Render Distance - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where even the Vanu can find love.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2013-01-15, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

Render Distance

Is there any way to increase the render distance to go beyond the limit that is in the graphics options? Similar to how PlanetSide 2 lets you go into the user-options to adjust graphics settings beyond what is available in-game. I have everything set to maxed in-game with rendering distance slider all the way to the right but I still see fog in the background. Was wonder if there is anyway to eliminate that? It is most noticeable when you are flying.

I took a picture so you can sort of see what I am talking about:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4407/planetside1.png
Old 2013-01-15, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

Re: Render Distance

Also, is it by design that you can't fly over certain mountains? I get the approaching flight ceiling message so am unable to fly even half way up some parts. Even bases that are on elevated ground as well. There is a tower that I can only fly a feet above or I will hit the flight ceiling. It is odd because I have no problem reaching these parts as infantry, just cannot do it in aircraft.

Last edited by CrazEpharmacist; 2013-01-15 at 10:47 AM.
Old 2013-01-15, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Wahooo
Captain

All by design. The fog is there on purpose, but it is universal. One reason i hated Hossin, if you are doing AA you can't see liberators at max altitude until they are directly overhead.

Yes it was by design that some mountains are above the flight ceiling. Many pilots have cried big tears for years about it, but it added a different dynamic to some of those areas.
Searhus and Mt. Cyssor mainly.
Old 2013-01-15, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Secant
Private

Originally Posted by Wahooo View Post
All by design. The fog is there on purpose, but it is universal. One reason i hated Hossin, if you are doing AA you can't see liberators at max altitude until they are directly overhead.

Yes it was by design that some mountains are above the flight ceiling. Many pilots have cried big tears for years about it, but it added a different dynamic to some of those areas.
Searhus and Mt. Cyssor mainly.
Those crater fights on searhus were amazing heh. 4 bases inside the crater of a volcano, the cliffs of which were generally above teh flight ceiling so you always had hoards of infantry and occasionally flails (artillery) or tanks standing at the rim firing downward into a base. The only way to properly oust them was to sneak around behind and fight your way up the cliff. Phantasm drops or mass HART pod'ing were really common there. Those fights were fucking amazing when you were defending the interior of the crater and managed to hack an AMS or two up on the rim.
Old 2013-01-15, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Figment
Lieutenant General

Or use an AMS/Router combi straight to Oro CC from the top.
Old 2013-01-15, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rockit
Banned

Originally Posted by CrazEpharmacist View Post
Is there any way to increase the render distance to go beyond the limit that is in the graphics options? Similar to how PlanetSide 2 lets you go into the user-options to adjust graphics settings beyond what is available in-game. I have everything set to maxed in-game with rendering distance slider all the way to the right but I still see fog in the background. Was wonder if there is anyway to eliminate that? It is most noticeable when you are flying.

I took a picture so you can sort of see what I am talking about:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4407/planetside1.png
Yeah that fog you see is a hard env variable for everyone. Only way they could cut down on render distance on antiquated machines at the time. Still looks good though.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion