Any point in subscribing? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-12-28, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

Re: Any point in subscribing?

I had the same problem. I figured it was because I was new and never owned the box before. I had to buy the 20 dollar digital download from SOE's site which came with a free month.
Old 2012-12-30, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Should anyone know if it's even still POSSIBLE to sub from europe without paypal, let me know, i would give it a shot.

Edit: Scratch this, it worked. Kind of a hackjob to get a sub as it doesn't even show up in the account infos but ohwell.

Edit²: Back in the game. Oh weirdness, your name is Sony. Even though i have the "Veteran" title and decal in PS2 and i clearly recall playing PS1 on this account i do not have a single character. o_0
Ahwell, made a new one and after xp-whoring in the VR i am now the only person on solsar lol.

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2012-12-30 at 02:57 PM.
Old 2013-01-04, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
Back in the game. Oh weirdness, your name is Sony. Even though i have the "Veteran" title and decal in PS2 and i clearly recall playing PS1 on this account i do not have a single character. o_0
Some years back they wiped all characters that had been inactive longer than a certain amount of time. Yours was probably among those purged.
Old 2013-01-04, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
armedacorn
Private

I re-subbed and I am playing as either ArmedAcorns on VS, ThizGuy on TR, or ThattGuy on NC...
Old 2013-01-23, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Frozenland
Private

Originally Posted by CrazEpharmacist View Post
Well let me preface this by saying I don't understand a lot of the things in PlanetSide 1 and I'm sure I won't until it goes F2P as I will be able to learn from others as I play. My first impression is that everything seems extremely polished. Animations+third person are amazing and very missed coming from PlanetSide2. The textures and detail on characters are amazing and in my opinion better than the sequel(on low settings). My experience thus far is that I made an NC character and traveled to Esamir through the warpgate in a buggy. I met up with two other people and we formed a squad. We captured an outlying tower and set up defenses there. A VS kept harassing us with a mossy so we stayed in our turrets for quite a bit. Mossy's seem very strong compared to PS2. He was able to pick me off as a ground soldier fairly quick. We then proceeded to hack the main base but the sole vs became a max and destroyed us with ease. My squad-mate said we needed decimators to kill him or we had no chance. I logged off shortly after as we weren't able to kill him with just the three of us. I am playing again right now and there seems to be no-one on Amerish so I am just hacking bases unopposed currently.

Shooting mechanics seem fine but will take a bit to get used to. I don't like the fact that zooming in is set to the scroll wheel by default. I tried changing it to right click but you can only set it to either zoom in or out with it, not both?

With that said, this game seems leaps and bounds more complex than PlanetSide2. I am sensing that I could be playing this game for months and still be learning something new each play session.

Also, it seems that each time I spawn I have to go to an equipment terminal to equip my armor and weapons? Are load-outs not saved?

In PS1 you zoom with the "Z" button.
Old 2013-01-27, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Daimond
Private

This is one of the reasons they have been so against making PS1 F2P or cheap to play, as they didnt want even all the new players to go WTF SOE? why not make a good game like this instead of the Crap you have put out called PS2
PS1 is still far better in so many ways then PS2, and I know of lest 40 people that are waiting for it to go F2P or be linked to a PS2 sub, or even cheap.
My theory as to why they suposably waiting till july to put it F2P is 1 of 2 things. They hoping the 6 month plain will keep people from going to see what a real games like. My other thought is gives them time to go back and screw with PS1 so its not alot different then PS2 so all the new players dont come back asking for the same things us vets been asking for since early beta.
Old 2013-01-27, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Crator
Major General

^ I agree that they are probably waiting for those reasons. Mostly for the reason to have the players actually play PS2 while they try and fix it, getting feedback from them and hoping that they can make PS2 on par or better then PS1. And also for the fact that they want to actually make PS1 F2P meaning cash shop and all that. Sure doing that takes some time they just don't have right now.
Old 2013-01-27, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

I bet they've got no idea on how to monetize PS1. And need some time to think about it before deciding on something like a $3/month sub.

It was one of the first handful of online games to have a subscription model. The first I subscribed to to be certain. I mean really, how much money do they expect to make off of a decade old game? Smed says it takes almost nothing to run. Obviously virtually all the devs and admins have disappeared.

I'd love to see the graphics updated, and the gameplay should go back to pre BFR and pre Core Combat. It's such a far superior game to PS2. The problem is that it "looks" old. Not that it plays old.

They should have 2 worlds in PS2. One that is what they have now, and another that mimics PS1 mechanics. Call it a "parallel world" or some such tish.
Old 2013-01-27, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

I wish they would just have a small marketing push saying that subscription prices are being slashed. Maybe give the first 3 months free when you buy the game as well. Send out a mass email to vets about this and I'm sure we could get at least one server populated.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion