more commander info - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Contents may have settled during shipping.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-27, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
diluted
Major

more commander info

how do they work?

when you're small-time are you a commander if you initiate a squad coming together to assault a base something? or are you /always/ away from the actoin? i want to be the command AND in the field too. also if youre away from the battles how do you know whats where? hmm can you view the battlefield real-time or what?? please clear this all up for me.
Old 2003-02-27, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
WNxUndeadFenix
Master Sergeant

lol cant help ya there...i still dont understand command ranks and probably wont until i get the game
Old 2003-02-27, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Worse comes to worse you just start yelling commands
Old 2003-02-27, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

The game would be boring if you just sat there barking out commands to people. I'm sure you can be out in the field fighting and commanding at the same time.
Old 2003-02-27, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TGF NightHawk
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Yea, it would only make sense if you were on the field fighting as well.....although you'd better be on your toes, you would become a primary target with higher rank(Color)
Old 2003-02-27, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Early ranks: gain ability to chat on command channle ( I believe all can see this but only commanders can chat on it.)
Gain ability to access tactical map and set waypoints that friendlys can follow. Also ability to issue commands.

Thats all for now.

Also its BEP's that change your color, CEP's give you graphical addons.
Old 2003-02-27, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Saint
Captain

BEPs change your color
CEPs change the shape of your armor

Ok
Old 2003-02-27, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

You need to be the leader of a squad or platoon that succesfully captures a base. Once you do that you start to gain access to some sweet features. Some were discussed in our recent AGN interview, but the higher ranks we have yet to see

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-27, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

Hehe maybey you could call in an ion cannon satalite at the highest command rank lol.

Edit: OMG IM A VETERAN NOW! ONE ROUND ON ME!
Old 2003-02-27, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Chanfan
Staff Sergeant

It's possible that you might get a command view like the human commander in the Natural Selection mod for Half-Life.

I think being in the field, with access to command comm channels, makes sense for the lower ranks, I could see higher ranks just sitting with the overview.

Being able to see where your troops are, what they can see, and using that to co-ordinate attacks would be very cool.

Perhaps being able to direct Galixy pilots where to drop via waypoints and such. I know they mentioned waypoints, but not sure where they fit in. Being able to set squad or platoon waypoints would be nice.

I could also see the very high level types having a similar overview for the global scale - ways to organize what resource center or gate to attack, and when.
Old 2003-02-27, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Tobias
Early ranks: gain ability to chat on command channle ( I believe all can see this but only commanders can chat on it.)
LOL sweet. So not just any moron can bark orders.
Old 2003-02-28, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Kyonye
Contributor
General

if you are the leader of a groups of people assaulting a base, you will probably be there for the action. if you have a command level of 4 or 5, you will probably be sitting back giving commands to the lesser people from afar.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-02-28, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
DaRB
Private

translation:

sniper: kill the foo w/ the jewelry on.

big bad cmdrs will have lots of graphical add-ons on their armor, thus easier to id, thus easier targets....

hooray, another forum to whore.

Old 2003-02-28, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

It doesn't matter if you kill the commander that much, most groups will probably have back up, just because they can command people doesn't mean that after the commander dies, the underlings run around meaninglessly. They will hold off, get a commander there and continue. Killing commanders won't do that much damage.
Old 2003-02-28, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

Terran Elite Airborne Regiment

Thats why my outfit has multiple ranks that if the Squad leader is killed then the next in command can tak over and so forth until everyone is dead or all CO are dead. Then the remainder of the squad will have option to retreat, join another outfit squad, or stay and fight solo!

Dark - We planned for this!

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion