People at official forums don't know s**t!!!! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We'll give you 'the talk' before your parents do.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2002-11-19, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Nohimn
Major

Talking People at official forums don't know s**t!!!!

Well... I was looking through the forums about PS at station hoping that fanatics all over would be willing to give insight on some info that they managed to find at the corners of the internet about PS. Instead I find people who don't know what they are talking about and ask dumb questions, among them being:

Where do we store our vehicles?
Deconstruct them! duh!

Will snipers be stealth?
HOW THE F*CK CAN YOU BE A SNIPER WITHOUT BEING STEALTH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

How many people can be in a dropship?
... check the site before asking... dumb@$$!!!

find more and bring them here!!!

Old 2002-11-19, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thats why many of us stay here

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-11-19, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

You, apparently, don't know shit either, snipers cannot use stealth suits, stealths can only use pistols and knives, and you can't know how many people fit in a dropship because you don't know whether people can stay in the transported vehicle (ok, that one is stretching it but still, oh, and the insult is mildly sarcastic so don;t take it personally)

but you are right, they don't know shit on the main site's forums. it's actually kind of funny how unknowledgable they are, and painful to realize some of them will get in the beta instead of me simply because there a few years older.

(my favorites are where people ask how much stuff costs)
Old 2002-11-19, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Nohimn
Major

Talking

I never stated that they can use stealth suits, you retard! I only stated that they must be stealth. So apparently, you must not know shit, and must learn to read!

Old 2002-11-19, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Nohimn
Major

Talking

just kidding! anyways, station released the info on dropship space a long time ago. they give a detailed explanation of what it can hold. It's at the official site.

Old 2002-11-19, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

*gets all defensive* i didn't read the thread, i didn't know if you just shaved a word, or even letter, off or something. it is incredible how some of those people have an aversion to the painfully obvious
Old 2002-11-19, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Lazare
Corporal

The official forum-people suck c...s in
Its just, you are shit and he is shit and everyone is shit...i am 1337...you are /nf3ri0R...i hate this kind off stuff.
Wow, i at least got my avatar working
Old 2002-11-19, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Nohimn
Major

Talking

The sad thing is... I only took a glance at the forum thread names, and a little bit of the threads themselves... most of the thread starters there are new to this all and aren't bothering looking for the info like everyone else struggled to do! the sad thing was that most of the questions could be answered by searching the official site itself, which contains little to no information.

Old 2002-11-19, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
CrazyMike
Sergeant

Would you rather there be no official forums and those newbies come HERE to ask thier questions?

I thought not.. so STFU.

Sicne you obviously think of yourself as a notch above them, how about instead of acting just as noobish as they are (by flaming them) you take the time to help and answer thier questions. In the time it took you to write out this flame you could have quoted a few sources as an answer. Instead of being a blight on the community you could have been helpfull. Instead of fostering bad feelings between two seperate parts of the community you could have helped keep the community together.

In short.. instead of being an asshole you could have been a leader.

CrazyMike

Last edited by CrazyMike; 2002-11-19 at 09:10 PM.
Old 2002-11-19, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

some of us get frustrated when we realize people who haven't even read the faq are getting a spot in the beta while were left out in the cold because were not old enough. they win in the end, so whats the harm of taking a few cheap shots at them. All you really need to do is post a link or 2 to straighten them out, anyone could do that.

edit: fucking overwrite
Old 2002-11-19, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
RocketFodder
Keeper of h8ball

"Some of us get frustrated"

whinewhinewhine

I'm glad you'd rather spend the time being part of the problem rather than the solution. Idiots.
Old 2002-11-19, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
OoACoO
Corporal

The solution- aging. Ha-ha!

Betas going to be so random, why bitch at any particular injustice of luck.

WAH! There's 13k applications! WAH!
Old 2002-11-19, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Lazare
Corporal

waaahh! And no Europeans
Old 2002-11-19, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Nohimn
Major

Talking

It's not an issue of "the official forums are evil and should be shut down", but it's more like, "WE HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS GAME FOR MONTHS AND PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT IT ARE TAKING SEATS IN BETA!!!!! WTF?!" So CrazyMike, we feel somwhat insulted because we went all over the internet to put together as much information as we can and people who don't know anything don't bother to search the obvious. One answer I saw to a question was on the official site itself, so I think that shows there is no effort toward finding this information for themselves. in short, all of the questions are obvious, not many are good ones.

Read this before calling me an asshole, because all I am saying is that it's hard to cope with people who are not well informed and are stealing beta spots.

Old 2002-11-19, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

I don't mind n00bs. For the most part Hamma and I have seen every question that can be asked at least twice. It's nice now because all the guys that were new a few weeks ago are the ones answering all the questions.

It's the cycle of things. You tell them stuff, and they go on to tell it ot the next crop of new players. If they all want to sign up here and ask dubm questions all day long I say go for it. The more the merrier.

Hell were not even putting a dent in Hamma's bandwith levels so we aren't trying hard enough to bring in more n00bs!!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion