing around the last time they updated the Planetside web page so early 2005ish?

There are plenty of places on this forum to find out how to install and run the game, buying the box from ebay is nowhere to be found as a way to do it.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Taru
Corporal

http://www.soe.com/getthegame/

Download the launcher that works with Win7 there (I don't even have to run it as admin). The one on the CD isn't compatible. As for your account, the only suggestion I have is to contact support.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion