People at official forums don't know s**t!!!! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why won't my Mac run this?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2002-11-20, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

I'm appalled at all of you (except for Hamma). CrazyMike, RocketFodder, where's teh ? Having a fun romp with hypocrisy, eh? Flaming the n00bs is only counter-productive? You guys have been following PS since before I and nigh the entire community were born. You are flaming them. Don't try to twist words around either - you are vets flaming newbs. Calling them an "asshole" and telling them to "STFU" is flaming. So, be kind you crazy knowledgable hypocrites you.

I think we should all just have a group hug and forget about it. n00bs will be n00bs. They will flame, they will ask dumb questions, and they be just over-all and generally stupid. Let us rise above these qualities ourselves. Seek peace within, and thy will suddenly find thee n00bs much less annoying.
Old 2002-11-20, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Zarpachior, I am not sure that all of the aforementioned PSU users were flaming noobs.

I could be wrong tho.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2002-11-20, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hamma
PSU Admin

hmm, I need to add the flamethrower smily

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2002-11-20, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
BrileyPS
PlanetSide Artist

Community

As I read this I am again distraught on how things can get out of hand, as I respect many of you and have gotten to know alot of you over the years. I for one believe that we have to have a good community that will help spread the word, and not kill anyone that asks a simple question. Yes there is going to be people that will ask "is there going to be jumppacks, as those would be cool", or any numerous thread that has been flamed since the inception of the forums. All I have to say people is that even being a dev on the project, I still do not know all that there is to know about Planetside. And I for one ask that we set aside any differences and help give answers without stating who is superior in knowledge, or which site is better or whatever. Save it for the game.
Old 2002-11-20, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Hamma
PSU Admin

Briley

We all have our differences. It happens

Old 2002-11-20, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Great... Briley, you just had to read this thread, didn't you?

We get along. Well, we get along most of the time... I think? Anywho, try not to judge us crazees too harshly. Mostly, these posts only turn into flame wars 1/3 of the time.

BTW, if you didn't know - I'm anxious for PS to come out.
Old 2002-11-20, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Nohimn
Major

Talking

Fine, I do admit I'm not helping at all, and yes, people are lazy. I just want to make this clear, because I didn't before: I'm dissing the questions they ask, not the noobs. sry about the title of this post, I know that it kind of declares noobs as simple minded people. But in reality, we were all noobs at one point, it's just that the questions are so commonly repeated, it's becoming annoying. I am a bit ticked that people don't bother to read the FAQ, like I did, but I guess I have to take the point about uninformed doesn't necessarily mean bad beta tester, I never said that. What I meant was that I (and lots of other people) have been following the game forever. I know I'm not getting in because I didn't have the proper requirements for the game yet, so I'm taking a few cheap shots at noobs, because I know one of them is taking the spot I'm not getting. This is just a way to vent my anger. I'm just trying to cope with my loss (not getting into beta which I already know). This was just meant to be a list of stupid questions that were asked several thousand times. We pretty much have the answers stuck in our long-term memory by now, so I was pointing out the questions. Sorry about the title and about my attitude towards noobs, I'm just getting carried away like I always do. We all want to get into beta and we have all been taking jabs at each other. I just took a jabs at noobs, which is my mistake.

In short, sorry for not making myself clear earlier, and sorry about my attitude.

Old 2002-11-20, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
RocketFodder
Keeper of h8ball

much better.

A shame hamma doesn't share your sentiments :o
Old 2002-11-20, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Originally posted by RocketFodder
A shame hamma doesn't share your sentiments :o
RF, is there something personal with Hamma? I know the guy personally and he is a class act.

Let's press on.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2002-11-20, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Nohimn
Major

Talking

I found my new target:

Old 2002-11-20, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hamma
PSU Admin

I wasnt saying noobs are bad either.. i was pretty much saying what he did about the posts, how uninformed they are. etc

Old 2002-11-22, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

I wish i new Shit (thats his name without the asterks) he is a cool guy from what i hear, bad name choice though. And of course the people at the OF dont know him, he does not post there.

Last edited by Tobias; 2002-11-22 at 10:43 AM.
Old 2002-11-22, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

I like new people posting. It's what keeps the forum fun.
Old 2002-11-22, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

I like all the new people that are with the Vanu, they are almost all cool!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion