Tactics on the battlefild - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The fansite that refreshes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-03-26, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Tactics on the battlefild

Just throw in whatever comes to mind.

1: Crouching when at the end of the corridor allows your allies to keep shooting at the enemy instead of YOU getting shot in the back. Learn it!

2: Prowler makes for a nice long range unit.

3: Don't try to move the scope (as a sniper yourself) against an enemy sniper that has you in their sights. Take cover ASAP! Aim from other another side.

4: Never assume you're safe when your territory is on the front line.

5: Suppressing fire is a good tactic to cause fear. Use it and you can A: Make the enemy think there's more of you and B: have a chance to hit someone poking their head out. Works with both full auto and short bursts (even single shot, depending).

6: Bridges have cover (perhaps more then any damn base in the game, which is disappointing for the bases) use this to your advantage with area of effect weapons. Frag/grenade and clear, don't just rush in. A rule to live by at most times but here more then ever due to the amount of cover and the liner path.

7: C4+flash means suicide vehicle (roll and detonate).

8: Same as 7, only with a willing vic-um... Volunteer. FOR THE REPUBLIC! *Explosion near enemy max*

9: Speaking of which, all it takes is for an enemy max to turn away for one second. I love getting them when their backs are turned.

10: Never stand in the middle of a doorway, it's a sure way to get killed. Cover it from an angle.

Alright, that's enough from me. Time for you lot to chip in.

Last edited by Taramafor; 2014-09-04 at 08:27 AM.
Old 2014-03-26, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Grizzo
Private

Re: Tactics on the battlefild

Sundie drivers. Think carefully where you park them. Right on top of a base that you're attacking is not always a good idea because you'll be easy to the C4 fairies. Use your common sense. Keep them sheltered from gun fire and air attacks if possible and stay with your sundie and nurse it!

The times I've been in a tank on a good attack run with other tanks only to be spoiled because everyone is starting to run out of ammo and has to leave the front to search for ammo. It's rare to see an ammo Sundie on the field keeping the fight going. I roll an ammo sundie and if I can't deploy, because someone already has, then I go round (keeping safe as possible of course) topping up everyone ammo. Many a grateful thanks I've received for that service.

If I'm using my AV turret, Don't run in front of it! I've blown a few heads off when just as I pull the trigger, someone runs in front! Jeez!

Don't stand behind or in front of tanks you are repairing. You will get squashed when they back up out of harms way.

When advancing on foot to the next base, don't run down the middle of the road! Run down the sides so that vehicles can use the road!

Use your mini map - alot!! It's a big situational awareness asset! You can spot snipers as well that aren't using a suppressor. Hunt them down

Press Q to spot enemies for your team mates. Don't press Q if you wish to remain stealthed and not give your position away.

Use the VR area to try out and get use to new toys.

Don't forget to look up as well! Fights are in 3D not 2D

Watch youtube videos. There's some damn good players there. Watch how they do it. Loads of tips there.
Old 2014-03-26, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

https://sites.google.com/site/planetsidetactics/

Not updated some of the base capture stuff as things seem to be forever changing, but most of it is solid.
Old 2014-03-26, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ringring
Contributor
General

Throw grenades against the walls, make em bounce into the hidey holes.
Old 2014-03-26, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Totally forgot about that one. Always good advice.

Just, you know, try not to bounce them back on yourself...
Old 2014-03-26, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Thanks for the tips, from a BR59 noob

Regarding Item 3 in the OP... Yeah... I've literally watched a bullet making its way to my head, and died. Just enough time to think, "that's me done..."
Old 2014-03-26, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
NOTE: Concussion grenades explode on impact!

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2014-03-26, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

To add to the grenade bit;

Bounce them off door frame, can get some very sharp angles that way in a room and can get a better idea of who's hiding where. Flash grenades work wonderfully that way too.
Old 2014-03-26, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Someone needs to tell @mhigby or @xalorn to add these as tips when you die.

Moar!
Old 2014-03-26, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
OCNSethy
Major

Never stand in front of my Max... I WILL kill you
Old 2014-03-27, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Blynd
First Sergeant

1 - support your maxes you will get more xp supporting him then you will trying to kill steal

2 - if you pull a sundie MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AMMO OR REPAIR FITTED passive xp/certs is great but also helps your empire.

3 - when in a zerg watch out for the 60000000000000 vehicles they will run you over

4 - never think your safe unless your in a spawn tube

5 - always thank your support classes its a shitty job so make them feel appreciated

6 - always clear the corners when entering a room - sounds simple but ive got alot of kills when troops just barrel through a room and dont realise they have been shot in the back by me ( or my engie turret - yes people are that blind to what they are running past)
Old 2014-03-27, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

Tip1. Use the mini map, expand it, zoom it out if you are in a vehicle or AA/AV max, zoom it in if you are infantry/AI Max. Pay a lot of attention to it.

Tip2. Use the mini map, expand it, zoom it out if you are in a vehicle or AA/AV max, zoom it in if you are infantry/AI Max. Pay a lot of attention to it.

Tip3. Use the mini map, expand it, zoom it out if you are in a vehicle or AA/AV max, zoom it in if you are infantry/AI Max. Pay a lot of attention to it.

Tip4. Use the mini map, expand it, zoom it out if you are in a vehicle or AA/AV max, zoom it in if you are infantry/AI Max. Pay a lot of attention to it.

Tip5. Use the mini map, expand it, zoom it out if you are in a vehicle or AA/AV max, zoom it in if you are infantry/AI Max. Pay a lot of attention to it.
Old 2014-03-27, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
NOTE: Concussion grenades explode on impact!
And on the backs of friendlies, who seem to have a sixth sense when it comes to this.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2014-03-27, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

1) Just because you see an enemy and he doesn't see you doesn't mean you should start firing. Get closer.

2) When repairing a turret or in a turret, leave a mine behind you.

3) If you know a room/building has enemies inside, ALWAYS throw a grenade before entering.

4) Enter a building by a different door than the one through which you tossed a grenade if possible.

5) It is surprisingly easy to lure the enemy out of a secure building into territory of your choosing. It takes weeks of training for our new outfit members to learn NOT to do this.
Old 2014-03-27, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Boomzor
Staff Sergeant

Avoid moving/advancing along the summit of ridges, hills and rocks (or even roof tops if you're Light Assault). Sure, you have a nice view from up there but your silhouette stands out like a sore thumb and every one down there can see you if you see them.

If you do have to go over the top to recon, try to do it where rocks, boulders, vegetation or urban greeble is right behind you to hide your silhouette.

Last edited by Boomzor; 2014-03-27 at 10:50 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion