The best outfit websites atm... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We don't need you, we WANT you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-12, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Straynjer
Private

Sometime in the next whatever, http://roguedisciples.com will become a VS outfit site. We been kinda wandering aimless in the wilderness since we all decided T2 sucked the big one (and we sucked at it even bigger). So PS is looking pretty exciting at our end of the world.

If you want to join a VS outfit with a real focus on friendship, loyalty and community that goes far beyond any individual game, drop by and say hello.
Old 2003-05-12, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Lion of Judah
Private

Originally posted by NightWalker XI
Ya, flash console sites is my kinda thing..eh eh, that black widow company site is cool, map is not in center and stuff but they can fix that
Yeah that is a nice site, i like the console :|

The pink forums HAVE TO GO!
Skeeter/Med Assault/Striker/Engineer
Old 2003-05-12, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
NightWalker XI
Colonel

http://www.totalaggression.com/

Awesome site
Old 2003-05-12, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hijinks
Staff Sergeant

YACPNS.
Old 2003-05-12, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Hijinks
Staff Sergeant

http://www.clanstfu.com/

I'll admit, airlift's sence of style is a little...off.
Old 2003-05-12, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Chryse
Corporal

Originally posted by NightWalker XI
O.M.G

Have you seen their forums, thats a shame, if they made it same colours as TR it would have been so much better......but...pink?
Pink, or "Red Ice," is the default color scheme and, yes, it sucks. But registered forum members get to change it to the "redkaz" color scheme, which compliments the TR colors well.

Thanks for visiting the site!
Old 2003-05-12, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
PR24
Major

DragonWolves
Old 2003-05-12, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ultimatum
Private

Ok...

Since I've been working, I haven't had a chance to check this topic in a while, so here goes:

1) www.blackwidowcompany.net

A nice basic intro. for the site, no problems there although it does seem rather strange without any sound (after hours of having my eardrums throttled just for visiting an outfit's website) but I personally prefer that since it is such a brief intro.

As for the main interface (using a terminal), it's a nice idea and it is well done. I am especially impressed by the rotating spider and how smoothly it is incorporated into the interface. However, I don't like the fact that you have to search around to work out which area/button takes you where - it's just not my taste

I completely agree about the forums but I haven't registered to check out the other theme that can be chosen.

If you look at the Organisation page, that is also well designed. But the media page on the other hand... lets the site down a fair bit. As does the links page. Other than the above, there is nothing that particularly caught my attention about the website apart from the map thing - which I can only assume is still under construction.

2) www.sardukar.org

Cut out the TR max part of the banner at the top of the page and I like the banner, it really is good. As for the colour scheme, I'm afraid it's rather bland. The contrast between orange and grey is fine in my books but JUST orange and grey (and then the graphics) and it gets a little tedious.

The members section is certainly extensive - to the point that you can click on individual members within the squad. I can only sympathise with the outfit leader having that many members... unless he/she spreads out the admin. load, that must really suck

The forums are pleasant and go with the colour scheme of the site (the forums use a more recent version of the subBlack theme (I believe subBlack 3d Orange)) but as a consequence of following the website colour scheme, they are a little too "grey" imho. Also, if you look into certain sections of the website such as 'About' guess what you find - more grey... grey text on a grey background with a grey navigation bar.

3) http://roguedisciples.com

Ok first off, the website is a little dark but the use of bright (well, anti-dark) text and a relatively bright navigation bar make up for this. The little characters that follow the mouse pointer around drive me insane... nothing personal - I just can't stand that kind of thing

As for the forums, I just don't like ezBoard. I have experimented with a lot of free forums and ezBoard makes me cringe. It appears they paid as they have no annoying pop-up / banner advertisement on the forums... The logo on the forums certainly goes well with the dark background but the forums themselves are too dark and there is only so much darkness that I can handle.

Also, I didn't even realise there was a background to the website until I watched it load the 2nd time around. The lights on the navigation bars are a nice feature and help to brighten up the main page. However, the news seems a little out of control on the website - it just isn't clearly separated from the navigation menu. And last but not least, the main logo is almost impossible to see. It's in the top left of the website if you haven't noticed it and is very difficult to see unless you have really great eyesight or a special addition to your pc screen to enhance the brightness so that it is higher than what the mere monitor can handle.

...I will do the other three when I get back from grabbing a bite to eat. Please do not take offense at my comments, they are merely my opinion - nothing more

Last edited by Ultimatum; 2003-05-12 at 11:25 AM.
Old 2003-05-12, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Ultimatum
Private

...and here come the other three:

4) http://www.totalaggression.com/

The site is a little dark but I would assume that this is partly due to their attempt to modify the website so that it has the same colour scheme as the theme they chose for their forums (subBlack). It's a nice website but can get pretty damn boring after staring at the colours for some time.

I'm quite impressed with the interface. The use of a frame for the top and left of a website always bugs me (actually, the use of frames at all bugs me) but the interface that is placed there is certainly well designed. The marquee, the date and the time are welcome additions to the interface and give it a little more character. The outfit banner has been blended into the interface well and the top left "thing" (I'm not actually sure what that part of the interface would be called) is good.

As for the "click the text in the interface and a text menu will drop down" feature, well, it adds a certain something to the website. And last but not least, the forums - a bit dark (I used the subBlack theme a while back but it's just too damn dark for my liking) but they aren't bad.

It's a shame that the website was re-designed to suit the theme of the forums because I feel that the webdesigner was skilled enough to have easily come up with their own theme which they could then skin the forums with.

5) http://www.clanstfu.com/

What can I say... I'm off to see an optician since my retinas were just fried. It's actually quite a basic website design but at the same time, an effective one. It's easy to use, does not require you to sit on your ass waiting for five minutes for a line of text to appear via "type-writer style" flash introductions and certainly gets your attention.

The logo itself is quite impressive and blends into the website design well. A little variation with the fonts and a little more attention paid to the news couldn't hurt but it's really not bad. There is no sign of a forum and the downloads page isn't finished (well, it has no downloads) but I guess the website is still under construction

6) http://www.dragonwolves.com/

The intro is quite good, I'll grant you that. As for the website itself... the outfit logo is well designed, the general layout isn't bad at all and the navigation section(s) of the website are clear. However, the news seems a little scattered and there is nothing more than a title and the number of comments to divide each post - which is hardly a clear division.

The forums... well vBulletin = Yay! (I have yet to find the reason to spend $160 on a contract to use ONE vBulletin forum on ONE website but I do love the design of vBulletin forums) but using a white background for the forums when the main website has a black background... and not only that but the forums themselves are on a white background but on the very outer edges of the forums is a black background, which I have to admit is a rather painful contrast.

And it appears you haven't customised the forum buttons - which is fair enough but I would've thought it better to customise them. However, credit is deserved for how smoothly the outfit logo blends into the outer edge black background - although it was already on a black background so I guess it didn't kill you to do that

Hmm... now I've run out of websites to comment on, whatever will I do? *starts eyeing up the PSU website* mmmm... maybe not

Last edited by Ultimatum; 2003-05-12 at 12:14 PM.
Old 2003-05-12, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Originally posted by Hijinks
http://www.clanstfu.com/

I'll admit, airlift's sence of style is a little...off.
You'll admit? You can't admit shit until you've donated more than the current zero hours of your precious time to making the site better. Like I don't have a day job, a beta account, and forums to whore. Top it all off, my basement flooded yesterday morning, and tonight I have to take stock on the damage to my computer equipment.
Old 2003-05-12, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ultimatum
Private

Woah Airlift, I can understand why you might be in a rather foul mood right now... but go easy.
Old 2003-05-12, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

On the other hand, thank you Ultimatum. Whereas Hijinks is just bitching (as per normal), I do appreciate your criticism and it is all 100% on the money. The downloads page works, but I don't have anything to put up there, and all of the real site functionality (which really is unfinished / broken) is for members rather than gust users.

As far as the color scheme, the outfit is having a hard time settling on which empire to join in release, which is foiling my attempts to put out a new design with empire colors.

The news is beat up because I haven't had time to post anything, and most of the news I do post goes into the users category instead of guests.
Old 2003-05-12, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Kikinchikin

well im a member of a multigaming clan called the Empire of TiTaNs. I'm starting a Planetside "division" (an outfit). I'm getting one of my fellow members to make me one, so it should be pretty good. the main site address is www.empireofbabu.net. I dont really like the site itself, but the forums are super active and its a great community. Sorry for "advertising" but if u wanna join my outfit when the real game comes out, make a post on the planetside forum. its at the bottom of games in our forum list. thanks
Old 2003-05-12, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Ultimatum
Private

Well Airlift, you explaining all I pointed out above basically makes your website pretty much the best one out of all of the websites here because you're the only one who actually went to the trouble of explaining the flaws/issues that I picked out

Then again, I guess I didn't specifically ask for the website designers to post the links so I can't really be picky like that but please let me know when your outfit decide on their empire - I'd love to take a look at the website with the new colour scheme.

As for the other websites I have commented on, please feel free to express your own views or if you are/know the website designer, please feel free to defend the website accordingly.

Thanks for all the responses and websites that were put forward,
Ultimatum.
Old 2003-05-12, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Ultimatum
Private

Oh and Lilbird2431, I can't help but lol @ you since you specifically posted an advertisement and the website isn't even up yet Then again, I try to avoid flaming and the like so just try not to do it again please
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion