How to stop hacker if PS1 F2P ? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Certs aren't just a breathmint anymore.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-12-27, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
RedPower
Corporal

Lightbulb How to stop hacker if PS1 F2P ?

This is a big problem !

Steam?

Old 2012-12-27, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Crator
Major General

Re: How to stop hacker if PS1 F2P ?

In game report system... Mods that monitor reports in PS2 respond to PS1 reports as well.
Old 2012-12-27, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
RedPower
Corporal

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
In game report system... Mods that monitor reports in PS2 respond to PS1 reports as well.
In game report system can not stop hacker
Old 2012-12-28, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
gunshooter
Corporal

Same way they do in PS2; they don't.
Old 2012-12-29, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Figment
Lieutenant General

Would prefer to go with a small sub-cost, tbh.

PS1 is not designed around f2p. It's entire system is designed around either a one time purchase or subscription system, because none of the in-game items are purchasable NOR SHOULD THEY BECOME SUCH.

Cosmetically, there's a few things you could do with SC, but there's not enough players to warrant that.

They should simply lower the sub-cost to something like 3 euro/month and make it free with a PS2 premium membership. That's the best way to handle it IMO.
Old 2012-12-30, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

A sub (of whatever amount) would seal the fate of PS1 once and for all. Bad idea imo.

Without having put alot of thought into it, how about player-recruited mods who can filter reports so that the one or two admin guys soe would (have to) donate only have to deal with true hacking issues and not "hai mom, i'm using the report function in a game"-reports.
Old 2012-12-30, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
A sub (of whatever amount) would seal the fate of PS1 once and for all. Bad idea imo.
Not at all, it just has to be relatively worthwhile. PS2 is the bigger product right now, so it has to have a cheaper sub than PS2's sub. Since there's no microtransactions, it's a pretty good deal. None of this in game "it's worth so much money" crap.

Completely free to play will just ensure the presence of not just a few, but many hackers. A single hacker can disrupt an entire continent worth of play in PS1, we've seen that already. There's no microtransaction system for PS1 to exploit and if the alternative is Fodderside BR12/CR2, you're not going to get veterans back at all, because they want to play their own, 5-9 years worth of old characters and they won't pay the full current subcost for it.

They would pay less. They would happily get a PS2 premium if it nets them a cheap PS1 on the fly.

SOE isn't a charity service! That server needs to be cost-effective. A small sub, a beer worth per month.

Without having put alot of thought into it, how about player-recruited mods who can filter reports so that the one or two admin guys soe would (have to) donate only have to deal with true hacking issues and not "hai mom, i'm using the report function in a game"-reports.
SOE has a policy of not using non-officials for anything but forums. And they even seem to have stepped away from that policy for the newer forums.
Old 2012-12-31, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

You cant. Engine needs a gigantic update to fix the super easy memory hacks that are the cause for all those ROF, COF etc hacks.
Old 2012-12-31, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by basti View Post
You cant. Engine needs a gigantic update to fix the super easy memory hacks that are the cause for all those ROF, COF etc hacks.
basti, will you please just shut up? I mean, for fucks sake, you're a broken record who wants to sink PS1. All you ever say in this area of the forum is trash anymore.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-01-01, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Just like every game ever created...
Old 2013-01-01, 04:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Huntsab
Sergeant

Er, that is something you cannot fix. Even your precious PS2 is being memory hacked.
Old 2013-01-01, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
gunshooter
Corporal

You know absolutely nothing about hacks. I mean this is simple stuff, you can go google and immediately buy a multi hack for every fps that has ever existed.
Old 2013-01-03, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

1. GM's who actually understand hacks in the game, not the GM's who log in from everquest and don't know what's going on.

2. Realizing that the hacker detection in PS 1 is shit.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion